LEOs retired

I’m also a retired LEO with 46 years and HR218. I carry the max here. Already made contact with one of the attorney’s listed (also a former co-worker) so he is aware that I may need to contact him (hopefully never, except for coffee or lunch).
If you can carry. You really need to carry, especially the way things are now. The yearly HR218 qual sucks but keeps you proficient.

Remember HR218 was put into place for us for a reason.

Take care, brother !

6 Likes

I am interested in any thoughts regarding the HR218. I recently retired and received a retirement badge & ID stating “retired” from my department. They signed over my duty weapon as personal property to me as is city policy.
My main question is that since my state (IN) does not require a CC permit for citizen carry anymore, I’m thinking that the extra effort to maintain HR218 status (annual qualification etc.) may present additional and unnecessary exposure to me after the fact if [God forbid] I were to be involved in a self defense incident. Not having HR218 status means I am not “required” to qualify annually. Other than getting to shoot free and see all my old buddies at the range, I don’t see that it offers any added liability protection but instead may create more fodder for those litigious hounds out there to pick apart and use against me later. *Kinda like social media posts that come back to bite one in the butt later. Now please don’t misunderstand me here, I will continue to train and I love going to the range and all, however to apply for HR218 status when I am not even required to have a CC permit, why would I take on the extra effort to get HR218 status? It seems that being just an ordinary carry citizen creates less expectation/liability than being a retired LEO. I really would like some serious input and thoughts on this while I make up my mind on how to proceed. Thank you in advance for input.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Randy157

2 Likes

@Matt87
VA is not a constitutional carry state, so I need my CCW. It is worth it to me to have the HR218 and qualify once a year just so I can carry in all 50 states. I also have my retired agencies ID card, which is stamped retired. There are some limitations concerning the amount of ammunition you can load in your firearm but that’s OK as long as I can carry.

3 Likes

Randy!
Welcome to the fold Brother!
Thank you for your service!
(46) years! Damn your old! (Jus’ kiddin’ Brother!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Super LEO! Ret. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

We forgive you. Some pots need to be stirred so nothing sticks to the bottom.

3 Likes

I forgive you. Sometimes a s@#t storm is what we need. As long as it’s only verbal . Keeping your thoughts to yourself will do no one any good. Welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service :us: @Randy157

4 Likes

@Randy157 Welcome to the community, and it’s always good to have some great input from experienced LEOs.

2 Likes

Hi guys.
Johnny had it right. You gain the ability to carry in all 50 states. Thats important to me since I started a small llc transport business where I need to travel to Indiana on a regular basis.
Your agency should have that procedure in place. Yearly qual and an ID showing HR218 qualification. If you never leave Indiana then I wouldn’t worry about it, BUT it is nice to see some old friends on range day.
As for being old…My mind still feels young !!! Haha

Stay safe guys and hope we never have to use this benefit !!

4 Likes

First,
Sincere thanks for the many years of government service.
Second,
Welcome to the USCCA. Glad to have you onboard.
DC

4 Likes

Randy157. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY BROTHER. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR I AM Bobby Jean . :heart::white_heart::blue_heart::us::us::us::100::100::100::bangbang::popcorn::beer::beer::popcorn:

2 Likes

Randy154. SAY WHAT YOU WANT WE ARE FAMILY WELCOME BROTHER. HAVE A ROOT BEER SIR :beer::popcorn::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::dizzy::zap::zap::sparkles::bangbang:

2 Likes

Matt87. HAVE YOU GAVE ANY .THOUGHT OF BECOMING AN USCCA. INSTRUTOR . AN THEN YOU COULD HELP PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE TRAINED TO EVEN BE SAFE WITH A FIREARM I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY AFTER YOU HAVE SEVERED . AND PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE AND AFTER BEING LAW ENFORCEMENT . Still is not enough THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN OF LAW ENFORCEMENT !! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE TRUSTED YOU ALL WITH YOUR LIFE PROTECTING THE COMMUNITY !!! And. NOW EVERY THING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROU YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN . SIR THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR JOHNNY 60.SIR CAN . HELP YOU FIGURE OUT THE BEST PATH HE. IS AN INCREDIBLE TRAINER FOR THE USCCA HE IS . A GREAT PERSON FOR ADVICE SIR . Love Bobby Jean Thank you for your service sir LOVE Bobby Jean SIR :us::chile::100:

