Liberal Democrat

Then please in your context explain the purpose of ‘due process’

3 Likes

Can you please explain what you mean by ‘gun show loophole’? I have purchased a couple handguns at shows and it was no different than purchasing at a gun shop. I filled out my paperwork(or online form) and wondered the show until it came back from processing and then the purchase was completed. There was absolutely no difference in those transactions and the transactions I had at my local shop. If you are referring to individuals selling to other individuals then that has nothing to do with gun shows. In my state(Missouri) any individual can sell to another unless you are knowing selling to a restricted buyer. The shows I have been to here in town actually have private sales leave the show venue to complete their transaction. Sellers will carry a sign stating what they are trying to sell and if they come to an agreement they have to leave the show to complete the transaction, usually in the parking lot at the sellers vehicle.

3 Likes

A simple handgun with 8 rounds?
You do realize many hand guns come with 15 to 30 round magazines

And why should I have to show a need to use the rights given me in the constitution ( in this line of thought I would have to prove a “need” to speak freely or publish something I believe)
I do not understand why 2A is not given the same respect as the 1A or to put it as others have said “ the 2nd is there to ensure the 1st

Also as far as “need” goes why are there vehicles on the road that can go faster that the speed limit ( excessive speed is a factor in many accidents) should we limit speed also

I also don’t understand how adding laws that weaken our ability to defend ourselves would help anything as criminals by definition don’t obey laws

6 Likes

Good Morning,

Here in Florida there is no background checks at gunshots or between private parties. So if someone walks up to purchase a weapon, you sell them one. If my neighbor wants to buy a gun, I can just sell him one. No background checks, no waiting, he or she is now packing. Are they good people or bad people? I don’t know, but I think that we should be a little more careful. Worst case is that these “bad” people take their weapons to a city with strong gun laws and sell them for a huge profit to the bad guys thereby causing the large body counts in Chicago and elsewhere.

Have a Great Wednesday,

Warren Merkle, USN Ret.

1 Like

That was a closely guarded secret.LOL. Don’t give anymore ammo, he’s writing a brief. I’d like to reclaim my time and express that the clearest right is the RIGHT to bear ARMS, no matter what color, design, or how many rounds are in a particular magazine.
I yield my time back to @Warren11

4 Likes

Then in Florida, you’re the guilty party for selling to someone you felt didn’t qualify for possession of a firearm.

3 Likes

"Here in Florida there is no background checks at gunshots or between private parties. So if someone walks up to purchase a weapon, you sell them one. "
So are you saying that an ffl at a gunshow in florida doesn’t have to run a background check? Or do you mean individuals selling at a gun show don’t have to run a background check to sell? If the second is the case then that is a private party issue and has nothing to do with gun shows. The same law would apply if they met at quik trip, the location is irrelevant, it is just a private seller law.

“Worst case is that these “bad” people take their weapons to a city with strong gun laws and sell them for a huge profit to the bad guys thereby causing the large body counts in Chicago and elsewhere.”
So a criminal is going to do criminal things? That is kinda what criminals do. Me selling a gun to someone I have known for years has nothing to do with me selling to a straw purchaser. People scoff at the comparison but it really is no different than restricting car sales because some people drive drunk, the difference is everyone wants are car and doesn’t want it taken away. Non gun people don’t care if guns are taken away because they don’t want them in the first place.

3 Likes

Stanley,

I do understand that handguns come with the ability to hold multiple rounds of ammo. From a derringer holding two to some semi-autos holding 30 with extended clips. I’m not unfamiliar with the multitude of weapons out there. (If you need 30 rounds to hit your target, you’ve got a problem)

I’m not denying the right to own weapons or guns in general. I am a gun owner. I am a member of USCCA. My issue is with certain types of weapons and the number of rounds a magazine can hold. When you are in combat, you need the ability to lay down covering fire, as a civilian, that deer you’r hunting usually doesn’t require that fire power unless he has four or five grizzles as body guards.

My point again is the shootings like Sandy Hook Elementary and trying to minimize those horrific events.

Regarding your speeding issue, we have the same issue here in Florida, but you usually have to slow down because some moron is riding in the left lane at 10 mile per hour below the speed limit. But I do try to be a safe driver just like a responsible gun owner.

