Louisiana Constitutional Carry Passes Final Stage

6 Likes

Hopefully it will pass for the peoples and their rights.

4 Likes

I thought I read that in Louisiana in order to give a gun to a relative you have go through an FFL. Is that true?

4 Likes

@KillJoy is that a federal law that I missed?

2 Likes

Keep up with HB 124 to pass too

3 Likes

That seems like a dangerous bill!

1 Like

I thought it id a state law.

1 Like

Keep the pressure on JBE (John Bel Edwards). Remind him vetoing this bill prevents the poor from being able to protect themselves, especially in crime ridden and under policed areas. A veto of this bill is against the poor.

Edwards’ party has a long and checkered history of denying firearms to certain groups over the past 150+ years. So much so that civil rights groups in the 1960s were able to mail order firearms (pre GCA '68) that the locals refused to sell them.

Remind your friends how this impacts the poor.

2 Likes

Yes. It sure does!

If vetoed I’ll gang up with a few gunright groups and personally sue Edwards and State!

2 Likes

Good luck Cajun country!

3 Likes

We are having the veto session for sure!

Dems are mad cause he vetoed a big bill on there half so its going down in Baton Rouge!

3 Likes

The question is if there are enough votes for a veto. Considering the crime in Louisiana’s urban areas, and criminals have long been carrying concealed firearms, a veto might well be a popular and bipartisan affair.

1 Like

@Nathan83,

Even after the veto session, the bill was rejected. It’s hard to believe that was almost two years ago.

Regardless, I appreciate all our representatives as well as the governor. I might not send love that much towards him but he has been appreciated.

Personally, I might see things from totally wrong view but this seems like something the people should decided. Three times this bill was almost law.

We should let the people decide. But again, I might be looking at this from wrong lens.

Unfortunately this past session there was a motion to put Constitutional Carry on the ballot for the People to vote on in October. So why isn’t it? It never made it out of Committee. And you can blame some so called conservatives for that. Honestly the big obstacle in this is that the Sheriffs Association does not support Constitutional Carry. Neither does state police. What will be interesting is what happens in 2024 with what should be a more conservative legislature and a conservative Governor.

Remember though, Veterans can conceal carry with out a permit or they can apply for the concealed carry permit at no cost except the training.

3 Likes