Name your permit

I have a Kentucky permit to carry and in Kentucky they call it
CCDW. Concealed carry deadly weapon witch allows me to carry any form of legal weapon now I am in the middle of moving to Ohio full time i took the ccw test for ohio and noticed there’s is a CCH. Concealed carry handgun license so just . Curious since we have people from every state here ( yes even California) what is yours called in your state

4 Likes

Arkansas is CHCL (Concealed Handgun Carry License) formally but, I know only one person (instructor) that says that. Most of us just say CC. :sweat:

4 Likes

LTCCPROOFWTSOC

License To Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver, or Other Firearm Within the State of California

4 Likes

In VA. It’s PCCH, Permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun. We just call it concealed carry permit. Six one way half dozen another.

2 Likes

Florida is CWFL - Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.

3 Likes

Please read your CC Laws in OHIO. You can purchase a guide or get it free for every state. Crossing state lines, and all your legal need to know. Court rules and laws are very different to for your new state too.

2 Likes

Thank you i am well aware of the laws as i have worked in Cincinnati for 8 years and my previous state has reciprocity with Ohio so i quickly learned the laws for both but that was part of my point Kentucky’s allows for carry of any weapon and Ohio is simply handgun thats a big difference

2 Likes

Washington state - Conceal pistol Permit

2 Likes

In Texas - LTC - Licence To Carry. For both open and conceal carry.

2 Likes

In Texas it’s refered to as a LTC. The layout looks exactly like a Texas driver’s license but, of course says “LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUN” at the top

2 Likes

In CA it’s a CCW

2 Likes

In Michigan it’s a CPL: Concealed Pistol License

3 Likes

In Illinois, it’s CCL. Concealed Carry License.

4 Likes

I apologize for sounding like a busy body here. I was in some classes almost two years ago and as I followed from state to state, I am very happy to live in Florida. Some shooting and deaths have accused here in this state as well. I meant no harm. Please stay safe and enjoy
OHIO.

2 Likes

In Nevada it’s called a Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit. It also does not cover knives, only firearms, which is strange considering they call it a “Weapon” permit.

2 Likes

In SC it’s a Concealed Weapon Permit, or CWP

2 Likes

Nebraska- CHP, Concealed Handgun Permit

2 Likes

FLORIDA-Concealed Weapon or Firearm License

State of Florida

2 Likes

Pennsylvania- LTC, License To Carry Firearms

2 Likes

what in the actual …?

PA likes to keep it simple: LTCF or License to Carry Firearms … covers concealed anywhere in the already open-carry state, and both open-carry and concealed carry in the one exception to std. open-carry: Philadelphia.

1 Like