My county is making people jump through hoops for a ccw permit!

Normally its is a fairly easy process here in Pennsylvania but during the pandemic our sheriffs department has no sence of urgency. Like I said before people got killed waiting in situations like this. I’m just worried that the one time I need it I won’t have it. There are a million ways on how to go about the process during the pandemic not turn a 20 minute process like you said into a 20++++ day process. I have literally considered a loophole by going to visit family in Florida and pick up a ccw permit which my state will honor. It cost triple the price but in a fraction of the time. Plus right now Lezurne County doesn’t deserve my $20 I’d rather give Florida $60 to expedite what I need (forced to have) lol.

2 Likes

We are a shall issue state as well the problem is it takes 40+ days right now just for them to check you…
@Kerry12 I understand you currently have a ccw but do you know what your process would be during the pandemic?
If its isn’t a crazy process then mad props :clap: to Missouri sheriffs for putting citizens safety and rights first.

2 Likes

Would imagine once the basic ID info paperwork is complete for new applicants the only thing left is 8 hour CCW class. Finding a class might take a couple of phone calls due to virus but would be surprised if it proved to be difficult.
After those 2 things are complete, a trip to Sheriff’s office and a person should be legal to CCW.

3 Likes

Glad to hear most are not dealing with this. PA is generally easy to get one and you don’t even need to take a class although I did. Its just the handling of the COVID situation that is concerning/bothering me. Not much I can do besides express my concerns and go through the process. Cross my fingers it goes quickly. Its just my luck my 5 year ccw expired during this.

2 Likes

In SC the lead time for a CWP is 90 business days, and they are so busy it’s taking almost the full amount of time. My paperwork was turned in 1 June, & the CWP was issued 28 August. I received it in my mailbox 8 September.

3 Likes

When I first read the post, I thought it was for California, that’s knowing new here, my bad. :smirk:

1 Like