My county is making people jump through hoops for a ccw permit!

Is that right? I’ll tell you what. I love living Indiana.

3 Likes

Sorry Justin, Indiana has the same law :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry to tell ya… Yes. Stun guns and Tasers are legal to purchase and possess without a permit . The minimum age is 18 years old. Indiana state law

4 Likes

Seriously you can buy a Taser at a gas station in Indiana. Lived here all my life and I promise you almost every person I know owns one.

3 Likes

I was wrong,the site that I was looking at said you had to have a permit,but I looked the laws on uscca. I found out I was wrong, SORRY!!!

3 Likes

It’s ok… Lol no harm.

3 Likes

That sounds ridiculous to have a ccw for a tazer. I’m all for keeping weapons out of the hands of bad guys but when it effects the good guys I feel as if they cross a moral line.
Thanks everybody I feel welcomed and am glad to be a part of the community.

3 Likes

Wisconsin is that way. You have to have your CWL to carry a tazer or stun gun

3 Likes
TASERS OR STUN GUNS?

Is it legal to own a taser or stun gun in Michigan? Yes. A concealed carry permit is required to purchase or possess a stun gun or Taser. Permittees may have and use a stun gun or Taser in a reasonable way, as long as:

• you have a valid Michigan license to carry a concealed pistol;
  • you’ve received training in the use and risks of the Taser; and
  • the device has an identification and tracking system that allows it to be traced to the buyer (presumably through the darts) when it’s first used.

It’s illegal to use a Taser except under circumstances that justify the legal use of physical force, including to defend yourself or someone else from an attack or sexual assault.

[Mich. Penal Code 750.224a]

3 Likes

Unfortantely, the deputy maay not have known about the extension. Ever have to take your auto back and forth to the dealer to try to get a problem solved…to no avail. Then you insist on communicating with the district level manufacturer’s rep and he the says there has been a repair directive out on that issue for 3 months. I have. Sometimes rule changes just don’t trickle down.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

I completely understand the deputies may have not known about the extention but in reality why would this not be addressed after emails and calls expressing concerns about the process and also im sure someone could have put this in somewhere in the lengthy process on the sheriffs website. The State police don’t even issue ccw permits and its posted on there website. In the end the sheriffs department is a service to the citizens so after multiple citizens expressing concerns should have the effect of something getting done eventuality weather changes to the process or simply giving information that they should have. That’s like calling bk asking questions about a whopper and being told I cant help you and then McDonald’s gives you the info lol. And car dealerships and law enforcement is apples to oranges, unless of the sheriffs department are also mostly crooks trying to take as much money as possible, witch if you think about it 2nd amendment says we can bear arms so making someone pay for something to do what you should already be able to do is unmoral and unconstitutional and best. Imagine them saying you have free speech but you have to go to the sheriffs department and pay $20 for a permit to use your free speech. Witch at this rate seems like it might happen.

1 Like

Brandon, my comment was in no way a justification of the problems with CCW renewal. My daughter’s CCW (Wake County, NC which is where Raleigh is located) was expiring and she did the renewal online and after never getting any info after weeks called them for status. Well, everybody in government seems to be enjoying a government paid holiday. Finally, she got a date and time to come down to the Wake County Sheriff’s Office in Raleigh (with all the social distancing caveats) on a particular day at 3:00 pm. She got to the area 15 minutes early as was told and the doors locked and office closed to public. She was confused and saw a deputy not far away and asked him. “oh, they closed 30 minutes ago”. Obviously after a 30-40 minute drive into town she was not a happy camper. Finally, after a few more days she got in, they took the new finger prints and she received it. My car dealership comment was not meant to necessarily be apples to apples, but an analogy in regards to break down in chain of information disseminaton. While we like to think that law enforcement works for the citizens taxpayer, that is just fanciful thinking, at least in some city locations. When the chips are down, how many of law enforcement wil really walk off the job and give up the salary that provides for their family? I still “Support the Blue”, but quite honestly, I suspect only about 20% at best would say no to government bureaucrat tyranny turning on citizens. They would enforce “the law” because it is an easy facade to hind behind. And think about it, the fact that you have applied for handgun permit to purchase (we are a shall issue state if you do not have a criminal record and you can request as many permits as you want) means there is a high probability you own a firearm, so you will become one of the first targets if confiscation ever becomes law because you are an easy pickens. And what about long guns (which we here in NC do not need a permit to purchase although they run a background check). Well for both your handguns and long guns you will have flled out one of those ATF/NFA documents which the seller has to keep on file for 20 years. When police show up at the dealer with authorization and ask for all the records of who purchased will the dealer have been forwarned and shred/burn them, with the risk of imprisonment? I don’t count on that. The real test of law enforcement will come when some state or city issues a confiscation order without there having been a Constitutional amendment outlawing firearms ownership which was ratified by 3/4 of the states. Then we will see which LE works for the citizens versus the bureaucracy/politicians. But for now, I still “Back the Blue” as a necessary part of having a civil society and pray every one of them is able to return home safely after their shift ends.

