What's your EDC knife?

Does anyone ever research the knife steel before they buy? There are whole publications about the steels in very easy to understand formats. Once you start researching steels you get a real eye opener.

3 Likes

I was there yesterday - it was very busy!

1 Like

Ammo is always less expensive when you don’t need it right then, right @Kerryman71? You’re paying for convenience. Kind of like gas closest to and farthest from the freeway are the most expensive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just switched to a Kershaw Cryo II my Kershaw Axle had the torsion spring break and since they don’t make it anymore they won’t warranty the replacement part when I asked to send a spring from another model that shared the same spring. They asked I send it in for credit replacement from their current catalog as that model had a specific spring, I thought that didn’t make sense but let it go.

2 Likes

Smith and Wesson

1 Like

Which one do you suggest, @MilVet?

This is the one I am currently carrying. I do not know the model of this S&W

1 Like

For my EDC I have been carrying a Gerber 06 Auto. I carried the non-auto version of this knife for 5 years and it is still an awesome choice, but when I had a chance to pick up the auto opening version I just could not pass it up. Notable favorite feature is the awesome glass breaker on the butt end. Would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a one hand open, auto folding knife. (I got the Tanto blade option but there are other blade options available)

2 Likes

@JBrockBaxter Looks like a nice knife. My next is going to be a protech brend. I’m never going back to not owning an auto knife.

2 Likes

S&W M&P

1 Like

Research the type of glass in your vehicle. I like glass breakers, but some of the newer cars are coming out with laminate glass for the side windows like windshields. As far as I know, sunroofs and rear glass are still tempered. Just a tip as someone in the auto industry.

1 Like

Smith and Wesson folding Karambit and a Leatherman Wave. One is useless for just about everything except something I can’t say in case i have to use it, the other is okay at most things.

1 Like

I carry a small Buck pocket knife, nothing special because I use it to open boxes all day. I also carry a nicer Ontario Rat for emergency purposes only.

1 Like

Off Grid!! Sold my Zero Tolerance, Oregon and Benchmades!! Best I’ve owed.

1 Like

Off grid is better than ZT?

1 Like

@ChrisH and @James - would you be so kind as to please post pictures/links of the knives you’re referring to? Will make it easier for those who are looking for knives to find what you’re talking about.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Here’s my current Kershaw Launch

Here’s the Protech Brend I want to eventually get. Maybe a different color combo though.

https://www.bladehq.com

Here’s a good site to get a knife from or look up some of the brands.

1 Like

This is my current EDC. As seen here.

1 Like

This one is one of their priciest. But also, no expense was spared in the materials. You would have to read about it on the website.

1 Like

This is my weekend carry.

1 Like