A funny thing happened when leaving the office

I’m medically disabled but can work part time. I work at a small medical office in a state, KY, with constitutional carry. As the day was winding down, the staff was relaxing talking and the temp doc(regular doc on vacation) comes up and says to us let me show y’all something. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a Ruger Redhawk 44mag. Not to be out done, I reach in my bag pull out S&W 41mag. The girls start to laugh (they all carry too) and it turned into a show us what are you carrying in the office.

I love being and being around rednecks.

39 Likes

Nice! You seldom hear of someone with a 41.

6 Likes

Kinda blows the heck out of the “concealed means concealed” advice.
Also, can you really find .41MAG? Or do you just keep a good stash?
(My brother in law let me try his .41MAG S&W a number of years ago. I do not need to do that ever again!)

5 Likes

I see it online now and again but I do have a small stash of ~150 rounds. To practice, I shoot easier to find ammo in another revolver I have. You know us rednecks, we love to show off our guns.

6 Likes

Mytake on that is when out in the general public at large: concealed means concealed. But in a small setting with ppl you can trust, it’s nice to know you have backup.

Stay safe out there

16 Likes

I agree on the nice to know but, but will admit, my hairs kind of stand up whenever somebody is holding a gun in their hands, in a situation where there isn’t a backstop or similar to keep it pointed towards, and I don’t know their gun handling ability…rarely are all 4 rules followed in those situations.

So to help avoid those situations, I don’t divulge my own.

personal preference perhaps

9 Likes

Actually it as kinda nice. One person at a time, checked for safety(ammo removed) and pointed down at the floor at all times. Still I was closely watching.

10 Likes

Sounds pretty cool to me. Being in CT…we shared photos :joy:
Shot a .41 mag once, pearl handled grips. Not a revolver fan but that one was sweet.

4 Likes

Sounds cool :sunglasses: Now, being in CA, we share nothing for fear it might be taxed.

11 Likes

I had a friend that wanted a 41 mag. I advised him to get a 44 mag 'cause 41 mag ammo and brass was hard to find. He bought the 41. A year later, he traded the 41 and cash for a 44. The trade didn’t include the ammo he had so now, I have 22 rounds of old 41 Mag I can’t give away.

2 Likes

Similar story,
A company I worked for decided to sponsor CC Class for permits. The guy that was organizing it would go around and get people to sign up. There was a gal in document control that kept saying “no thank you”. This guy kept it up, telling her about the Constitution, Self Defense etc. but she just kept refusing. Finally, one day when he was giving her the spiel she reached into her purse and pulled out a purse holster with a firearm in it and said “I’ve already got one”.

11 Likes

My pain management Dr. and I had a similar show and tell. Had been at the range earlier so I had an AR-15 pistol in a brief case, plus a couple of pistold

Love the South.

8 Likes

I’ll take it!

bought mine back in the early 90s when I was stationed in Germany. Woke up one morning with a note on my car saying go home American scum or very close to that. I wanted something with a little more umph and the 41 delivers. its suppose to be a step up from a 357 without as bad recoil as a 44.

I don’t shoot it much but it does shoot sweet.

3 Likes

Yep, you got that right. Sometimes they don’t call it a tax. Instead it’s a fee. What’s the difference? Both are added costs of owning a gun here in CA.

2 Likes

Never fired a .41. But, personally, I found that my .357 ha more recoil than my son’s .44 magnum Desert Eagle. The only problem with that gun is it’s so fracking heavy that I can only fire about 6 rounds through it before my arms give out. But, sweet shooting.

2 Likes

That extra weight in the Desert Eagle is why it has less felt recoil than the .357. I have shot three S&W classic revolvers in .357,.41 magnum, and .44 magnum, so effectively comparable construction and weight. The recoil I felt was .41>.44>.357.

1 Like

My wife, in her late-60’s, is an avid quilter and machine-embroiderer and, prior to COVID, attended a Friday quilting workshop at our township’s senior center here in semi-rural Michigan. Somehow, the topic turned to concealed carry and 11 of the 13 “grandma’s” in attendance showed their “carry guns”. I have no statistics on caliber or revolver vs. automatic.

12 Likes

That’s just awesome

5 Likes

THATS FUNNY :bangbang: I CARRY TWO 1858, 44,s with stainless steel number.11, NIPPELS AND 777, POWDER AND THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY 44,SUPER RUGER BLACK HAWK :bangbang: AN MY BACK UP IS MY S&W,M&P,9 ,WITH I8, 147,GRAIN SUBSONIC ROUNDS , AND IN FRONT OF EACH SIDE OF MY 44s I HAVE MY QUICK DRAW SIX,ENCH,REMINGTON, BLADES , AND IN THE SMALL OF MY BACK I HAVE MY 15,inch BOWIE KNIFE, AND IN MY LEGGINGS I HAVE MY USMC KABAR,IN EACH LEGEN , AND I HAVE MY 4O, S&W,s ON EACH SIDE IN MY SHOULDER HOLSTERS WITH , TWO, EXTRA 14,ROUND MAG,so I GESS THE BLADE NECKLACE IS A LITTLE MUCH BUT MY FAVORITE BLADE IS IN THE BACK OF MY BANDANNA AROUND MY NECK TIED WITH RUBBER HAIR TIES SO I GESS I AM THE RED NECK :bangbang: ASESABILLATY IS A MUST SO I BET YA ALL THINK WHAT. HAW HAW I CUT BACK GET IT HAW HAW NOW THATS FUNNY :bangbang:

THATS A RED NECK HAW HAW :bangbang:Just KIDDING