Have a great day,

Warren

I live Florida. Every gun show I have attended has had signs telling us that any gun purchased must be transferred to an FFL for pickup. Every gun I have purchased at a gun shop has come with the requisite paperwork and check. After I received my CWFL, the state check is still conducted.

9 Likes

According to the FBI, in 2018 there were a total of approximately 14,123 homicide victims (Expanded homicide data table 8, murder victims by weapon) only 297 homicides by rifle… High capacity, “assault rifle”, or otherwise. 2,963 type not stated, so some of those could be rifles…6,603 by handgun…

3 Likes

I would like to make a comment on your disagreement with the SCOTUS decision that the 2nd amendment is an individual right. Can you name any other amendment that is a collective right? No, you cant. Point being, why would the founders make only this right a collective right? They didnt. The founders were listing individual rights bestowed upon us by our creator and are not given to us by the good graces of the government to give and take as they see fit. So, the SCOTUS got it right, that the 2nd amendment is an individual right just like every other amendment.

9 Likes

Empirical Data shows you may not be accurate. This photo is straight from the book Countering The Mass Shooter Threat. His rate of fire was no faster than a vintage Henry lever action rifle, even slower than a simple handgun.
You HAVE to do research for the logical answers, I understand everyone has FEELINGS but to gain credibility one has to be accurate with the facts. Please get the book, PM me and I will send you a free copy that my students get.

7 Likes

How do we determine types of weapons have too many rounds as I understand your response you don’t have a problem with pistols having 20+ round mags so does it have to be a rifle before we limit rounds and if so how do we determine that would a pistol caliber AR be exempt or is it any rifle

I don’t understand (respectfully) how anyone can be ok with a relatively easy to conceal weapon holding 20-? rounds but has an issue with a full size hard to conceal weapon with the same amount of (and in some cases the exact same) ammo

As for the minor swipe at my accuracy yes I might need multiple rounds to hit a target or I might be trying to improve engaging multiple targets
And yes there are applications in hunting where larger mags are beneficial namely hog removal ( if you are not aware of the devastation these animals can cause I suggest you look into how the destroy crops and property) Hogs tend to run in groups and are hard to kill so I don’t want to tie the hands of someone trying to defend their property and income with more laws that as shown above have virtually no benefit

2 Likes

One more thought on capacity. I know some people who have switched their EDC’s to high cap double stack 9mm’s simply due to the age we live in. We live in a time where we have riots and large groups of people roaming some city’s streets. We also live in a time where rioters block streets and highway, attack cars and vehicles that unknowingly suddenly find themselves in the middle of a violent protest and riot. Due to the increased chances of finding one’s self in these situations, they are opting to carry a larger gun with a higher capacity. Its not always about accuracy.

6 Likes

There is no point in trying to change a point of view. Both sides are firmly planted, however, I do expect some modicum of knowledge.
It’s a magazine not a clip and it’s a rifle not an assault rifle.
This should be included in the brief, AR-15 is an Armalite Rifle model 15

11 Likes

I carry high capacity mags because the bad guys damn sure have them. Only law-abiding gun owners are hurt by mag restrictions. The bad guys will use them regardless.

The anti-gun people know this. It is all about disarming citizens, nothing more. Everything else is a smoke screen. Don’t trust them for an instant.

8 Likes

Well said sir. You read my mind. Thank you.

1 Like

That leads us down the road to how many words you can use and what words I deem you unfit to use, privately or publicly. Is it fair of me to say that I’m offended by your use of the word “clip” and it should be banned? When all is said and done (which may be sooner rather than later) the 2A no matter what context you put it, gives you the right to speak and live freely. There are some creative examples, China, Venezuela.

4 Likes

The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Nothing at all. It has everything to do with ordinary Citizen Soldiers having the ability to resist and defeat tyranny, should it become necessary.

But again, they know this.

9 Likes

As soon as the “hunting” thing comes up, that should conclude todays history lesson.
Class is dismissed. Until next hunting season.
Meanwhile, back in the year 2020, ANTIFA is on the way 500 strong with bottle rockets, gasoline and bleach. Good hunting. Brush up on the clip reloading skills.

4 Likes