Knives, let's see them

I go to a 3rd weekend of the month trade day at a nearby State Park.

My passion in knife collecting is Damascus Steel. I don’t care if it’s the latest tech or the best surgical steel/bronze/copper/ titanium. What I collect is the aesthetic of the knife. If it’s a knife I would carry, I usually will go ahead and get a custom sheath with a pocket that I can add a Ferro Rod, Whetstone, Tiny Compass, and some Paracord.

My handy dandy Karambits.

Random knives

15 Likes

Go where? To Knives?:grinning:

3 Likes

Trying to post to many pics. So I am going to do a couple of pictures on each post.

4 Likes

IMG_0313

11 Likes

Newest edition to EDC

9 Likes

Very nice!!!

4 Likes

Thank you🤣

4 Likes

Custom Titanium

Custom Damascus

6 Likes

I’m not a collector of knives but here’s my EDC knife.

6 Likes

I LOVE knives and other edged weapons/tools and have been collecting for years. Some of my latest acquisitions are from local NC makers.

I’m particularly fond of these Winkler blades. He became famous for the knives and tomahawks he made for The Last of the Mohicans, and lately for the fighting Tomahawks in Terminal list. Most of his production goes to Military SF folks and his blades are TOUGH!

This one is from a maker that used to work with Winkler and you can see his influence on this beast of a knife.

I only collect knives that I will use for SD, outdoor or daily carry. Just like my guns, no safe queens.

7 Likes

I don’t carry a SD knife but this one sits on my night stand.

I need to dust that thing off :confounded:

6 Likes

That flashlight looks like a type I have. Bought an inexpensive 4 pack and have them strewn about the house. Have others of course but in a pinch even a cheapy can work.

5 Likes

I like to take old rusty knives and refurbish them to be useful again. Both were rusty and missing parts of the handles, I used epoxy and sawdust to repair the wood. The top one I found at a garage sale and the bottom one I found sticking in an old fence post in the woods
These are called “garden knives” and have a rounded tip for digging and chopping but I like pointy things so… :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

These are sitting on my nightstand at any given point, but I tend to rotate knives a lot.

I’m also REALLY fond of old classic style folders for everyday and field carry, this is a 6" closed folder in an mid 1860 style. The gun is my custom light barrel S&W .44 Mag that I had built for myself out of a S&W Model 27 frame and a S&W Model 24 barrel and a model 29-1 cylinder. Call it a triple lock on steroids. The holster is a hand carved El Paso Saddlery.

I also like “interesting” knives. This is one of my latest acquisitions. This thing is literally like not carrying a knife at all and yet it’s incredibly handy and usable.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Yea, I don’t even know where that thing came from but so far every time I press the button it comes on…

2 Likes

Buck 184

9 Likes

THAT is a beast of a knife. I bought mine in the 1980s IIRC and after many outdoors adventures I gifted it to my son about 10 years ago and it’s still one of his favorite knives. I can’t believe how collectible those have become. I’m seeing prices in the $400-$600 range last I checked and at that price point it’s still worth every penny! Do you still have the “spikes”?

Nice one!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!
Yes, I have the spikes and integral sharpening stone, no compass though.

2 Likes

Showing the case-mounted sharpening stone, grappeling spikes (useless!), and foil wrapped matches and cotton. Ruger SR40c for shits and giggles.

4 Likes