Crazy Bad Idea, but this IS the Left

Joy Behar: Don’t tell Americans before you take their guns

1 Like

I would argue this is the anti-gun, not necessarily the left. Please remember that there area lot of liberal/left people who are pro-2A. Please aim your words as carefully as your firearms. (@Zee, I told you I was going to steal that… :wink: )

8 Likes

Sounds like the new democratic party slogan. Lie to the voter then hose them over. I disagreed with everything about Beto. But he said what he wanted to do and I’ll at least give him some credit for that. Even though it was completely misguided and unconstitutional.

4 Likes

Just a quick question. What right wing TV personality is also calling for suprise gun confiscation?

2 Likes

We should all be thankful to Francis for coming out and campaigning on what the anti-2A goal ultimately is and forcing his party to take a stand one way or the other (seems a majority of the Presidential candidates from the Democrats aligned with the end result, just not with the execution).

Oh, and crazy bad idea is right…

3 Likes

I will remind everyone of the Community Standards. Alienating people because they have liberal views does not help you advance any discussion about being responsibly armed. Liberal and anti-2A are not always one in the same.

There are a number of liberal/democratic people in the Community and they are pro-2A. There are a lot more liberal/democratic people who are on the fence about firearms and carrying.

Name-calling and generalizations will not sway them to be pro-Second Amendment nor will it be tolerated in the USCCA Community. Respectful conversation opens to the door to people with different views and can help build a mutual understanding. We’re all passionate about our rights, please remember to take the high road and be respectful in your conversations.

5 Likes

@45IPAC. Chet Maybe Ms Behar sincerely feels her option is of some celebrity value and people actually on on the edge of their seats in anticipation for more words of wisdom out of her pie hole. On the other hand it’s her Constitutional Right to say foolish words.

2 Likes

Although he’s a “former” TV personality, President Trump last year did suggest removal of guns from Americans without due process (without a hearing) as part of his support for comprehensive gun legislation during his meeting with Ms Boxer et al.

So I’m honestly not sure of President Trump’s real position on “gun control” and whether he’d sign anything that came across his desk.

Doesn’t get bigger than that (since he’s at least figuratively the leader of the Republican party).

4 Likes

Hmm, so, without notice or warning, this person thinks gun confiscation is a good idea? I wonder if she will think the same when the King declares that the 1A is no longer valid either.

I think Ms Behar is totally confused on the process of a bill becoming a law, and the rights recognized in our Constitution.

4 Likes

@JamesR Yes he did James, I think in my opinion he regrets saying that now but the words burn and burrow in deeply.

2 Likes

Yes, Trump has moved his position considerably on various gun related issues. Question is, who do you trust more? Trump or (insert any Democrat candidate’s name).

3 Likes

She absolutely has that right. It saddens me that so many give credence to any that would trample our rights. From sports figures, to talk show personalities, to misguided politicians.

3 Likes

Why doesn’t Bayhar and anyone else who is in favor of taking guns without rights or reason, try being a cop for the day and see how long they stay alive! NOBODY will let their guns be taken away when they are law abiding citizens!!!

3 Likes

Quite honestly I would see the Republican party wrestle control of the Republican leadership away from Trump and Mitch and present an alternative who is “old school” Republican - LIKE BEFORE Newt Gingrich and NOT Richard Nixon or J. Strom Thurmond Sr. I don’t want to see a military coup, but I’d be ready to vote for one of our four stars who has a sound operational J4/J5 past. We need the skills of a Centrist for at least 3 terms working on stabilizing national infrastructure, recovering foreign policy, and once more building inroads in STEM for our economic future.

So far, for what I can see, the Democratic options are feeding cake to the masses.

4 Likes

@Fred_G. I don’t think she has a comprehension of how government works Fred. I talked to this woman Joy Behar once on Twitter when I had Twitter and it seems like to me that in her case empty cans make the most noise (if you understand what I am saying). I believe that without name tagging which I will not do I believe that she is very absorbed by herself and she has no comprehension of how a bill gets to become a law. Everyone this is not a Republican or Democrat issue because I talked to her before President Trump, this was in about the first year of President Obama’s second term. She seems to love to talk about herself and not want to listen to anything logical and thought driven and not driven by emotions. We talked about Chicago to be honest because I know Chicago and I wanted to explain to her about the gangs but she doesn’t listen only wanted to filibuster and I was just not letting her get away with it.

4 Likes

Robert I agree with everything you said except the Democrat/Republican thing. We are sticking our heads in the sand if we pretend that one of the major political parties in America aren’t hell bent on destroying the entire Constutution. They only want power and are willing to destroy America to get it. I understand trying to be nice to everyone and I respect the Democrats who are 2A supporters. But this thread is under the Legal/Political heading so, you cannot remove politics from the conversation.

4 Likes

@Michael7 Michael I’m really sorry, apparently I wasn’t clear enough. I was trying to relate to the conversation about my conversation with Joy Behar. Our conversation was apolitical not political. The thing her and I talked about was Gangs and Gang violence in Chicago because I know a lot about the different Gang Nations where their turf starts and ends to a large extent Sir; My sincere apologies.

1 Like

Fair point. I’m just saying, on any given day there are a dozen or so on the “Right” side of the aisle that are on the wrong side of the 2A issue.

2 Likes

Roger/Amen all of that brother!

2 Likes

No apology needed. You always make good points and I enjoy reading your posts.

3 Likes