Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

Yes I do. :thinking: :face_with_monocle: :sunglasses:

I’m a heretic

1 Like

I’m a blasphemer

1 Like

RIA, range fun gun

5 Likes

New grips for Taurus 1911 made in USA

14 Likes

Nice Lone Star grips! Glad your post brought this thread up on “suggested topics”. I had not seen it before and had to go back to the beginning!

I’m old school and love 1911’s going back to active duty days. I agree with Hickok45 a beautiful piece of weaponry.

I love my Para with Rock Island grips and am not jealous about the hi-end models.

1 Like

Great grip panels !

What the heck has happened with this slide stop? :scream:

2 Likes

Pretty sure I posted this pic somewhere, apologies if duplicating in this thread.

This is my EDC RIA military grade w/replacement grips. Also swapped in a titanium firing pin + heavy duty FP spring to reduce lock time… It’s shooting well with only approx. 120 rds thru it. At $465, I reeeeally like it :smile:

Ya all take care,

6 Likes

Rock Island is a great pistol for a great price!!

1 Like

Sweeet. love the etching.

2 Likes

Very, Very sweet 1911!!

1 Like

Thanks @RUGER9.
I had it out yesterday, and my eyes were wandering over to its shoulder rig lol. Tempting.
I’ve been carrying this instead (without the light).

I have 21 round magazines too that are not much longer than the flush 17 round in the pic. It’s nice.
This is the first handgun I’ve used optics on.
Sig Sauer P320 RXP w/Romeo 1 Pro which came on the piece.

6 Likes

Thanks.
It’s my only firearm with Cerakote, just gave it a try and cost me $65.

1 Like

I bouget some rubber finger grips for my Taurus 1911 & I love them. $9.98 on Amazon. They attach under the grip panels and are very secure. They don’t look so great on my steel 1811s so I guess I’ll have to buy 2 more black one3s. Can’t waste those finger grooves, ya know?

6 Likes

I was watching Sniper: Reloaded when this one caught my eye, “a modified Colt M1911”

5 Likes

Thx ya all!

1 Like

no love for the .38 super… I see… so sad… guess everyone over looks em???

is like a 9 on steroids… milder recoil then .45… very accurate!

Talkin up to 357 mag specs in a 1911…

P.S. Rock Island makes one… price is pretty good too…

and they sell the ammo for em as well…

just sayin…

3 Likes

Staccato C2 and P. My favorite handguns to date:
13565289_02_staccato_p_dpo_640

8 Likes

Okay 1911 friends, I’m looking at a Collt Gold Cup Trophy in a friend’s shop. It’s bright stainless, .45ACP, and only been fired 25 rounds.
It’s clean as a whistle in original box etc, and he’s asking $1,500.
My questions:
I’ve only seen these with fiber optic front sights. This one has a plain dove tailed one.
This one has wrap around rubber grip with the Colt medallion. I haven’t seen this either, only the blue grip panels. This one doesn’t have the mag well either.
It’s not marked on the slide, but I see that it’s a series 80.
I like the piece. It has as nice a trigger as my 1966 Gold Cup National Match. I’m not usually wild about series 80, but this one handles great and looks great too.
Can someone give any info on my concerns here?

I’m no expert, but sounds like a deal! IMO.My friend had one that sounds similar to what you are saying. It was from the late 80’s early 90’s, which would have had the dovetailed sights.

2 Likes