USCCA Concealed Carry Instructor Course

I received my e-learning link yesterday and am impressed with the material. The e-course is much more in-depth than the Concealed Carry Permit class I took to get my Michigan CPL. I’m already finished with the first module and going to take my time to get thru the second. I take the two day class on October 19-20. I’ll be quite ready by then. Thank You USCCA, this course is going to prepare me to be a better Instructor than I had.

9 Likes

I really wish they would offer more instructor courses in more locations. It’s so challenging to get classes up here in Alaska. We need more active instructors up here. It’s something I really want to do, but it’s going to be a huge commitment as it’s going to take a notable expense in airplane tickets, car rental, and lodging to get down there for classes. And it has to coincide with my off-time, so that blocks out half of my calendar.

6 Likes

I have the same issue here in Connecticut. As a full time teacher, it’s difficult to find the time and when I am on school vacation, airline tickets and accommodations are very expensive. I wonder if the lack of training in my state is related to the laws here? Can anyone enlighten me?

4 Likes

Maybe you can put together a group of candidates and get them to do a custom trip for your group? If I ever get to be a training counselor, you can fly me up there :grin:

4 Likes

One of the challenges is getting access to a range for the amount of time needed for the classes. Other than that, maybe @dawn can comment.

@phil-g45 I love the USCCA training materials, really excellent. You’re going to love the class!

3 Likes

I’ve taken the first three quizzes. 100% each. The next one is tomorrow.

3 Likes

Even the USCCA student courses are much more in depth and comprehensive than any state student or instructor program you will go through.

4 Likes

Putting on instructor courses is expensive and hard to put enough students/instructor candidates together to even cover expenses much less make them profitable.

With four or more students you really need multiple TC’s or instructors to do a good job.

They also make for very long days in the classroom and at the range so you need enough people to keep everyone fresh and keep them rolling along.

Remember they’/we aren’t doing this on gov’t grants as a public service., you have to at least cover expenses and have a little profit to justify putting a course on.

5 Likes

That’s what I am seeing. I’ve taken two different Pre CPL Safety Classes and this Course is much more informative.

3 Likes

I love our educational material! My initial concealed carry class wasn’t with the USCCA and once I started working here I became an instructor because I believe in the material so much!

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/training/become-an-instructor/

Click on “Become an Instructor” - that will take you to our information on becoming an instructor.

As far as the travel and limited classes, we understand and are working on it! There are Training Counselors in a lot of different states. Reach out to them to see if they will be doing an instructor course in your area.

In CT, there are two, @Rodney8! (search on the Find a USCCA Instructor and make sure you limit the search to Training Counselors)
[Bad links removed. Please search using the above website for the latest classes]

And there are two in Alaska, @Scott1!

Please let me know if that helps! I can also share your requests with the Training team here for specific locations… No guarantees, but if you have a bunch of people who want to take a class, let me know! That can help influence scheduling. I think they’re probably already working on next years schedule!

3 Likes

Crazy. My boss just directed me to a FB post from an instructor in Palmer who is putting on a USCCA Instructor Class 4 weeks from now. Unfortunately, it’s during my work week, so I’ll be out in the field. That’s the problem with shift work.

This class in Alaska doesn’t show up on the USCCA website. I would suggest that you have your web guy work on keeping the class schedule updated on the website. That’s where I keep checking for classes and it only shows 4 classes right now.

3 Likes

We don’t put the classes on the USCCA Website, it’s the Instructors who put their classes there to advertise, @Scott1. If you talk with this instructor, please let him know you’re looking for a class and check the USCCA Website for classes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am scheduled to take the two day course in Nebraska in a couple of weeks. I have finished the reading material from the “text book” provided and have completed all modules on the e-learning section and am currently going back through the “Text” a second time. As has been previously stated, this material is far more in depth than the one day course I took to get my permit. From what I have seen it is far more complete than any of the courses that I am aware are being taught in our area. All that needs to be added is for the instructor to add pertinent information on their individual state laws. The rest of the material is supplied by the USCCA material. REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE PROGRAM.

Also, has has been stated, there has to be sufficient enrollment to cover program costs. There is instructor honorarium, travel, site cost (both class room and range, costs), etc. Having presented many, many programs the desire of a dedicated instructor is to impart knowledge. But the program, by it’s nature, has to be run like a business and there is a cost for doing business.

5 Likes

@Dr_Gerald_J you’re going to find the class pretty darn useful, I think! I sure did.

Welcome to the group!

1 Like

Go over the online e learning quiz’s repeatedly and it will help you greatly.

I did both the student and instructor E Learning for all of my classes and it really helped me be prepared.

2 Likes

I have the same problem as multiple responders above, there are no courses near me (Cleveland). I have had a CHL for years now and see the USCCA logo on a lot of different things at my local range. I’m surprised there aren’t more opportunities for a class even in the state.

3 Likes

Thanks you for the reach out. I am looking forward to it.

Jerry

2 Likes

Thanks for the advise.

Jerry

3 Likes

@Keith30 if you dont find a class close to you on the website, call the USCCA directly,
They may be able to connect to to a teacher directly. They may have a teacher in your area who doesn’t have any classes currently scheduled. What area are you in?

2 Likes

I am in northeast Ohio, in the Cleveland or Akron area.

2 Likes