Liberal, black , Christian democrat gun owner here to say hi

Just showing how disjointed the laws can be…

1 Like

Well, some liberals think wanting to own a gun is a mental disorder, and some conservatives think liberalism is a mental disorder. :smiley:

I do believe once someone has served all their time, parole, restitution and all, there should be a path to get their rights back. Or maybe they should not be allowed to leave prison. I wish we could do more to rehabilitate people in prison.

3 Likes

Welcome BigJ

Well call me optometric , I don’t have that bleak of a view of the USA future no matter who in charge. I do try and reason with the more far left people on the ideal of compromise and understanding that that politics is a rubber band effect if you stretch it far one way it will snap back the same distance the other way. And I think we need to shorten the stretch of the political rubber and sort to speak.

4 Likes

Liberalism

A 19th-century Protestant movement that favored free intellectual inquiry, stressed the ethical and humanitarian content of Christianity, and de-emphasized dogmatic theology.

• Woodrow Wilson (1913 - 1921)
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933 - 1945)
  • Harry S. Truman (1945 - 1953)
  • John F. Kennedy (1961 - 1963)
  • Jimmy Carter (1977 - 1981)

So, being a demarcate is not the bad thing or a liberal. It is the those that stray towards the extremes that cause most the problems, Extremists. I will have to say that I am a liberal conservative.

9 Likes

Hey @BigJ
Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading your posts. If you’re ever in the Texas Hill Country or live close by, be sure to stop by for some great BBQ and shooting/hunting at our Three Stand Ranch facility! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to help if you need it.

Welcome aboard…Liberals are welcome Leftist not so much!!!

3 Likes

Looking to get a rifle when the price go back to normal. I’ll stop I’m starting to ramble.
Define normal :grin:
Long range rifle or huge hole shorter range or both 50bmg😁?

I was going to get the Springfield St. Victor but instead went with my own build. Heard of jamming issues with the St. Victor. Not sure how widespread. A recent YouTube review…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohun_HtVz-Y

I guess there are always a few lemons out there, from almost any manufacturer. Not picking on SA.
And good luck finding the right AR.

Hope you can still legally keep it in 2021. Oops. Was that too political? :smirk:

2 Likes

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

If you support the right to bear arms, you’re in the right please. If you’re are a responsible firearms owner, you’re in the right place. If you’re open minded and respectful of others beliefs and experiences, you’re in the right place. We live in a country where one can vote for the person of their choice and practice the religion of their choice.

Welcome to the community @BigJ

8 Likes

Very well stated and I think most would agree.

Will do got family that live in Texas and your not American if you don’t like bbq

8 Likes

Welcome aboard.

Welcome! Interested to see your thoughts. I have nothing really to say about your self-description. Doesn’t matter here. As long as you don’t support evil. I’m Catholic, the first Christians. I’m a convert. Used to be Democrat when Carter competed against Reagan. After Reagan won I joined the Atmy and quickly became very conservative. I have liberal ideas but am realistic about how things really work.

What’s the problem trying to join the National Guard?

1 Like

Well used to be 360 down to 250 just starting talking to a recruiter so going through the steps, still have more weight to lose of course

Welcome, Big J.
Good luck with getting a rifle. You’re walking a tightrope between supply and demand and what is likely to be a political shift away from semiautomatic sporting rifles. The question is, will rifle supply be back before they are attacked by the president?
You might be a little late to the party unless you act soon. I was in the same place right before the assault weapon ban, and very much regret not buying a rifle then. It taught me several valuable lessons. First, don’t hesitate if there is talk of bans. The guns only get more valuable. Second, while the left and the right can argue about who has a better platform, I take Mr. Biden at his word. He will likely try to limit our 2A rights.
Guns are worth liking–I share your passion for them.
The other advice I would give you is practice, practice, practice.

And Danny, what you posted as facts–those aren’t facts. Those are opinions, and while I might agree, I’ll tell you that opinions are like shoes–most people have them and they don’t need to be aired publicly. Please for the sake of the forum, stick with GUNS.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @BigJ
I hope you enjoy it. Glad to have you.

Welcome!

There aren’t many open Democrats here, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want you here. Glad to have you aboard! We may argue from time to time, but that’s not a deal-killer for me…

2 Likes

Look up David Goggins. He was in the same boat. He was flat out rejected a couple of times, but finally a recruiter took a chance on him. He ended up being a Tactical Air Controller, a Navy SEAL, and an Army Ranger. Now he just does crazy stuff because he’s too fit to stand still.

1 Like