Let's see your new gun!

@NJStraightShooter I gotta say those words cause me a physical pain… sick in the way you feel it when something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.
SO much wrong about having to do that. :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
AAAAaaaanyway… glad you’re going shopping :slight_smile: enjoy that!!!

8 Likes

@Zee, about pain if you’re referring to the process of getting a purchase permit, Yeah, Jersey sucks… in more ways than one. However, I do know some of the officers in our town and they know me well so they check my references (one is a Sergeant on the force in town) and I’m good to go.

It is ridiculous though (the process):

1. You have to apply for a Firearms ID Card and they do a background check on you with fingerprints.
  2. You have to apply for a Purchase Permit and they do a background check on you.
  3. You get to the dealer at the gun shop and he runs a NIC check on you.

How many background checks do they have to do to make sure you are on the up and up?

Then, whenever I apply for a carry permit anywhere, that jurisdiction runs a background check on the applicant.

Maybe we should just tattoo our background checks on us to save them the time. At least I know mine wouldn’t change any.

Oh and yes, I will enjoy the buying part, once my NIC goes through!

4 Likes

@NJStraightShooter yeah the process is irritatingly redundant and invasive, not to mention a waste of resources, both your personal time and money, and the government time and money. (oh, wait… that’s actually your money.)
The visceral reaction is really more about how horribly wrong this has gone relative to how things should be.
The hubris in The Government GRANTING you a TEMPORARY PERMIT to do something you already have a God-given and Constitutionally Protected Right to do… OMG. How do they have any business doing that? How are they are entitled to grant us permission to something that already belongs to us? These rights reside with us, not the government. When they presume to grant to us what is naturally and rightfully ours, things are very badly upside down.
Some things feel so entirely wrong and broken that my gut says “how do we ever fix that?” It’s like watching a car wreck… you can see it coming, you can’t stop it, and you know it’s going to be bad.
It’s a thing I don’t know how to fix.

7 Likes

@Dennis, my new 2.0 doesn’t have the thumb safety but my shield does. When my EDC was the shield I only used the safety when I put it on my nightstand for the night. Other than that it just pissed me of because I was constantly worried about it being on. Quite frankly I’ve never had much use for manual safeties anyway. The reason I changed from the shield to the standard size was because getting a mag to drop freely without it getting hung up on a pinky finger was next to impossible. Now that I’m starting IDPA that problem would be totally unacceptable. The fact that my M&P 2.0 has no manual safeties is just a happy accident, for me.

4 Likes

@Zee, Oh I agree with you while I am feeling the pain of the NJ Government. :frowning_face: I can only dream right now of living in a state where if I want to buy a gun I just wake up and go to the gun store, pick out the one I want and buy it.

And talking about money, If Governor Murphy gets his way in NJ Firearms Permit Prices will go UP (and I mean UP, UP, UP). Just to get a taste of what we might have in store, read this link to the Price Increases:

“Oh, Give Me A Home, Where The Buffalo Roam…” Oh Darn, there I go breaking out in a song again! :wink:

5 Likes

And this is one of the things I like about Michigan. In some FFLs I show them my Concealed Pistol License and the paperwork gets skipped. Now not all of them will do this, but it is legal to do so. So far there are only two places I know of that are good with it, and I’m happy to frequent their businesses. I’m sure there are a bunch more, I’m just not willing to drive all over the state looking.
My reaction is pretty similar to @Zee, feels like getting kicked in the junk. (Also I’m thinking it’s going to get worse, just saw on the news the DNC is putting 21 antigun candidates up for 2020, a bunch who will be running independently)

4 Likes

20190412_131219

Uberti Cattleman Single Action Revolver - used, but given to me as a gift.

24 Likes

.357 mag, or .45 Colt? Either way, she’s a beauty.

3 Likes

44-40 Caliber, which I had never heard of before.

5 Likes

@NJStraightShooter Gah! There you go, yet another example of when things go wrong, the government rushes right out to punish the uninvolved . :angry:

2 Likes

It’s a pretty neat round. 44 caliber bullet over 40 grains of black powder. In its original form, it would push a 200 grain bullet over 1200 FPS.

4 Likes

58419738_10216376368514187_899488047249227776_n

Nice muzzle/cylinder flash as well.

13 Likes

I really should not be allowed to go to the gun show without a chaperone.

So Saturday morning when I was driving home there on the side of the road was that gun show sign. Just thought I’d stop in and see if there is anything worth seeing before I suggested we go on Sunday. :thinking: This lovely black and OD Canik was just sitting there. I swear it grabbed me by the eyeballs.
Me: No I really can’t do anything without talking to my husband first.
Sellers: (looking at each other) That’s not the way this works you know. The husband comes in here and says “I can’t buy without talking to the wife because she’s the financial decision maker.” You’re the wife, you can decide.
Me: Yeah but we really need to fix some things on the tractor. And I need to talk to my husband about that first.
Sellers: Well I’m an Ag Teacher and right now it’s too wet in the pastures to take the tractor out there anyway.
Me: OK you’re right. Sell me the Canik.
Sellers: Besides no husband is ever mad when his wife buys a new gun.
Husband: (when I get home) Awesome whadja get?
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Canic TP9 SFx
20190501_201123
20190501_193315
20190501_201102
20190501_201153

28 Likes

I really like the looks of that! I’ve got a a lot of learning to do on some of the guns available out there.

2 Likes

I live in NY, our gun laws suck. But I tried to be as smart as possible. I go down to the town clerk, tell them I’m going to purchase a handgun. Pay them $5 for a “ticket”. Then I have a month to buy one. No 10 day waiting. I m hoping when idiot in Albany gets his way and makes it 30 days I’ll be protected. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Okay, My gun buying ordeal just ended with me bringing home my NEW Glock G43!

The only thing that I want to change on it and why: The gun comes with Ameriglow Sights only on the front sight and the back sight is just black. I am going to buy the Trijicon Night Sights from Glock that I put on my other Glocks but I will only put the back set on, so that way the front sight is Orange Ameriglow and the back sights are White Trijicon. During the day it will be lining up the Orange sight in the middle of the Two White Sights and at night they all glow green. Otherwise I am happy with it. I did not shoot it yet as Sherry is still not feeling well from her biopsy so went straight home and I will head up soon to get some range time in.

fullsizeoutput_a23 fullsizeoutput_a22

13 Likes

@NJStraightShooter YAY!! That is a Beautiful Thing! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh, and I plan on extending the clip to make it an 8 shot clip. Not too long to be concealable but to make the handle long enough for my Bear Paws to grip it better.

2 Likes

My newest!

17 Likes

20190311_080806
GLOCK 19 GEN 5 with Glock night sights!

9 Likes