EDC; what to carry? when and how?

Hi everyone. I am curious as I have seen on other forums where EDC or Everyday Carry is a daily part of lives. At work, play, school or other situations. I like to see other ideas of what is recommended, whereas I can learn from others. Also, I am keeping in mind the times we are going through, law enforcement encounters, and even laws pertaining to such.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 Likes

how’s things brother; a little curious to what kind of recommendations you are seeking, if you could please elaborate.

5 Likes

@MtnDewey-BSBCJA - get ready for as many unique responses as responders. :grin:

10 Likes

I experimented with EDC for a long time. I finally whittled it down to simple: Firearm, holster, spare mag, knife, light, tactical pen. I try to carry every day no matter what. Obviously, if you carry every day, you quickly learn what equipment works best for you. For example, having a large firearm quickly becomes tedious if you decide on spontaneous physical activity, or some equipment really sucks if you suddenly have to shed your gear to enter a no firearm area. All of those considerations will lead you to the equipment and peripherals that are practical for you. You probably know all this already. Best wishes!

4 Likes

Well, depending on size of person, full size or compact. climate, extras like mags, knives, lights and so on.

My EDC when not at work is usually the same:

Sig229 40. cal
Benchmade auto-assist
extra mag
Streamlight Pro-tac 1L-1AA
pocket knife
Zippo

As a retired Survival Instructor I also have many items in my truck as well for the inevitable breaking down during the zombie apocalypse. :grin:

6 Likes

I carry a full-size M&P aiwb. I use a JM custom holster. Works for me in pretty much all situations. I will be moving twards a better holster for my Shield 9mm for dressier occasions for the purpose of comfort. A thin gun will fit in just about any pair of pants. Some of my dressier clothes are not sized well for my full-size M&P.

4 Likes

LOL, Carry a 1911 .45 ACP of your choice. because any other cannon requires wheels,

13 Likes

The same choice of the FBI Agents

3 Likes

I carried a 226 9mm for duty. Loved the brand and feel, and action, so went with the .40 cal. have carried it since 2002, love it.

3 Likes

@Todd30 I like the 45acp as much as the next person but if you haven’t seen these video’s on the 40 S&W 45acp & 9mm from Colion Noir you have got to take a look at them I think you will get a kick out of them, I just had to pass them along. I hope you and others enjoy them. :sunglasses: :us: :us:
Ps. My EDC is a primary, bug and extra mags for both, buck knife, CREE 1AA flash light and cell phone.

6 Likes

Never hurts to have something medical supply related on you or at least in your vehicle. Knowing how to apply a CAT could save a life.

6 Likes

My EDC is a primary, bug and extra mags for both, buck knife, CREE 1AA flash light and cell phone.
:sunglasses: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

2 Likes

My EDC is an M&P 9mm Shield Plus with the 10 round mag and the 13 round mag as a back up in a C&G AIWB holster and mag holder. My Trayvax wallet and retired LEO Detective Shield and ID card stamped retired. I also carry my USCCA tactical pen, flashlight and Kershaw Emerson folding knife all with the USCCA logo on them. My iPhone 7 and car keys. In my work bag I carry a police OC spray magnum 17 brand.

5 Likes

I agree, I carry a RATS, and two military issued tourniquets as well in my Camelback, as well as a first aid kit in my truck,

2 Likes

My off duty edc is a g19 and spare 17rd mag in a tier 1 concealed axis aiwb holster, streamlight protac 2lx, spyderco paramilitary 2, blue alpha gear ankle ifak, gshock watch, wallet, keys, phone, pens and sometimes my badge and cuffs.

My edc has come from 5 years of carrying every day and trial and error. My goal was always to conceal everything as well as possible, so I use a blue alpha gear minimalist belt for my gun and mag, but keep everything else in my upper pockets. This keep everything streamlined but still accessible.

I, like most others who carry a gun have a drawer full of holsters, a gun wall full of guns, and closet full of other items and accessories that just didn’t work out for me as well as I thought they would.

The biggest thing is just do it. Carry as often as you can. Try new things and gear and carry positions. If people you know buy new stuff, then ask to try their stuff out, you can always improve your set up. My current edc has worked well for me for about a year and a half, it is most likely what I will stick with for quite some time.

Good luck.

4 Likes

I don’t carry the plus one for my 17rd mag, though. Might need to change that.

2 Likes

Police officer retired 33+ years carried a colt mustang 380 as my back up it must have at least 400k miles its now my edc in summer months in winter I do get bigger as most folks have more clothes on so I go to my Colt 38 super commander. Go for what works for you a .25 in your pocket is better than a .44 mag under the seat of your vehicle.

10 Likes

Hello and welcome @Ricky47
Thank you for your years of service 👮🏻‍♂️

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Ricky47 and god bless you. Thank you for your service brother.

2 Likes

Around our home, and in our rural community, mine is S&W M&P Shield; when visiting bigger cities, Glock 17. My wife’s is always S&W M&P EZ 380.

4 Likes