No CCW Permits Being Issued

My wife is scheduled to take her CCW class next week. I called the Sheriff’s office to schedule an apt for her to get her CCW and they informed me that due to corona virus they are not taking any appointments or issuing any permits until at least May of 2021. Is this even legal?

4 Likes

@Severio In the grand scheme of things, no it isn’t legal. Have you reached out to any 2A organizations, like GOA, to challenge this refusal?

2 Likes

Just curious … what State is it that requires appointment?

Ohio. No I have not reached out to anybody yet. But it seems all of the surrounding counties are doing the same thing. It took five years for my wife to want her CCW. Now, knowing she can’t get it until next year, she’s getting very discouraged.

2 Likes

If concealed carry permits are not being processed and the 9/11 tributes are cancelled due to Coronavirus and rioting and looting is acceptable, then I submit to you that the elections be delayed until 2024 “DUE to CORONAVIRUS”.
Legal seems to be out the window, due to coronavirus.
This is war, there’s no recourse. Am I advocating you break the law? Due to coronavirus, I can’t say one way or the other!

4 Likes

Wow… i wanted to get my minnesota ccw because I’m there all the time… just did it last month. No issues at all… minnesota you have to go in person to the sheriff office.

What county in Ohio? Some are still allowing appointments.

I clicked through the pages and the next spot available is September 4th.

Also read that you can also apply for your CCW in the next county:

You must apply to your county sheriff or to the sheriff of a county that abuts the county you reside in.

https://www.usacarry.com/ohio_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

2022 is year after next.

Pretty much, brother. Sad, sad situation.

1 Like

There are judges in some places who have ruled it unconstitutional and judges in other jurisdictions who have said it is okay. Who we elect at the local, county, and state level is very important.

1 Like

That’s nonsense and sounds to me like something that needs organized fighting against. If I could not get a CCW I’d be open carrying next day.

4 Likes

Sounds like INFRINGEMENT to me!
August 17th is an inconvenience, September 4th is outrageously political!

2 Likes

Every new gun owner should realize what voting means to them and our free nation. :us::us::us::us::us::us::us::us::us::us::us: Can they spell CONSEQUENCES?

2 Likes

Hey guys, before we crucify the System… perhaps this should be confirmed first.
Like @PDA3 mentioned, there are still County Offices in Ohio where you can schedule appointment.

1 Like

First… my mistake… it’s May, 2021. It’s in Portage County, Ohio. You call their appointment line and all you get is a recording.

1 Like

Don’t give up. When you call Illinois State Police Firearm Service Bureau… you pretty much reach recording as well. However it doesn’t mean you don’t get your CC Permit.

I had to wait 3 months for the county clerks office to open,due to the virus pandemic, then you had to make appointment to turn in your cpl app. I finally got in, paid my 100 dollars and 3 day later got my finger prints done at the sheriff office. Now waiting to get my permit, it’s been 3 weeks so far.
Kalamazoo Michigan.

1 Like

Oh I get it. But… their recording literally says they aren’t processing permits until May. 330-296-5100

If the information on USACarry is accurate and you can apply in the next County, Stark County is taking appointments.

It’s tough in Orange county Florida. Brevard and Seminole counties only do residents. The sheriffs office won’t do fingerprints because of COVID-19. Finally I was able to do mine in Lake county Florida. This was at the tax collectors office. The Department of Agriculture won’t do CWL’s either. It is almost a conspiracy. Make it so difficult to play by the rules. Found an online service that claims a Virginia non resident permit is good in 27 states but I didn’t trust it, I figured it was a money grab. Just happy to find someplace that does CWL’s! Times are hard for a patriot. This is for an initial permit.

1 Like