What's your EDC knife?

What’s everyones favorite knife they carry everyday? I have a Kershaw Launch 1 switchblade that I carry everyday. If I’m in the woods I have a fixed blade that I made.

I also am looking at getting a Protech Brend eventually, but its 200 some odd dollars, and I want to get an AR15 before another knife. Does anyone carry a Protech? I’d like to know your opinion on them.

2 Likes

I carry a Benchmade Mini - Griptilian.

2 Likes

That’s a nice knife!

After 911 I lost(hid on streets, gave them up, etc) too many knives due to paranoid government offices. I worked for local government and frequented other government sites. I stopped carrying them. But I’m thinking about getting a new knife now that the paranoia seems to be subsiding.

Well if your state allows it, I would look into an auto pocket knife.

2 Likes

I carry a Microtech automatic knife and a CRKT Neck knife.

1 Like

Yeah, I like it and it serves my needs. There are cities and towns here with ordinances limiting blade length, my city being one of them, so I didn’t want to push my luck and got the Mini. Oddly enough, I can carry a firearm concealed, but I’m limited to 2 1/2 inches in blade length. I don’t even know if they make such a knife!

2 Likes

Is the microtech an otf?

There are some autos with CA blade limits. Idk if where you’re at allows them ir not. I personally think autos are safer to open than other knives, and more useful because you can do it easily with one hand.

1 Like

Michigan just changed the law regarding automatic knives, as long as it only has one sharpened edge. I don’t understand that one. It’s kind of funny, local jurisdictions have their own restrictions about length. There isn’t a statewide standard.

Reading the MA law is like reading their gun laws; you finish mentally drained wondering what the hell you just read. Double edged, dirk, dagger, automatic blah blah blah.

2 Likes

Wisconsin is the same way with old terminology; dirks, daggers, slap jacks, billy club… What are we getting into a street rumble in the Bowery in NYC in the 1860s?

1 Like

SOG Trident Elite and Leatherman Juice S2.
The SOG I Never, ever, ever leave home without it. For that matter- I wear it to bed too.
I even carried it in on a 10 day trip through Shanghai China. Went in my checked baggage next to my shaving gear.

1 Like

I carry a Coast folder and a SOG Seal Pup. Gotta love Tennessee, we can have switchblades and butterflies on our person and no blade length restriction.

2 Likes

Wisconsin is nice for knife laws too!

2 Likes

I’m at the Range today and look to purchase a new knife :slight_smile: There are so many choices!

3 Likes

@Dawn you’re at the range? Well then, :wave: 'llo! This is me waving from my side of the road! Haha! :rofl:
pick out a knife yet?

2 Likes

Take pics of what you like, then go find it somewhere for 20 bucks cheaper, haha.

I love looking at the prices of ammo at the range, then looking it up where I buy mine to see the difference. It’s generally 4 dollars more per box than what I pay. I also realize not all ranges may operate that way, but the public ones around here do.

1 Like

Usually it’s either a Snake Eye that I picked up at the local gun store. It holds a decent edge, has yet to have any loose screws or rattles, and hasn’t shown any undo wear even those it has lived a hard life. My other choice, if out work is the order of the day, is a Buck 450T. Typical Buck quality, with a partially serrated blade. I have been looking at Rugers line of knives. They are made by CKRT, and are very affordable.

1 Like

Get a benchmade auto!