Inspiration or Prayer Requests

8 Likes

9 Likes

Psalms 23

1 (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

We all know that David was a faithful person but did he make some boneheaded mistakes. He was not permitted to build the Temple because of the blood on his hands. He is still an inspiration to me.

5 Likes

For any who may of not got church today…
Its an hour long but its from a good series in 2014 titled, “State of Entitlement” McMenis, James 2014

3 Likes

6 Likes

The irony, that this is Rev 19:11

“Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

6 Likes

I love the book of Revelation.
I’m not sure if you are a Christian who believes in the rapture (if NOT just disregard next statement) but after Chapter three is when the church is mentioned no more throughout the book so in my belief, I would say that we are gone.

The book of Revelation is mysterious and all-out scary, to be honest…
In all accounts, the meaning of the word Revelation is not knowing or disclosure.

But one of my favorite verses in the whole Bible is found in chapter three of that book.

" Behold , I stand at the door and knock . If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me." (Rev. 3. 20)

6 Likes

I am very much a pre-tribulation, rapture believer. Early in my Christian walk, I feared the events layer out in Revelation. As I matured, I began to study these things more. With time, I not only stopped fearing, but even came to embrace the events in that book. So much so to no longer looking at things like the Four Horseman as dark omens, but those carrying out their service to the Almighty King of Kings.

6 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile:
I think I’ve told you, but I’ll say it for the sake of conversation that the first time reading the new-covenant, I was so scared. It took Pastor James’s teachings to really understand and of course the Holy Ghost…

However, I guess for us it was true even though fear just means reverence but Solomon said in Proverbs this wise statement,
“The beginning of knowledge is the fear of the Lord.” (Prov. 1.7)

Also, Prophecy is very hard to interpret, but I’ll agree that the horseman scared the fire out of me…

I do want to ask, “What do you get out of Revelation 17?”
My paster says it’s not what I’m thinking but tell me who you think the woman on the beast represents in sense of nation wise…like what land or country, if any? No wrong answer, I just wanna see if you get the same as I do.

For a quick laugh, several years ago my buddy D.J. who I discuss that runs his business in Alabama now said, she was the woman on the Starbucks cup :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I think the Harlot(New King James) is Representative of any and all who use the immorality of sin to lure in others. Just as The Bible makes reference to ALL believers as The Church, the Harlot represents all those trying to convince the world it’s ok to “do what makes you happy.” I don’t think it represents a nation in the way we view nations (US, Russia,China, etc) but all people who are like minded. Kind of like how we are a community on here. We don’t have a zip code, or physical location, but, we are communal in that we are a like minded group with common interest and goals. That is I how interpret it.

7 Likes

I should have listened to my pastor lol

Something very similar came out his teachings. Thank’s for the share & God bless bro!
Love having this conversation as well as learning something new!

~RWA

6 Likes

Well, I did used to teach Jr High boys Sunday school. Lots of questions. Keeps you on your toes. Every now and then, I teach the class our pastor is in at church. That will REALLY keep you on your toes.

6 Likes

Encouragement of The Day:
God does give you more than you can handle in order that you may trust in him–

Paul wrote this in his second letter to the church to Corinth in regards to the God of all comfort.
For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.” (1Cor. 1.8-9).

6 Likes

Keep Your FaithT.D. Jakes 3:51

2 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know it this will be playable to you guys but I’ll throw it on here anyway…

Is Your Praise Past Due?(Furtick, 2018)

3 Likes

Sometimes I miss these days!
I think we had barley 75 members, 10 years ago while this was recorded. It say’s 2012 but we were already in the big church by then.

Now, we have almost 8,000 active members…
Don’t ever despise small beginnings…You will miss them in a weird way later on.

God’s Promises Manifest with Faith(McMenis, 2010)

3 Likes

When Right, Goes Wrong
(T. D. Jakes) [Each clip about 2 minutes - 3 minutes & 1/2]

When Right, Goes Wrong–From The Heart”

When Right, Goes Wrong– Don’t Get Stuck in Pain”

When Right, Goes Wrong – Prayer”

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes