Mag holders

New to the fray and looking for good recommendations for mag pouches. Sig P365.

2 Likes

How do you intend to carry the mag pouches? Belt? Molle? Are you looking at something in leather? Kydex?

Just about any of the reputable holster/gear manufacturers or tacticool vendors will most likely have a decent selection of quality magazine pouches. Safariland, Blackhawk, Condor, Tactical Tailor, Galls, DeSantis, Galco, AlienGear, etc…

4 Likes

I carry mine in a Redhead knife pouch. It looks like you have a buck knife on your belt. Basspro carry’s them for about 5 bucks

7 Likes

Belt to start. Kydex seems more practical. I am new to carrying and having the mag in a pocket seems cumbersome to me.

2 Likes

I like that idea. Then it would be just training to lift the flap.

2 Likes

If you’re ever in a situation you’re defending yourself, digging through your pocket(s) to swap out mags would be somewhat problematic.

The knife pouch @Capt.T suggested doesn’t sound like too bad of idea. If it’s sturdy, secure, accessible, and doesn’t spit the magazine out on the ground if you were to take a tumble, I say try it out.

Worse case scenario…it doesn’t work for you, you’re only out five bucks. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

These seem interesting. Versacarrier® Magazine Holder | Spare Magazine Pouches

1 Like

I use the 3.0 Bravo Concealment Magazine Pouch. No strap necessary as the tension is adjustable. Just the other day I found myself in a full sprint chasing a 2yo that wonder away from home and in the street. I jumped out of my car and bolted a full block as the child was happily running in the opposite direction. Gun and magazine didn’t move. Police were called and child was returned home after a welfare check.

4 Likes

I have enough in my pockets to deal with and I feel like Batman with my utility belt.

5 Likes

On the rare occasion when I carry a spare mag, I opted for the NeoMag pocket device. Not a fan of a lot of stuff attached to my belt.

https://theneomag.com/shop-neomag/

2 Likes

Those are sweet!!!

1 Like

YOU MADE ME SPILL MY COFFEE, IT MADE LAUGH SO HARD.

4 Likes

If you are going to carry single mag, look for SnagMag.
SnagMag doesn’t even look like mag pouch for the eyes of regular person.
A_20200904_01

6 Likes

All the recommendations made by these knowledgeable people here are excellent choices. See which one you feel more comfortable with.

4 Likes

I use a PJ Holster tuckable IWB - carry the pistol at 4 o’clock, mag at 8. Mostly because I don’t want an exposed mag carrier flopping on my belt and I have other stuff in my pockets already.

It’s just a Kydex shell with a tuckable behind-the-belt clip, uses friction to hold the mag in place. It leaves the floorplate exposed though, so tuck a t-shirt behind it. It might not be a good choice if the bottom of the mag has a sharp edge.

3 Likes

Too bad women’s pockets are usually really shallow :confused:

4 Likes

It’s time to start wearing jeans :wink:
I’ve been always telling that carrying is not comfortable… something has to be sacrificed…

2 Likes

I found this to be my latest good combo carrier, and it has broken in nicely. After a month, it’s still my current favorite.

2 Likes

I also have this for when I use a strong side kydex instead. Works well, totally hidden and secure. Not expensive on Amazon. But like others have said, the Batman belt setup can get a bit clunky with too many add-ons. I prefer the versacarry with sidecar lately. Mostly because it doesn’t try to constantly pull my pants down on the heavy side.

7 Likes

I have alien gear kydex mag pouches. Adjustable carry style and adjustable tension. I carry horizontal so i have the tension cranked up to the max. Holds them nice and secure, i have to be very deliberate in getting them out, which isn’t an issue if you’re in a hurry, grab and yank.

3 Likes