1 Like

It would be pointless to try to justify the ccw process witch is why I had already assumed you weren’t really trying to but yes if there is a deputy assigned to answer calls concerning permits they should definitely know things regarding it. I support the fact that we need police but am also for police reform, there are just too many things that aren’t justifiable. I believe that if there is just one crooked cop on the force and other officers turn a blind eye the whole department is bad even if they have good intentions. Anyway im not really sure that luzerne county even need a sheriffs department. I build my own guns so not to worried about them taking something they don’t know I have. Also don’t really know how it went from ccw to purchasing and confiscation. But once they try to take our guns they are not here to help regardless, i will pretend to comply so im not one of the first to be killed over it. Its history repeating itself literally. The crown tried to gain more control by taking weapons from anyone against the crown. Next thing you now people weren’t taking st and fighting back, then Paul Revere comes shouting “the British are coming” (witch he didn’t actually do). This country was literally founded by the same thing that will potentially destroy it, and that is our right to keep and bear arms and free speech. Both of witch are being threatened. Sure there are a ton of good cops out there but at the same time there are a ton of bad ones too the good ones the turn a blind eye to the bad ones are then bad and its like 50 50 shot at how a simple stop will go down. Most cops even ones known to be good make biased actions daily. For example if i ask a cop in a bad attitude why the fk did you pull me over, and he gets cocky because I failed his attitude test. Witch has happened to me plenty. And the brothers in blue mentality makes it worse because they have no moral line. A cop shoots someone unjustifiably and the whole department collaborates to not make them look bad witch makes the whole department corrupt unless the went against there “brothers/criminals in blue”. Hell yes we need police but said police need more training, if 5 grown ass men can’t disarm and detain someone with a bat or an elderly lady with a knife then there is something wrong there. Sure you can say why should they risk there lives uh because that’s what they signed up for. Even if it was something stupid I think most cops have went against there oath somewhere down the line even if it was something petty, probably more than once. Think of it this way (God forbid) if your daughter had been killed waiting for her ccw how would you feel knowing she shouldn’t have needed a peace of paper saying she can carry. I believe it was 2 issues ago in the Concealed carry magazine this situation happened to a young girl who was threatened by her ex boyfriend, did the police help? Nope because you have to be a victim, witch she was because she had a restraining order. Long story shore he killed her because she couldn’t defend herself, the police had every right and obligation to arrest him for breaking the restraining order but didn’t think it was serious crime to act on. So between the sheriffs and local pd this girl lost her life, 1 becausethe pd didn’t help, 2 because all over the country your made to pay to do something that should be legal in the first place. I really hope this never happens to any of us and wish all of you and your family’s the best and only use this perspective because some people don’t understand or care about things untill it effects them. Things that seem small but have taken lives. I support them now but just know most of you here will not once they are coming for your guns. I think you underestimate what will happen when officers have to go to there parents and siblings saying give me your weapons, let alone take action when there family’s dont cooperate. Like if i was at my moms front door saying give me your guns and tells me take it from my cold dead hands, would you shoot your family that said paychecks are supporting.

1 Like

When I say that cops making biased actions has happened plenty I want to clarify this is when I was a minor and a trouble maker and said cops had had every right to stop me probably almost every time. But in my adult life had gotten pulled over 2 times got a ticket once and politely challenged the second and was let go. The best bet for everyone is to not do anything that is against the law and you likely won’t have to worry about it in the first place but with that said even in the situation where someone did something wrong officers don’t always deescalate the situation as they should and get leniency because of the shield when it should be worse for them simply because they should know better. Anyone who follows USCCA training should know in a potential self defense situation to ALWAYS try to deescalate the situation, what could be a simple dispute can turn deadly when the situation is escalated. If someone starts yelling at you, you could do many things walk away (witch obviously a cop can’t do) you could apologize even though you did nothing wrong ect. or you can argue and escalate the situation until the person attacked you and you use your firearm but that makes you the bad guy for making a situation worse and causing a dangerous environment. Why do police officers get leniency when they should be held to a higher standard than the general public? If most officers were good we wouldn’t be told in a self defense situation to shut up and call your lawyer and uscca probably wouldn’t be what it is today. The uscca is in business simply because they rely on the fact that people are terrified of what’s going to happen when police show up after a self defense situation, I mean all of you seem awesome but thats not why I pay to join the uscca/community (you ladies and gents are just a great bonus) its becauseI’m scared of the police and thats how a lot of the country feels. The police are not your friend when a self defense situation happens why should I believe they are my friend any other time? Yes I do support the boys in blue but personally for me its hard to trust any of them, I know I shouldn’t let one apple spoil the bunch but I don’t know if it’s a good cop or a bad cop and nobody wants that gamble. So I know we need police and I support what they stand for but its hard to support each officer personally because I don’t know them but I do know a few of them are bad and thats not really fair for the good cop that pulls people over and the person is just nervous because they just don’t know if they got one of the few bad ones. So please don’t take me for someone that wants to abolish the police, I just think they need new tactics/reform how they respond to certain situations.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, from Michigan.

2 Likes

How can you tell someone is new so I know who to welcome? I feel rude for not welcoming stephen before budding in. Welcome Stephen. What do you mean you need a permit to purchase, do you have to get a permit for every handgun? I’m confused?

2 Likes

you will see a banner above their name, that will say something like this - This is the first time Stephen137 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!. If you want to conceal, you have to get a permit, that will cover all your hand guns. If buying from a gun dealer you fill out the paper work and they run a back ground check, if clear, you get your gun, if you want to purchase another gun,you do it all over again. ( paper work and back ground check).

2 Likes

Ok I just realized I have to click on there name to see it. I think I understand the process now, I was confused when he said multiple permits, he just ment the application to purchase. I was thinking you need a permit for every hand gun in NC or something, I was even thinking of moving to NC I love the Appalachian mountans and live in the rige and valley section in Pennsylvania but would love to live in the actual mountains.

1 Like

In Missouri we are a shall issue state. I’ve had CCW the last 12 years after moving into the state. It was a fairly simple & reasonably priced procedure. When I moved to a new county I legally had to get a updated CCW license. Simple 20 minute stop at Sheriff office. I’ve had longer waits at the DMV! :+1:to the Sheriff’s office.

3 Likes