Let's see your new gun!

@Raymond :heart_eyes: ooooooo :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So we were thinking that at not quite 6 it’s a bit too early to get the great grandbaby her first gun. But one of the other vendors at the farmer’s market where my granddaughter is selling her (yes, gun-themed) custom tshirts decided we were slacking and gave her one.
The great grandbaby has her first gun.
20190517_180614

13 Likes

My travel suitcase! !

14 Likes

Beautiful weapon.

3 Likes

@Raymond, Just don’t travel through New Jersey like that. Loaded clips is a No-No is our state and some others too. Looks like a neat travel case though.

3 Likes

I really enjoy shooting the 19X. I personally think it’s the most accurate Glock I’ve ever shot.

3 Likes

I have a lot of Glocks and some S&W and a mixture of other handguns, but my hands down favorite for shooting and my everyday carry is my Walther PPX

4 Likes

A question: Do you find that modern firearms are not accurate, or do you mean that you shoot them better? For me, Glocks and 1911 feel terrible in my hands, so I shoot them poorly, but Beretta and Walther show up like they were made for me.

3 Likes

I’m weird in a way, I guess. I’m decent, and I stress decent, with just about anything I pick up. There are two guns that make me look amazing though, a CZ-75 and a West German P226. At times I’ll shoot several different types of handguns in a range session, but I always finish with my carry. Right now, that’s a Glock 19. I’ll be the first to admit that Glocks are strange for their grip angle, but I think with practice anyone can shoot anything well.

4 Likes

I haven’t shot a PPX, I do like the PPQ and if it’s anything like it I understand. I’m not a brand fanatic, I like them all!

2 Likes

I’d rewrite that as “Glocks are perfect for their grip angle” :wink:
I can pick up anything in Glocks inventory and it’s easy for me to be accurate, right from the first shot… the angle fits my hand perfectly and the sights are just where I expect them to be.

4 Likes

LOL! I’ll be the first to admit, I really hate Glocks 20 some years ago. I cut my teeth on Berettas, SIGs, 1911s and revolvers. I had no choice in what I carried, I was “stuck with a Glock”. I could shoot it, but I “didn’t like it”. I belt ached and complained constantly. I never really practiced with it and hardly took it to the range. Later on, I saw them for what they are, a good reliable tool. I practiced with them and added them to my range day rotations. Now, I can shoot just about anything I pick up after a few practice draws and looking down the sights. It’s mind over matter, but I still end with my carry each session.

2 Likes

The trigger drag and follow through on my Walther is absolutely second to none. I am currently looking to buy a Walther PPQ Match 5 and the Walther Creed. Love them as much as my Glocks if not more.

3 Likes

I just bought a magazine extender for my G43 to increase the length of the grip a bit. Plus 2 mire rounds can never be a bad thing.

3 Likes

Cool. Did you use the link for Strike Industries? I think it is the best extender I found yet. Good luck with it. I haven’t got to range with my new configuration yet. Maybe next week.

1 Like

Yes sir I did.

2 Likes

Yesterday got a Colt King Cobra 357 mag- 3" barrel, 6 RND and will take it to the range tomorrow morning for the first time! The trigger pull, feel and weight of the gun = exquisite!

King%20Cobra%20Colt

19 Likes

Very nice! I can’t wait to hear the range report.

3 Likes

45IPAC, When people refer to a revolver shooting that is buttery, I had no idea what that meant. But today at the range, 7 boxes of 130 grain 38’s later, I understand the term. The pull of the trigger, discharge and recoil were so smooth. I have S&W 627, 640 and Model 19-9, and each are very enjoyable to shoot. But the Colt truly stands out. The only problem I had with it was that the ejector rod was stiff. I think with a drop of oil it will be fine.

I am a tad leery of gun manufacturer hype because guns are so subjective. It is one thing to appreciate the look and feel of a gun but its an entirely different thing to fire it. In this case, the Colt did not disappoint!!

6 Likes

Glad to hear that. The new King Cobra is on the short list at my house. My wife has a hard time with the slide on a semiauto (fibromyalgia) and, she prefers revolvers.

2 Likes