Introducing the new EDC Category

Gear is cool, and we could talk all day about the importance and application of things from go-bags to trunk guns.

BUT the most critical tools we utilize for personal safety are the ones on us at all times: our Every Day Carry.

Head over and help us get the conversation started!

8 Likes

Oop,s, my bad. :roll_eyes:

Firearm, large folder, pepper spray, heavy wooden cane. On my person always. :us:

8 Likes

My kit is similar - firearm when allowed, knife, pepper spray, small but bright AAA LED flashlight.

I usually don’t carry an IFAK on me unless I am hiking with a pack but always have one in the car regardless.

5 Likes

Firearm, Knife, usually single blade and larger, automatic allowed here. May alternate knives based on were I am going. Flashlight sometimes. Leatherman or SOG Tool. Phone, automatic watch. Have Trauma Kit with two tourniquets in Car, rags, as well as leatherman, knife, hand sanitizer, working pen, flashlight, lighter, length of line, extra ammo or magazines.

4 Likes

There are several threads that could maybe be moved over into that new category.

I’m thinking of at least these, but there are more, mostly in the Gear category…

What's your EDC kit (52 posts)

Lets see those EDC'S (77 posts)

5 Likes

I do have 2 categories:
EDC v.1 - Every Day / Moment Carry, 24 / 7 / 365 (realistic EDC)
EDC v.2 - Every Day Carry, wherever is allowed (real EDC)

Unfortunately with all restrictions and Gun Free Zones, real EDC, in my case - EDC v.2 is mostly nonexisting.
Most of my Customers I have to visit are either somehow related to Federal Laws or located in Gun Free Zones.
In this case my EDC v.1 (which I use the most) is: LED light, short folded knife, OC spray - it’s enough if these can cooperate with my brain.

EDC v.2 is used for night shift, when I have to visit Customers after the dusk and certain (less friendly) locations during the day as well. Yeah, they say, “don’t be in stupid places during stupid hours”… but sometimes I do not have a choice.
EDC v.2 is just expanded version of EDC v.1 by handgun and extra mag.

Additionally I do have a nice baseball bat in my car in case different argument is needed.

7 Likes

I carry a small bag with me in the truck at all times with all the basics. First aid kit, emergency blanket, fire starter, backup flashlight, box of 9mm rds., change of clothes, spare knife with a couple of other odds and ends, granola bar ect. Always have on my person my CCW, which could be SA 1911 EMP4 or S&W EZ Shield, spare mag, knife, flashlight and nitro tabs. Last isn’t by choice but necessity. Also keep many extras in the truck just in case. Have an emergency vehicle kit, travel air pump, small power converter, airbag jack, camping lantern old pair of shoes and socks. Did construction for decades, I hate to get caught unprepared. :grin::wink:

7 Likes

BTW, I do have a lock box in my car connected to a cable. Don’t use it often locally, has come in handy during travel. It is easily concealed under the passenger seat. I count it as edc because I put it in the car when I bought it, and it is always there.

4 Likes

@Christopher_S1 I have the same, don’t often leave it behind but it does happen on the rare occasion. Better safe then arrested, or something like that :sweat_smile::wink:

4 Likes

Always carry a knife. paper clip, razor blade, lighter, and a tooth pic!

6 Likes

Ok… So I’m at a loss here, paper clip? Razor blade? Perhaps the toothpick however even that’s a guess.

3 Likes

Always carry a knife. paper clip, razor blade, lighter, and a tooth pic! I could write a book about it! Hmmm, maybe I will! Simple and easy tools to carry and useful in a pinch.

5 Likes

Hmmm sometimes I lay awake at night thinking of the things I will never know, thanks for adding to that…lol

6 Likes

This road looks familiar!

3 Likes

there is this.

5 Likes

yes… that’s the most scary EDC stuff !

3 Likes
5 Likes

@Todd30 I’m just speculating here but are you secretly MacGyver? :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

One thing I precieve everyone is overlooking is your belt and its buckle. A belt is one of those multi-function pieces of gear… it can be used to fight with, to make a tourniquet, to repair or bind things:
(My mom,dad and couple cousins once went way out into the ID wilderness and the truck u-joint broke. When they didnt return when expected my uncle and I went out to find them-we knew where they were going. Met them about 1/2 way home limping along. My Dad had used my Moms tennis shoes and his belt to make a splint for the drive shaft and were slowly making theit way home OK.)

Be creative with what you have. A belt is a good piece of kit!

7 Likes

All very entertaining and helpful videos brother.

5 Likes