I got caught today

Any idea when they will be voting to carry from state to state ccw

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Warren14! It was introduced in the house in 1/3/19 and sent to. committee where it died. It won’t be introduced again until 2021. Even if introduced, it will not pass without a republic majority in the House and at least 60 in the Senate.

3 Likes

Outside waistband? How large a pistol?

3 Likes

IWB, Black Arch single clip Protos holster, single stack 9mm Sig P938 subcompact on a Desantis gun belt.

It was probably a combination of me more aware of the gun because I was trying a different carry position that I ended up not liking, poor choice of cover garment, and as @Craig6 pointed out, an observant fellow carrier.

All in all, I appreciate he let me know what he saw in a discreet way so I could reevaluate my carry.

6 Likes

I felt naked yesterday! I had to go to court in the morning but I discovered what I hope is a minor medical issue on Sunday. So, to lighten my load, my EDC was reduced to a light an knife to go to court. It was disturbing, after all, the courthouse is full of criminals. Oops, I mean clients!
Today I’m back in court and will have my Glock 42 on my waist. It is smaller but still effective. And it is better than a pointy stick!

12 Likes

Unless that pointed stick is a pencil in John Wick’s hand

6 Likes

Or that sardine can key in Riddick’s :grimacing: :laughing:

5 Likes

I am pretty sure my daughter owns that movie

4 Likes

I heard he killed three men in a bar with just a pencil

6 Likes

I was in WallyWorld about a year ago (when I still shopped there) I noticed a young man walking down the main isle carrying a tan sling pouch. He was all wide eyed and looking around and had his right hand on his bag. I thought OMG a first time concealed carry. It was so obvious I had to laugh. :rofl:

7 Likes

Luckily for me I now live in Fl. and printing here doesn’t make a big deal. I do however do my best to not tip my hand and print. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Ok. I sort of got caught Sunday. Not by printing or my gun showing. My ear protection. I wear a custom set done in black so they look like earphones. I was walking dogs at dog park at dusk another couple go onto small dog side and are walking on another. We are sort of chatting. When the wives are down a bit from us. He asks me “So all this making you nervous enough to carry at the dog park to”? I look at him and ask him what makes you think that? (cause I know no one can see) and he nods at my hearing protection. I tried to act like they were earphones, and then he pulls exact same set out from under his shirt and smiled. So I smiled back, he says Hoover Tactical and I said yeah. We then just went back to talking about dogs.

9 Likes

To give comfort and understanding, I understand fully the busy bodies and the other great people
we may meet every day. I have been caught, it has been caused concern, but there are many more
individuals that carry and the live their lives normally.

I carry too and I know your feelings. Examples: Reaching high above your head, Deep knee bends with reaching, and the wind blowing your cover shirt open. Yes, one more ! Standing fully covered with
everything in your clothes perfect and you have to stand paraded rest, you print the grip of pistol, just a little. Put your hands in front of you not behind your back.

2 Likes

Hope the best for you and have a wonderful day. There a sharks in the water in N. Florida
and they love gossip with someone else life history.

3 Likes

I have had a little training with FDOC and our famous laws Federal and State. I would not be carrying
into court houses or court rooms, Against the Law for one and the other is the nice and greatest one
of them all, the mighty metal detector. Probably very different with an attorney.

State and Federal Land, Schools and Buildings can be a long day in jail or hefty fines in money. Printing is very much different from brandishing, but we all know this. Safety and have a good day.

Thank you.

5 Likes

I do not carry in the federal courthouse. Because I am a retired deputy sheriff and a “qualified retired law enforcement officer”, I “may carry concealed firearms on or about their persons at all times and at any location within the Commonwealth where an on-duty peace officer is permitted to carry firearms.” KRS 237.137(1). There are similar provisions in the law allowing prosecutors and judges to carry at all time and locations as well.

9 Likes

Mr. Mike,

I am not competing with you sir. There is many of us that do not carry that back ground like
you and your fellow officers. My beautiful wife was an officer (LT.) in the FDOC, but I am not
ever to go on the grounds or buildings and I only know the basic laws like we have here.

4 Likes

William, I am not competing and didn’t mean to make it appear that way. I just wanted to put into perspective why I wasn’t taken down or at least put in a hold before I was asked. I was at one of the smaller courts in my area where the majority of the deputies recognize me. Unlike Louisville, where I retired from, and only a few old timers recognize me.

4 Likes

Tell someone if they ever ask that it is a colostomy bag and tell them they can see it if they are interested.

9 Likes

@Rick38 there are times when throwing the TMI card on the table can be extremely useful :smiley:

4 Likes