Let's see your new gun!

Have you considered the M&P 380 EZ for your wife’s hands. It has the easiest slide in the industry and is a great weapon. I tested one out at the range a couple of days ago and it was a very nice shooting weapon.

4 Likes

Haven’t shot one myself but I’ve heard that from Several different women instructors now.

3 Likes

My wife broke a bone in her hand a couple of years ago and now has the onset of arthritis in her dominant hand. It is the ONLY slide she has ever been able to pull back since her hand broke. She loves it and is shooting again.

3 Likes

There is an article in American Rifleman ( May 2019 edition) concerning the American Rifleman’s Ladies Pistol project where 68 women evaluated 26 different handguns and the overall pick with the highest score was the M&P 380 EZ edging out the Glock 19 Gen5. Very interesting article.

3 Likes

I’ll have to go find that article!

1 Like

Yes. The biggest factor is, I took her to a gun show and had her handle anything and everything that would make a good, small ccw piece. She kept gravitating to JFrame sized revolvers. LCR, SP101, 642, and so on. When she is comfortable with the idea of her carrying a piece, we’ll hit the gun store, and a local rental range so she can pick out what she likes.

2 Likes

20190520_135514

8 Likes

Ooo… @Gio that looks sweet! How does it shoot?
And welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Hmmm, Shield with the factory laser, and a Hyve mag extension. Nice choice.

3 Likes

I really like the grip of the m&p shield 2.0 an it shoots really well an no problems with an type of ammo.

2 Likes

Thanks you

1 Like

It shoots amazingly accurate @Zee, I have the Performance Center type (Ported Barrel S&W M&P Shield 9mm Performance Center) and I’m extremely happy with the low recoiling, almost none.
First time using it, shot 8 rounds into 4 inch target in less than 5 seconds at 7 yards, the grouping was 3 inches. Love it.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty nice out-of-the-box performance!

2 Likes

image Winchester SXP

12 Likes

My new range time fun

IMG_20190528_074155893

12 Likes

I’ll have to see if I can find that too, @Raymond. Did they say the age and experience range of the women?

The M&P 380 EZ is a nice gun for those who have weaker hand strength. I’m surprised it’s the highest scoring for a pistol thought. :thinking:

2 Likes

The article says they had a wide range of experience, age, and background of weapon familiarity

2 Likes

LOVE my p238!

3 Likes

My M&P 380EZ was my first gun. Incredibly easy to rack and fits great in an average woman’s hand. I can shoot the other three guns we have at the range, then when tired revert to this one and shoot more accurately than any of the others did. Totally recommend this gun. I decided it was to big for an EDC and purchased a p238.

5 Likes

So this is not new per say, but this is the only gun I’ve ever owned. While I’ve shot many many guns over the years, I did not own one till about 1.5yrs ago. I purchased this one specifically so I could carry. I’m a musician and photographer, I have enough expensive hobbies…lol

Really though, my philosophy is be the best shot with your carry gun. Would I like to own a few more…yeah, eventually maybe. but when I train, it’s always the same gun.

A Gen4 G26, with a few upgrades

20190303_193355 20190303_193408

5 Likes