Need suggestions for a tactical belt

Just had my tactical belt break and it was less then a year old. Originally brought from Gander Mountain. I am open to any suggestions. Besides my EDC it has to hold my pants up.

2 Likes

Kore Essentials, my wife and I have been wearing them for a good time now. What’s nice about this belt is the 1/4" adjustability. I adjust it depending on the weight/items I am carrying.

6 Likes

I’ve been wearing a NexBelt everyday now for 2 years. It shows mild signs of usage, but no issues. This includes carrying my 6 inch .357 revolver durning hunting season. Happy customer so far.

3 Likes

Another vote for Kore Essentials Tactical belt :+1:

1 Like

What is your EDC? A Kore does OK for me with a Glock 45 and a spare mag. Not so great with a 1911.

1 Like

I just ordered a kore belt, Luckily my belt broke at home it would have been interesting to draw my Sig 365 with my pants down perhaps there is a training video how to do this :grinning:

2 Likes

If you want something that looks like a “normal” belt but is still rigid enough for a firearm check out the Magpul Tejas 2.0. I have never had any issues with mine! I also love my appendix edc belt from Nexbelt. Fun fact if you are a USCCA member you also have a 15% off code to Nexbelt on your Member Dashboard!

3 Likes

That’s a feature of Kore belts. They know when to break. :wink:

1 Like

For a leather belt, Hanks Belts. Have jasmine several years and looks and performs great.

5 Likes

Going to give a shout out to Bigfoot here. My second steel core belt has held up amazingly for 3 years now!
I lost weight and the first became too big, being steel core you cant add holes without a drill press. And they don’t recommend that…

1 Like

Hanks Belts, 100-year warranty, I look forward to a new belt when this one only goes 99 years.

Larry

2 Likes

My best ones are probably the least expensive ones I own. 5.11 makes a nylon double thickness reversible (kaki / black) with a polymer slip buckle that really works. They do not stretch even when soaked in sweat and the buckle allows for precise adjustment and does not EVER slip. Also since the buckle is not metal I don’t have to take it of to go thorough metal detectors. The best part is the cost about $24 last I checked and my oldest one is over 10 years old and still looks brand new. When I travel it’s the only belt I bring with me.

1 Like

NOW you tell me. :slight_smile:

Just goes to show that I need to spend more time on the forums.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Any experience with Bison Design Belts? They have assorted designed fancy quick release buckles and simpler heavy duty belts.
I have pro-deal pricing available through work but don’t know much about EDC belts save the “need for a heavy duty belt.”

As of now, I have a subcompact which I am likely to carry either in a pocket holster or appendix, though I have a hardshell Kydex IWB holster (which I need a wing for).

Thanks

Sir Ulrich

1 Like

I suggest putting Loctite thread lock (Blue 242) on the threads of any screws in your belt, holster and magazine pouches. You don’t want your rig to come apart.

2 Likes

I have a wolf tactical. I haven’t had it for long but so far it’s perfect. Not too stiff so I don’t want to wear it because it scratches my waistline but more then stiff enough to retain my holster.

This. Great belt!

Hanks belts are also good, but I like the ratchet system in the Kore belt.

1 Like

I’ve been wearing KORE everyday. Nylon version worked good for classes / range.
But recently I’ve seen a shooter with a new (for me) KORE belt and was fascinated.

That might be my new tactical belt.:

1 Like