2 Likes

And Root beer and Practice Thanks for being here we all are FAMILY SIR WE HAVE SOME TRUE HEROES RIGHT HERE AT THE USCCA. SIR WE ARE ALL FAMILY AND TROLLS GET . Bent back to their tic-tac-toe place welcome pass the ammunition I have the root beer sir :heart::white_heart::blue_heart::us::us::us::100::100::100::beer::beer::beer::popcorn::popcorn::bangbang:SIR

1 Like

Robert 1246. I am thankful for forgiveness I have been one of the most stupid members of the community USCCA and I thank GOD THAT MY FAMILY HERE AND MY BROTHERS HAVE HELPED ME BECAUSE I THINK AND SAY STUPID STUFF BUT I DONT MEAN TO I JUST TALK WHEN I SHOULD HAVE SHUT UP AND I PUT MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH SO MUCH I HAVE TO TALK AROUND MY DAM BOOT BUT MY HART IS TRULY NOT HAVE ANY HATE IN IT MY MOUTH ALWAYS HAS MY FOOT IN IT. WE ARE FAMILY AND WE PLAY RUFF BUT WE ARE TUFF WE ARE AMERICANS LOVE Bobby Jean I LOVE YA ALL THANK YOU ALL MY FAMILY HERE YOU DON JOHNNY MIKE ROLAND SO MUCH I CAN NOT EVER SPELL THEM ALL THERE NAMES FAMILY AND ME FRIENDS TRULY K. ROOT BEER K :beer::beer::us::chile::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::popcorn::beer::owl::feather::feather::dizzy::zap::zap::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

If we were as smart as the people that don’t say stupid stuff, we wouldn’t say stupid stuff either.
As soon as you’re born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
'Til the pain is so big you feel nothing at all

A working class hero is something to be

They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
They hate you if you’re clever and they despise a fool
'Til you’re so f#cking crazy you can’t follow their rules

When they’ve tortured and scared you for 20 odd years
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can’t really function, you’re so full of fear

Keep you doped with religion, and sex, and T.V.
And you think you’re so clever and classless and free
But you’re still f#cking peasants as far as I can see

There’s room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill
If you want to be like the folks on the hill

If you want to be a hero well just follow me
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
John Lennon

2 Likes

Robert Brother I love you but dam I WENT TO WORK AT 13 years old and have graduated grade 5 and. I HAVE WORKED I PAID TAXES SENCE I HAVE BEEN 14 and I have worked all my life. I DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL I DO NOT DO DRUGS I DO NOT TAKE MENTAL MEDS. I FEN HURT I TAKE ALEAVE. FOR MY PAIN AND I LOVE PEOPLE Debbie ann was a democrat when I met her and she still is brother AND I THINK OUTHER THAN MY GOVERNOR GREG ABOT EVERY ONE IN THE GOVERNMENT HAS CRAPED ON THE AMERICAN :us: PEOPLE EVEN REPUBLICANS LET THIS HAPPEN TO OUR COUNTRY I CARE ABOUT EVERY ONE OUR CHILDREN COME FIRST NOT FORIENERS AND THER CHILDREN BUT THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. WE MUST SHUT THE BORDER OR WE HAVE LOST OUR COUNTRY. LETS TAKE MÉXICO AWAY FROM THE MEXICANS AND CALL MÉXICO THE STATE AMERICA AND TAKE THEIR COUNTRY AND INVADE MÉXICO THAT IS THE ANSWER. FOR AMERICA TO INVADE MÉXICO AND TAKE THEIR COUNTRY AN MAKE IT A STATE OF AMERICA :us: THAT IS MY VOTE FOR TODAY. LETS STEAL MÉXICO RIGHT NOW AND MAKE THEM PART OF AMERICA :us: FOR ALL THIS INVASION. LOVE BOBBY JEAN SIR LETS TAKE MÉXICO AWAY FROM THE MESKENS. :100::100::100::chile::bangbang::bangbang::owl::feather::feather::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

2 Likes

That could almost be a new album for Taylor Swift. :grinning:

3 Likes

Sorry, John Lennon

3 Likes