I've been carrrying for 5 years now. One "regret" I have

I bought the PX4 sub compact. Beretta hardly supports this gun but I was worried about the size, I didn’t realize the grip is the concern when worrying about printing. Should have bought the compact. Not sure if I’ll replace it though. I still love everything else.

12 Likes

If you have the funds it doesn’t hurt to purchase another weapon. Same caliber works well if you have ammo. You may be surprised how much you like it…

12 Likes

Unless you live in a very restrictive state as far as printing goes, you are probably ok, the average person will not notice what you think is a glaring printing error.

14 Likes

A second gun never hurts, I purchased two 9mm because I thought the first one was to small so I turned around and brought it’s big brother.

14 Likes

I carry firearms of different sizes and calibers. Depends on weather. Look into companies that sell clothing that cater to the CCW community. I have an in some cases it can be expensive. I have found some of our everyday big boxes sell stuff off the rack , When I buy , Concealing is the first thought

13 Likes

I am confused. The Sub-Compact is smaller than a Compact. Also, it uses a different lockup system than the full size or the compact. So, what is the issue?

Not quite sure what you mean by “support”. What sort of support are you looking for from Beretta? Yes, aftermarket support is not there, compared to say a 1911, Glock, M&P… but then they sell far fewer of them than those other makers. I have ordered plenty of items direct from Beretta with good service.

I have carried a full size PX4, and also the M9A1. I keep drooling over a Langdon Compact Carry model…

8 Likes

This is the firearm I’ve disliked the most…and I sold mine. It was great for training, but absolutely sucked to shoot.

5 Likes

If you have the funds available, I’d highly recommend investing in a second firearm. If you’re in crazy california or some other state that makes it impossible to buy any of the reasonable subcompacts out there…well…then I get it and you gotta do what you gotta do. However, if you have options and live in a free state, then definitely look at the other subcompact options and see what fits and feels best. Everyone has a pistol they like and many of us have one we don’t like but since we all have different shapes and sizes, you’d probably be better off doing your own research to see what feels best in YOUR hand and not take any specific advise from any of us on what manufacturer to look at :wink:

5 Likes

My son has a PX4 in 40S&W, its not the weight, so it has to be something with the rotating barrel, but it has a recoil similar to a 9mm. I actually like shooting it, but it is awfully ugly!

6 Likes

I have the PX4 sub-compact in 9mm, and the full-frame in .45ACP. I have not had printing issues with either, and I carry OWB. I wear Hawaiian shirts in Summer and a long shirt in Winter. Both shoot well and I never had any issues with either of them.

8 Likes

Great pistol, I have the PX4 Compact, very accurate at 25 yards grouping 2.5 inches no problem. I did change the original trigger with the competition one from Beretta. Smooth!
Keep it!

8 Likes

i haven’t tried the PX4, but have heard good things about them. I carry a Springfield Hellcat with Red Dot & Ruger Security 9 Compact with O light BALDR MINI . They are dead on, great carry weapons.

7 Likes

I guess it’s an interesting journey, learning and enjoying it as one goes along. Experimenting with different models, clothing to go along with it, especially in the beginning. Changing with the seasons (weather), winter CCW vs summer. I’ve even sold back a couple.

I learned the hard way, some grips - my shirts glide right over, whereas other grips my shirt tends to get stuck on it. How easy it is to accidentally expose a firearm that’s on a hip, especially if it’s on one’s 3 or 9-O-clock. Guess it gives new meaning to the term “hipster”. I gotta constantly ensure that I’m untucked, in order to hip conceal.

However, I was taught to be very careful not pat down yourself to check that your concealed, because that’s a dead give away by drawing too much attention to oneself.

. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

It goes without saying, clothing and body type increases the possibility of printing. Belt, carry style and holster type takes it to another level. I agree with @Fred_G, the average person wouldn’t notice.

8 Likes

I carry a Springfield XD Mod 2 double stack 9mm. I was concerned about it printing, and I bought a new IWB holster. I got one with adjustable belt clips and set them where the gun rides lower on my belt - now nobody can see it, but I still have quick access to it.

7 Likes

Well I’ve been carrying for a lot more years then the said 5, I started out with a early iwb and had to buy my pants with the waist the next size up , kinda costly but after a few years I went to a gunshow here at the Phoenix Airzona fair grounds and found a booth that sold Tommygunpacks and I liked the theme of them for sneaky quick draw and hidden magazines holders as will as room for first aid kit, knife, pad and pen as will as my many tool device with seat belt cutter. This letting me wear the right waist size pants. This give me the freedom of not having my pants dragged down, now I just load it up then hook it up around my waist and buckle it up and I’m ready to go with my 1911 45acp full size and 3 extra magazines plus what I said previously this is what works for me. Unfortunately the maker’s of the Tommygunpack is out of business in California, but there are other maker’s that make there kind on off body conceal packs.

5 Likes

I started with a cz and ended up with a j frame snubbie pocket carry. Takes a while to figure it out.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Mike194 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

I’ve been carrying since I was 16 years old, 70+ now and love my ccw. A model 38, 38 caliber Detective special lightweight 5 shot in a pocket holster carried IWB at 5 oclock position usually.
My concern is, I am sadly out gunned! I purchased a Sig 226 to be my main weapon with the revolver to be my back up however, the Sig feels bulky and is awkward carried IWB. I am a big guy (fat in the belly) so the Sig feels out of place. I don’t carry it except in winter months because it’s just too big to conceal easily. I live in a blue state with a very high murder rate. Of course I avoid as many trouble spots as possible but anywhere is condition orange! How do I increase my defensive firepower as I am most always wearing a t-shirt and jeans??? I’ve tried carrying the Sig around the home to acclimate to it with little luck… I am spoiled to the concealability of the 38!! I do have a selection of revolvers and a few semi auto pistols but none feel as comfortable as the 38.
Suggestions welcomed.

7 Likes

Im 6’3" and can’t stand loose clothing. I quit worrying about printing. I’ve never seen anybody notice and, quite frankly, I’m not sure if I dare I’d they do.

8 Likes