No CCW Permits Being Issued

UPDATE: I reached out to our actual Sheriff. He’s a family friend as I used to be the local crime reporter. Once my wife has taken her test and passed he is going to process her as an emergency permit. This because lots of angry criminals we have reported on have recently gotten out of prison. That’s the reason my wife wants her permit in the first place.

8 Likes

After reading some of the responses, I feel pretty darned lucky. I have my CCDW (KY), and had it within 12 days, start to finish. They state 15 days in the process verbage. Of course, all of this was done prior to Covid-19, so not sure how it’s going now.

2 Likes

Assuming your wife is trained and comfortable with her firearm … open carry baby. While I’m not a fan of OC, in this case it sends a message to your namby-pamby sheriff.

When push comes to shove, this is why you never procrastinate about things like passports, expired gov’t IDs, carry permits, etc. During all kinds of emergencies, it can become impossible to get anything like this which requires in person interviews/tests, fingerprints, etc. And…honestly…most civilian government employees spend their entire work day looking for a reason why NOT, and do not care a lick about all the reasons why. They get paid the same to say “no” or “yes.”

1 Like

I just moved to Cincinnati ohio and had to take and go through this process back in May and I was able to schedule an appointment with the sheriffs office in Butler co ohio it is almost a 2 month wait but i was able to get mine took care of have you tried a neighboring County . As stated I live in Cincinnati ohio witch is Hamilton County and could not get a appointment but was able to in my neighboring County of Butler

My first permit was in Campbell County Kentucky it took less then 2 full weeks form taking my ccdw class to having my license in my hand. I wish everywhere was that fast

2 Likes

That’s awesome. @Shawn31

1 Like

Yeah it was until i moved literally 10 min across the ohio river into Cincinnati ohio it has taken almost 5 months for this same process

I took my cpl class almost 5 months ago, couldn’t get an appointment until 3 weeks ago, to turn in app and get finger printed. i’m still waiting to get my permit.

What state do you live in. Im still waiting my appointment is oct 12th almost a full year to get it done i should have stayed in Kentucky lol

wow, sure seems like they put a lot of people in danger letting all these criminals out of jail. Unbelievably some counties admit they don’t even know WHO they released!!

1 Like

I live in Michigan, Kalamazoo county. I can’t believe all the shootings around here.

Correct its really troubling we just had 17 shootings over the weekend. Thats not counting the day to day

1 Like

I have waited 3 months to get my CCW finally my appointment is August 21, 2020.

1 Like