Let’s see what your edc gear is, I’ll start.Uploading: 15683272155531482767418359749547.jpg…
@Brian_J is prepared for WAR …
Which state are you?
South eastern part of Minnesota
Oooh also have my USCCA card in my wallet and programmed into both my phone and my girlfriends phone
@Brian_J I have the USCCA 877 number and my member ID committed to memory. Pretty easy to do.
True enough but just incase it never hurts
I love a good EDC thread…
I always have directly on my person:
- Wallet -> Trayvax Element, an interesting combination of metal and leather. I’ve had it a few years now and it’s worn in nicely. I like it because it’s very minimal so it just holds ID, CCW permit, USCCA card, insurance cards
- Knife/Multi-tool -> Pictured is a Benchmade Griptilian which rotates with a Mini-Griptilian, Spyderco Para 3, Kershaw Hype. But what I carry most often is a Leatherman Skeletool CX, which is super lightweight and has pliers and screwdrivers.
- Flashlight -> Olight S1R Baton II, this little buddy can output up to 1000 lumens which is basically blinding at one end, and a 0.5lumen “moonlight” mode at the other end for finding your way to the bathroom at 2am without waking anyone else up. Great EDC light.
- Keychain -> In addition to keys for home/car/office, I have a small pry tool (don’t use your knife for prying), a USB flash drive, another flashlight (Olight AAA 120lumens), and some paracord
- Phone -> Google Pixel 2XL. I’ve been and Android guy since the early days, love the screen size, great camera
- Firearm -> Pictured is a Glock 26 Gen4 with factory 10-rnd mag. I wear this about 80% of the time. The other 20% I have a Glock 43 with a Taran Tactical +1 extension (7+1 instead of 6+1) for when I just can’t quite conceal the G26
I don’t always carry a spare mag on my person. When I do, I carry a 17-rnd for the G26, or a 9-rnd (Taran Tactical +3) for the G43.
I’m trying to find a way to incorporate a small IFAK into my EDC. I’m considering one I saw at Dark Angel Medical that looks approximately wallet sized that I can put in a back pocket. Ankle carry might be a decent option, but in the summer I wear shorts a lot so…
Because I’m a web developer I usually have a backpack with me. In it, I’ll carry a spare mag, med kit, “ouch pouch”, assorted nerd tools (cables, chargers, etc), tazer, tactical pen, regular pens/pencils, multi-tool, another flashlight, another bulkier knife, notebooks.
You can always build your own IFAK, go to Ebay and buy a small molle pouch and put what you think you would need in it. I forgot to show mine, but in mine I carry 2 sets of 7 mil nitrile gloves, 2 disposable CPR masks, compression bandages, medium and large non stick pads, butterfly closures, medical scissors, tourniquet, fine tip sharpie and in the one pic a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.
When I carry my backpack, I have something similar to your list (minus CPR masks), but it’s too big to pocket carry.
This is kinda along the lines of what I’m thinking https://darkangelmedical.com/pocket-d-a-r-k-mini-trauma-kit/ Just the core essentials to stop bleeding, and it will fit in a pocket.
Gotcha, I’m all for ANY supply that can help for just about any situation.
He’s missing something though…