I met a cool trooper

I crashed my truck te other day, totaled it. Thank god for seat belts. No injuries but extremely sore from head to toe. Needless to say afterwards I was in and out of it but what I do remember is the state trooper being an extremely good guy. I remember him looking at my drivers license and CCDW and asking me if I had a gun on me. I said yes,he asked where at, I said my right hip. I don’t remember him taking it but when I got into mom’s car she said: the trooper gave me this (my gun) and he said in his (my) condition he doesn’t need this on him. No ticket, no ambulance ride, nothing else but mom driving me home. There are GOOD cops out there and I hope you all meet them like I did.

24 Likes

Sorry to hear about your crash! I hope there aren’t any lasting injuries and you can get a good settlement and a new truck. Glad you met a good guy, but not the way to do it!!

6 Likes

It was an old truck and I junked it to cover the storage cost and to get rid of it since I don’t have a place to keep it. Let him part it out what he can of it.

Thank you for your concern. I went to the ER on my own, considering what I went thru I’m in excellent condition. As my wife said: god had me hugged up during all of it. Praise Jesus for he is worthy.

10 Likes

Get well Brother. :+1:

7 Likes

Glad you’re still with us. Listen to your body, get well. That officer, rare as all of us!

9 Likes

Glad you are OK, sounded like a serious crash. Sorry about your old truck. It may have been old, but it was your old truck. On a personal note, Thank You for mentioning the good trooper, there are many more good LEO’s out there then there are bad. The vast majority of us took our oath and duty seriously. Yes there are bad ones that should have been denied the opportunity to ever take the oath. Thank you on his behalf for giving him a shout out. But I am so glad you had a good experience and hope you get to meet him again, just not in an official capacity. :wink:

3 Likes

That was the main reason I wrote my post.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you got to walk away from it and that you had a helping hand when you needed one!

2 Likes

Get well brother. We are all with you.

1 Like

Now I get it that is why you are sore.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re OK. Yes, there are good ones out there, but I also think it depends on the situation and what mood they’re in. In your case, compassion was necessary. He could be a jerk if the situation was different. You never know

1 Like

Yes, Sir. There are. Thank you for pointing that out. I was an LEO in a former life.

1 Like

Hope you are feeling better. Yup. Sounds like a good guy.

2 Likes