Instructors or Becoming an Instructor in North Carolina

Unless I’m doing the search wrong… but I can’t find any USCCA classes offered in North Carolina… or how to become an Instructor. USCCA CCW classes or any class not honored here in NC? Help… Lol

3 Likes

There are a few Instructor classes in NC

https://training.usconcealedcarry.com/search/?lat=35.2271&lng=-80.8431&p=0&q=Charlotte%2C%20North%20Carolina

Try that link. If that doesn’t work for you, let me know!

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

1 Like

I tried the link,
User still has to select “instructor classes” under the “curriculum type” filter.

1 Like

Unfortunately the training portion of USCCA website is not perfect.
I’ve brought this to USCCA’s attention last year, but looks that was only me who had that problem.
Hopefully something good happens once more people find training website hard to use.

The website does look good and contains enough information… but the problem is to FIND these information.
It’s almost impossible to get what you need without spending A LOT OF TIME of searching and scrolling and reading…

USCCA Tech support, IT guys… hello? hello? :wink: :slightly_smiling_face: :grinning:

3 Likes

The map came up with a fair handful of classes. It’s just maybe that there are a limited number of Certified USCCA courses/instructors out there, a hot commodity. Book the class(s) as soon as you can before they fill up.

If you have to travel to get to class, be sure to piggy back some area sight seeing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The training team is continually updating the website. There are so many different options that it can be a bit confusing. Use the filtering options to find exactly what you’re looking for.

As we continue to improve the site and look for feedback, I’ll be hitting you up @Jerzees :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks Dawn … I notice that NC doesn’t accept CCW classes taught by USCCA instructors… only NRA certified instructors.

2 Likes

Wow that I didn’t know??? Hmmmm. That needs to be looked into.

Marc welcome aboard!!!..a little off topic…in my younger days, spent quite a bit of time in Greensboro, Highpoint, Winston Salem…beautiful country!

3 Likes

@Dawn - the search option is the weak part of this website. Actually there is no search at all.
Of course we can narrow the results with “Curricullum” or “Type”, but it is not really helping .

Simple example to demonstrate it:

ZIPCODE: 60634
COURSE: DEFENSIVE PISTOL 1, 2, 3, 4

If I haven’t known what I’ve been looking for, there is no option to find it without scrolling all available classes and hitting NEXT.
I cannot use any of options, because “Defensive Pistol” is not a part of any category under “Curriculum”.
“Life Fire” under TYPE helps, but 95% of classes are life fire.

As I’ve mentioned earlier, I’ve been OK with this for year, but once other people brought this “problem”, it might be the moment to make some improvements.

1 Like

I’ve shared this with our team in charge of the training platform for further consideration, @Jerzees!

3 Likes

Screenshot_20200709_134117

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Marc18! As a North Carolinian, I too have searched for a USCCA instructor. I found & reached out to someone in Kenly but they’re super-busy with 1st time shooters & concealed carry classes. It seems that eastern NC is NRA territory. :v:t5:

4 Likes

Yep… there’s tons of NRA classes in this area.

1 Like

Man I wish you guys were closer to Johnson City, Texas. I’d be able to help you personally. Hey that’s it!!! Make it destination training! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Fizbin - NC is supposed to be nice this time of year… Road trip?

4 Likes

I’ve never been there but want to visit! Is there really a Mayberry?

2 Likes

Lol … the film took place in a town called Mount Airy, North Carolina … that’s Andy Griffiths hometown … but Mayberry is a real community in Virginia… about 30 miles from Mount Airy

3 Likes

NC has really nice weather all year long … beaches on one end … the mountains on the other

1 Like