Louisiana Governor Says He'll Veto Constitutional Carry if Reaches His Desk

“All of that it seems to me is proper. That’s the right balance to strike. And I feel very strongly about that. I also feel very strongly that a considerable majority of the people in Louisiana support the system we currently have,” Edwards said when asked about the proposal”

2 Likes

If we are going to be invaded by invitation, then all natural born AMERICANS should and must CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY! The truest expression of freedom.
If they are offended by our God given 2A rights, they are welcome to leave and we won’t even charge them to cross the desert!

5 Likes

Sadly, my governor would veto the Constitution itself had the chance been given.

He’s a straight communist.

4 Likes

I like what Governor Abbott told the Biden administration about coming to Texas to take our guns. If you come for that purpose then don’t come alone you might not like the reception you get. I think he said it a little bit harder than that but the point got across. He’s got my vote and not that Liberal snob of an actor that is running against him. He will roll out the red carpet for the Yankee bunch to enter Texas then stick his tail between his legs and roll over and play dead for them. Anyone that is going to vote for him sure better listen well to all that he is standing for and it is sure not Texas. Just saying.

Jim K.

2 Likes

Fear the politician who fears your gun!

5 Likes

@Fred_G knows what I’m talking about!

He’s a fellow “Louisianaian” too! Yes, that’s a words down here in “da souf”

2 Likes

Cajun country should recall his ass.

4 Likes

At least he is term limited out after this term. We did not have a very good candidate running against him in the last election…

2 Likes

@Fred_G is correct.

The Republican running against Edwards was “coo-coo” hmm what was his name, Oh yeah! Rispone.

I even re-elected Edwards… Regretfully speaking but even though he’s a Moderate Democrat he was the better choice. If Rispone was in office we might have gun rights but that’s all we would have after he bankrupted us and left us for Washinton like our last one, Bobby Jindal.

3 Likes

You mean Piyush Jindal? I don’t have anything against immigrants, but why change your name to Bobby?

1 Like

I’m sure that I’m going to make some people mad by saying this but I do not like the idea of no background check at all. There are some people that should flat out not carry a firearm. I realize that our 2A gives us that right & will not dispute that. It may be a bit of paranoia on my part but I have actual family members that would just be completely irresponsible & never seek out any training or even the most basic use of deadly force laws. With the CCL course in Texas you learn the basics & are provided many options for further training and legal information. Again, I’m an old dog & could be completely wrong. I certianly am not stepping on the 2A. It just makes me wonder about the crazy MFrs that have no regard for anyone that have a firearm and are itching to use it on the 1st person that pisses them off. Ya, I realize that they’ll get a gun requardless so again, maybe I’m just used to the background check in Texas that takes about 20 min. to fill out & get approved & the permit that says to local LEOs that I don’t pose as much a threat to them knowing that my background is clean. Thanks for letting me rant & if you have an opposite opinion, I respect that.

1 Like

Criminals will carry regardless of constitutional carry or not.

5 Likes

“Sen. Regina Barrow, a Baton Rouge Democrat, said she worried about the lost money to the state police and public defender offices that get money from the permit fees.”

Just like Arkansas Game & Fish (see Sanctuary State: Oklahoma), trading away our rights for dollars.

2 Likes

I see this situation as a case of “Pandora’s Box” was opened over time for a number of years now. We have a generation or two of young people who have little sense of reality or respect for others. Kinfolks I have with real self-image problems go through life feeling anger at the slightest perceived incident of insult. They have the need to have an enlarged image in front of others when the reality is that they are simply intimidated by everyone else.

There is no way to weed them out with a background check.

We, as Americans, need to realize that we can’t keep our freedoms while denying it to everyone else. We have to deal with it as it comes. The need to feel “safe” by refusing freedom to others is tearing our country apart.

4 Likes

I understand both view points on the matter but my case rest on the rather obvious,

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, and
----> ‘shall not be infringed.’

5 Likes

@RUGER9 everyone has an opinion and I myself believe that everyone’s opinion should and is respected here. Some might make a little joke here and there but, if no one else respects your opinion, I do.

2 Likes

Just a question or 2 brother, so please don’t beat me up on here, I’m sensitive, lol. I know what you are saying but I believe what was stated by #RUGER9 is those which has no criminal background, like my cousin that’s is just hot headed and think he knows everything. He wouldn’t take the time to learn nor practices safe gunmanship because he thinks he know it all but forgets that he is bipolar or just mental?

2 Likes

But if he wanted to carry he could have already got a permit.
I wouldn’t beat up on a fellow Tennessean! :grin:

1 Like

I love that in you brother

2 Likes

Born and raised in south Louisiana, I support the U.S. constitution 100% and every Americans right to carry. My only opinion is if someone chooses to open carry it may help to train a bit on “weapon retention”.

2 Likes