If Martial Law is declared, what happens to our guns?

To those who never experienced the real one, we recently witnessed during the plandemic a preview, some kind of quasi-martial law. The best example I could think of was when government men with guns shut down churches, and arrested religious leaders.
IIRC, they happened in places where the “crown” still has some influence, unlike the rebellious 1776ers of the US of A.
Now, compare with the mindfulness of US petty tyrants, even in California. 2A matters!

6 Likes

Ah, you mean like places that- just this week- implemented a nation-wide ban on handgun sales?

5 Likes

I dont buy weapons,I buy the parts for them and build my own weapons,so at least I dont have to buy any spare parts,I already have them in stock and have built all the weapons I need in fact I have a choice of what to use from 22 cal up to 308,and in between

5 Likes

I wish that were so, but given how the Federal Government all the way down to mayors seized on emergency powers during covid, some being declared by executive fiat, I would suggest you have a spare weapon and ammunition stowed discreetly away from where you keep your everyday weapons. I recall relatively recently there was some coverage of the Governor of a US possession, I think the US VI, that threatened to use a local statute that permitted the national guard to confiscate personal weapons. The statute was actually designed to reimburse gun owners for weapons seized for the use of the guard, but at the time I believe it was being more broadly interpreted. Also during a hurricane in New Orleans, the local PD’s and guardsmen were seizing weapons from folks who were trying to flee the weather which led to some states enacting legislation prohibiting such acts. But, the Fed is the higher sovereign, and it would trump state law. So…as a practical matter probably won’t happen, but never say never.

3 Likes

Roadside check points and fuel and food stops would get you in short order.

3 Likes

My rig is a 5er, no need for gas. They can look, better bring a dog.:rofl:

4 Likes

Gotta ask, what brought on Martial Law Nuclear War, Pandemic, Alien Invasion, Riots nationwide caused by mass psychosis? All depends on the situation…

5 Likes

Can’t go to Canada. The fascist prime minister declared all hand guns illegal.

5 Likes

Which is OK… my firearms stay buried in woods…

2 Likes

In today’s climate, could be plain old tyranny.

4 Likes

Not to mention, all of the willing sheeple that would gladly assist the brown shirts. One of the main tactics is to turn neighbor against neighbor, remember, “Mask up to save your neighbors grandma’s life”? So you get government despots and fanatical neighbors all looking for the same result, disarm American Citizens. Could get rather messy…

6 Likes

a thought… create a war between Russia and Ukraine… get the U.S. involved… then declare martial law???

stops elections and confiscates firearms all at the same time???

4 Likes

I think there are really two different situations described here.

1. Declaration of martial law. This is a rare situation in the United States and, historically, has usually been applied by a state or local authority in extreme circumstances. The attack on Pearl Harbor comes to mind. It’s certainly within the realm of possibility should circumstances warrant it again, but it generally has pretty limited scope.

2. Using the military to confiscate firearms. This seems highly unlikely, to the point of being a distraction from genuine threats to the 2nd Amendment. Yes, the police have done this in the past (I’m looking at you, New Orleans), but we’re talking about using the U.S. military as a police force, which is prohibited by law. All of our military officers would have to knowingly go along with this scheme. What’s more, it doesn’t really fit with the “Martial Law” scenario, for two reasons. First, as mentioned above, martial law has generally been a state or local issue, and they have no authority over federal military forces. Second, as mentioned above, martial law is applied in extreme circumstances; so if things are bad enough that the military has to be called in, then surely they’ll have other things to do besides going door-to-door and searching for firearms.

In short, I don’t know why we’re talking about this. There are more likely scenarios, like Martians invading or zombies attacking.

6 Likes

6 Likes

They get used. It will be 4GW gone hot.

2 Likes

The situations you describe are spot on! During normal times and with a true “commander in chief”. We lack both and Brandon’s pen has killed more people than the deadly plagues of Egypt.
If he and his posse go full on delusional, our diverse uniformed military WILL JUST BE FOLLOWING ORDERS! That’s the nature of the military, and those that break, will be shot by their comrades! Once a lunatic convinces the rest of the lunatics the purge is on!
My recommendation, is make damn sure all your serviceable firearms are cleaned, locked and loaded, kiss the wife and kids and pray we win!

These guys taught me what NOT to do! I believe in this country,
I’m prepared to fight and die for it!

5 Likes

Just to clarify for any FBI, CIA, MSNBC, or other alphabet soup people reading this (public) site, I am not planning an armed insurrection against this government, nor am I advocating violence against any elected official, bureaucrat, citizen, or other person.

I am planning to vote, probably. And if that makes me a threat to democracy, you might need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

7 Likes

Okay, I am tired of seeing the misspelling of this thread about “Marital Law”, can someone please correct the title? @Russell74 or @moderators, maybe?

4 Likes

It is updated now @Dave17.

5 Likes

That’s easy. When marital law kicks in, your wife won’t let you buy any more guns.

8 Likes