I've been carrrying for 5 years now. One "regret" I have

@PlumRed I can see your issues with bulkyness(?) given the P226 is a full-size firearm. Have you tried compact or sub-compact like a Hellcat, P365, M&P 2.0 or Glock 43?

6 Likes

@Stig I too hate baggy clothes. I have a micro dad bod. Baggy adds 40lbs to my frame where as slim fit looks like it hurts!

5 Likes

@Mike194 Welcome to the community. We are glad to have you!

5 Likes

Take a look at the PX4 Compact Carry…It is a great gun inspired by Ernst Langdon. It has many upgrades making it a great EDC.

7 Likes

I’ve been carrying for 26 years everywhere I go except US Post Offices and commercial planes. Full size 1911 sometimes, and sometimes Glock 17. I’m 5-9, 168 pounds. When everybody is in shirtsleeves, my silk Tommy Bahama is untucked. When wearing a suit, it’s still the 1911 or the 17. NOBODY notices, including security at the symphony and at the movie. The worry is way overrated as long as you’re at ease, not elbowing your hip making sure it’s still there.

9 Likes

I don’t play in the water, I’m a desert rat.

5 Likes

I’m to this point in my life, I quite being so up tight about printing. Most people that don’t carry will not even look at you twice. They don’t see what you think they see. No worries, just blend in like everyone else. You will be fine.

10 Likes

I wear the same type shirts, They work well for me also

6 Likes

Yes this true I think mostly. Only ones that notice are us. I don’t even think LEOs do it unless they already have reason to scrutinize

5 Likes

Try an M&P Shield 9 or 40, great size, easy to care wearing jeans and a T-shirt, 9 + 1 will give you extra rounds, and you could even go up to the Shield Plus for more rounds!

5 Likes

No I haven’t tried those in particular but have several to choose from.
The 38 just feels like part of my body. Old habits and comfort level of my ccw is actually leaving me vulnerable so I’m pursuing other options. Hate to purchase another weapon. So be it.

5 Likes

Hey @Denny_Crane
Most states have some sort of open carry law now which may make printing a non issue. Printing isn’t an issue in our state even though our carry law is not in effect quite yet. I’ll probably continue concealed.
The new law let’s me not worry about how well it’s concealed though.

5 Likes

@Dave17
Both shirts shoot well? Lol
Sorry…couldn’t help myself.
I second the Hawaiian shirts in summer.
I believe we had that discussion elsewhere.
The best for concealed wear. Wear with or without t shirt. With t shirt wear open silk shirt for concealment right?

6 Likes

I’ve had 3 incidents in more than 20 years of carrying, twice were about printing and the person that mentioned it in both cases were carrying themselves. The other time I was was carrying in rear waistband and was reaching over the the bar to get some pool chalk that was behind the bar and felt someone tugging on my shirt. I turned my head to see the waitress yanking on my shirt tail to cover my weapon which was completely exposed. In my experiences with printing I’ve always been approached by a someone who also carries. When looking in a mirror there was a bump but no outline. Just like a CCW holder noticing I’m carrying, with a quick glance around I can usually tell who’s carrying more often than not. As far as non-carriers, they usually don’t notice or care.
As an aside looking for printers is a good excuse;
WIFE:. Quit looking at that girl’s ass.
ME:. I’m just seeing if shes printing!
Works for me, YMMV…

8 Likes

I carry a Glock 19 under an untucked shirt; print like dickens (for anyone looking) AND I don’t care. Will start carrying it with a 19-round magazine soon. Printing is over rated.

7 Likes

I carry a Glock 19x (full-size grip) works for my body type :man_shrugging:t2:, I have a good holster with a wedge and a claw,. I carry aiwb though. All about what works for you man. I started with a shield. That gun is very easy to conceal, but I ended up wanting a bigger gun.

5 Likes

I agree. We worry too much about printing. I don’t know if printing is illegal in some places, but I have found that a remarkable number of people believe it is illegal even where it isn’t.
Before SC put the open carry bill into action, printing was not illegal though most everyone I’ve come across thought it was. Many didn’t carry as they wanted (or what they wanted) due to fear. Some decided to avoid carrying at all.
I ask everyone to double check their regulations on this and everything that has to do with concealed carry.
Inaccurate information works against us, and there are plenty of sources putting out Inaccurate info.

6 Likes

Where I’m at it could be considered brandishing. I’ve never heard of anyone being charged for brandishing their firearm due to printing so it feels like it’s just not enforced. It’s still there though so if the tide turns they could start nailing people if they wanted. I see it all the time just trying to stay aware

5 Likes

I’ll be walking through the 7/11 like “Up! appendix! Oh! A two o’clocker. Four o’clocker over there!”

3 Likes

What state are you in @Elitesless?

3 Likes