Length in time to get ccw permit

Hello everyone!! I live in the state of Indiana. I applied for my carry permit on June 26th and went through all the motions. Still haven’t received any notice of anything. How long would it take?

2 Likes

Don’t live in Indiana, but can you log in to the portal the ISP has and check the status of your application or contact them for a status update?

Is the online portal only for those that applied online…or any applicant?

https://www.in.gov/isp/3263.htm

1 Like

I have checked. Still pending. I am not understanding what the hold up is.

1 Like

Have you tried to make contact with them?

2 Likes

With this pandemic who knows, I believe every ones applications are being delayed.

3 Likes

My scenario here in Wisconsin

Took my CCW class on Saturday, July 11th. Applied for my license same day. I was approved on Sunday, July 12th. Received my permit on Wednesday, July 15th. I’m told that was an extremely fast turnaround. On average they are processed and issued within 14 days. State law requires license to be issued or denied within 21 days of receiving the application.

3 Likes

I’m glad I took care of mine when I did, and don’t have the hoops that others seem to have. I strolled in to the sheriff’s office, handed them my $$ and application, snooped around the lobby while they did my background check, got my picture taken…out the door in about twenty minutes. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Having LE and security experience many years ago might have helped. It’s hard to say. Whatever the case, I am not asking!

1 Like

@MICHAEL663 Ok so you did the online app… then you did the finger printing. And last you did your local fees right? I’m in Indiana. If you did all that then it will be in the mail 6 to 8 weeks from when you payed your local. Mine came in a week and a half after I paid my local fees. and that was right in the beginning of the pandemic around May 20.

They have an overflow of people applying. Just wait… it will be in the mail soon.

2 Likes

I’m not in your state, but when I applied in mine, I received it about the time the state and pals within our gun community estimated it would arrive. I was late getting my finger prints in, but when I did, I noticed mine arrived soon after; Many said the prints helped. When I applied for another’s state, I was pleasantly surprised how soon their CCL (permit) arrived, faster than even my home state’s.
Mind you, my CCL’s were before Covid 2020, and my home state took as long as yours. I used my anticipation energy to study up on safety, and care of my upcoming life style change.

I noticed that UT &/or AZ CCL’s might cover Indiana.

2 Likes

I know what the hold up is, It is called “Red Tape”!

2 Likes

It’s a bouncing baby CWP! I took the class on 30 May, and the permit was issued 28 Aug. It arrived in the mail today.

Is it weird that I almost feel like a proud new father?

3 Likes

I know but don’t you feel weird about even having to get a permit? I do!

2 Likes

I grew up in NY, also known as the state of taxes, and excess government. I guess I’m used to jumping through hoops for things others have naturally

3 Likes