Introducing the new EDC Category

On my person I carry my Glock 43 with 2 spare mags, in right front pocket a CRKT folding knife, back right a Kershaw Kevin Onion, my back left is a flash light. I have a back pack that has my work computer so its with me all the time as well, in it I keep 2 portable phone chargers, multi tool, a large folding knife, small crescent wrench, small oiler, para cord, 2 mylar emergency blankets, 3 small extra flashlights, small first aid kit, police grade pepper spray, 2 fire starters and 2 emergency eyeglass repair kits, half pint flask of tequila, couple of power bars and beef jerkey

6 Likes

Actually the Half Pint is a great idea as well as the food. When I travel I have water and some food, blankets too. The tequila has a myriad of uses!

4 Likes

Yes can be used as an antiseptic or foe pain relief he he

3 Likes

I carry a 1911 45acp in my Tommygunpack which also contains 3 magazines, 1 flashlight, a mutitool, pen, note pad a first aid kit, Geiger Counter. Now you may want to know why a Geiger Counter I live in Arizona and in the desert where I go shooting there is a small areas that have pitch blen the has a small amount of radiation which can be harmful if you are near it for too long. You can walk past the outcropping with no effect but if you don’t know it’s there and say you choose to be standing on some while shooting it could cause some serious ill effects, now you rockhounds should know lf you has some samples of this it should be contains in a lead glass container, shooters know what is around your shooting areas. Stay Alert Don’t Get Hurt :us_outlying_islands::sunglasses::elephant::+1:

3 Likes

So it’s Every Day “Car-ry” :laughing:

4 Likes

Not Necessarily EDC carry, but part of a bug out pack. Before you spend money on a geiger counter research the topic. I have seen people wast money on geiger counters who don’t know what they are buying, and for all intensive purposes bought a brick. Also learn about radiation, radioactive materials and hazards associated with them. The numbers on a display are meaningless unless you know what they mean. Believe it or not some of the old civil defense CDV700’s may read “0” in the presence of dangerous amounts of radioactivity that will kill you within minutes or hours of exposure (oversaturation.) You may be surprised how many things you find are radioactive too! Antique wristwatches with radium dials, Vaseline glass, old plates dishes and bowls, water jugs and even people who have had cardiac stress tests and other isotope scans and tests. This Geiger counter is pocket sized, has a good range, measures rate and dose, has alarm settings and is somewhat water resistant. This could be a topic of its own.

4 Likes

My most important ED(and night) Carry I keep between my ears :thinking:

7 Likes

RIA 1911 w/1 in hole, 8 rd mag in. Spare mags.
Spring assist open knife each front pocket.
511 tac 600 lumens light clipped to pocket.
That’s standard.

If rolling heavy, add another 1911 etc to match the first, and total of r spare mags = 50 rds 45ACP altogether.

5 Likes

Sig w/21rnd mag, Benchmade knife that handles really well for me (one hand open and close), my favorite flashlight with 18650 rechargeable (it’s pretty simple and can easily be locked off/on so it doesn’t “warm” my pocket), a little more cash/change than I think I’ll need, extra truck keys that stay with me all the time so I can’t get locked out (house keys on a separate ring because I have only myself to count on), and there is probably some other thing that’s just automatic with me. An important part of my carry is my secure holster.
I have several with one or more security levels so no one can easily take my weapon from my holster.
I try not to let my fuel level get too low in my truck. This one may sound silly to mention, but many of the things mentioned are important safeguards for more than only defensive reasons.

4 Likes