Mag holders

Cut hole to fit? Add a bit of velco when not using mag holder to seal the hole?

3 Likes

@Glock27ccw, I have been looking for a horizontal carrier for my .45, but have not been able to find one. What is the maker of that? Do they have leather options?

@Jerzees, I like that design, too. I like that it looks like my pocket knife that I carry the same way. Those that know me, if they saw that would assume it was just one of the knives I always carry. Might be an issue if I pull the wrong one? :grin: I will look into that for my 9, as it is a sub-compact and the mag would fit easier in my pocket than the mag for the .45 full-frame. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I saw SnagMag in my Instructor’s pocket during the class. At the first moment I was sure it was a knife, until he did reload reaching from a mag from his pocket. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I use a NeoMag magnetic holster. It sits in your pocket like a pocket knife and is easily concealed in almost any pair of pants/shorts!

2 Likes

Looks flat in pictures, but is quite sturdy. Just remove belt clip to thread onto belt in horizontal orientation. Works with up to 1.25" belts. Tight when you start, but forms to mag and belt nicely after a few wears. Shorter 4.5" version fits my Glock 27 mag with 9 rounds of .40 perfectly.

2 Likes

I believe it is too short for my .45 mag, which is almost 6". Their large version is 5". It does not appear to be wide enough for my sub-compact, as it is a double-stack. Do you believe it could fit?

2 Likes

Really couldn’t say if it’ll fit others. Sorry. Just know the 4.5" model fits my short Glock double stack perfectly. My mag is 7/8" wide x 4" overall with pachmeyer pinky extension.

The 4.5" designation would be the max length of the mag with base plate that would fit inside the snap flap.

3 Likes

I have seen them in gun stores they are pretty common mag holders and you can probably find different sizes the will fit your mags.

1 Like

I use snag mag. Conceals really well. When I carry a second it’s a neomag.

2 Likes

I use alien gear mag pouch. Can put in any cant that is comfortable

2 Likes

3 Likes

Welcome to the community and God Bless, from Michigan

1 Like

Thanks. I’m going to need those blessings in the Twin Cities. :smirk:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

@Glock27ccw, thank you for the information and recommendation. Still not sure if it will work for me as my gun belt is 1 1/2" wide and fairly thick (as someone at this site told me, it is 16oz., 12 irons, aka 1/4" thick). I found a site that explains the system of measurements for leather here.

3 Likes