Florida seems to be back on track

A couple weeks ago I read in another post that someone put up (@Jerzy)? about the slow response times the Commish of Ag was in issuing CWL to residents. The AG sent her a letter saying basically get your head out of you know what because it will be a costly issue for the State. Well I filled out my paperwork on 4/24 and received the license in the mail today. Looks like the slow-roll has ceased.

5 Likes

CWL? :thinking: not me… I feel OK discussing CCL only… :upside_down_face:

Congrats to You for the license :+1:

3 Likes

So what’s the difference between CCL and CWL? They are both a Concealed Permit, right? In Fact you could add CFL as well.

3 Likes

CCL - Illinois. CWL… I guess Florida?
Anyway, I’m trying to not discuss what I don’t know :no_mouth: and Florida’s permits are unknown for me.

3 Likes

Florida’s permits are Concealed Weapons Licenses, hence CWL.

3 Likes

KY has CDW, Concealed Deadly Weapon.

Three Letter Acronyms (TLAs) galore… Just something else to add to the confusion when discussing 2A, I guess.

2 Likes

That’s a big improvement, I recall wait time over a month.
Regrettably, the Commish of Ag has an agenda

5 Likes

@Jerzy sorry I didn’t understand what you were trying to say earlier. I understand now.

3 Likes

Yeah. I was trying to explain that I didn’t post anything about Florida permits, once I found my name mentioned ant the very begening.

2 Likes

In KY they are called CCDWs for concealed carry deadly weapon but they are really CDWLs (Concealed Deadly Weapons License)

2 Likes

In Louisiana is CHP :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:
Concealed handgun permit

1 Like

Let’s just cut all the crap nationwide and call it a 2ALTC.
No! That’s not the newest antacid!
It’s an anti (whatever we call those people who are against us). What is the politically correct word for “them?”
Second Amendment License To Carry.
Personally I think, scrap the paper work and permission and go straight up nationwide constitutional carry. No one needs the likes of a Nikki Fried, to slow down our rights.
At this point in time, I think we need a background check on FBI agents who carry a biased brain. But I digress.

1 Like

In Michigan they call it the CPL concealed pistol license

2 Likes

Fried put the burden of issuing CWLs’ to the tax collectors offices. This under the guise of COVID-19 protection. I did not vote for Fried in our last election and will pass the word about her anti 2nd amendment stance. No one is above the law.

3 Likes

Is she on the ballot this year?

Sad to say, she’ll be up for reelection in 2022. She barely won in 2018.

3 Likes