A funny thing happened when leaving the office

Gotta love Grannie guns!

1 Like

I had never handled a handgun until I was 63. Rifles, yes; handguns, no. I started shooting as a hobby and was hooked. There are a lot of seasoned citizens who shoot at our range, but I was the youngest woman when I started. Started out with a class and 2 years later, I had several classes under my belt and a CCW. I carry daily. I find that the older I get, I need to shoot frequently or I lose skill. My chosen carry guns all have 3" barrels. I like the challenge of shooting the little guns well. I do have a couple of full size 1911’s, but they aren’t very challenging, just fun.

3 Likes

You’re exactly correct. The more weight, the more accuracy. The longer length of the full size barrels also help. I’m not as accurate with the 357 revolver (short barrel) as I am with a 1911. The Desert Eagle, while fun, was too much weight for this old lady’s arms. But, I got all six rounds in the center, close to the X.

4 Likes

But still, trust or not, people talk, as seen by this story. The trusted group seems large.

As I said in my initial posting, a small doctors office. 2 ladies at check in, 1 nurse, 1 x ray tech, the doc and me. And of course this whole forum but I haven’t and nobody has asked the office name and location which I won’t give.

2 Likes

Nathan57, I agree. There is a certain fellow who owns and operates a large, well-know firearms instruction school and who has trained thousands of people in all kinds of firearms, has a very popular YouTube channel, and has a huge, loyal following both in the real world and on YouTube. I am not one of his fans, but from time to time, sometimes even often, he makes statements the ring very true with me. One of them is this: You don’t possess a loaded firearm on your person so that you can pull it out during Show & Tell. There is a time and place for everything. I would also never do that with someone I don’t know very, very well. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Im with you It’s all right for them to compare but I was just a soon keep mind concealed if it’s all the same to everybody else I feel more comfortable that way

2 Likes

I am concerned with how you describe “Show me yours, I’ll show you mine”. Unless all of the firearms were holstered and/or unloaded, I don’t think that is a safe game to play in an office environment. When someone asks to see what I carry, I always defer unless I can step away to unload and make safe first.

2 Likes

guess thats why we’re a bunch of rednecks! playing doctor in a doctor’s office

1 Like

Working at a gun range I am fortunate enough to see a significant number of special firearms!

On Sunday one of our regulars dropped in and later shared with us his original Colt Python, in that beautiful deep blue finish. And then shared with us his Hitler youth Walther PPS and on and on it went!

You haven’t lived until you have felt the incredible trigger in those original Colt Pythons.

1 Like

Speaking of California. Did anyone get that letter from the Office of the Attorney General ,Rob Bonta, about the security breach of private information from the CCW Firearms Dashboard Portal? Got me concerned .

3 Likes
3 Likes

I did.

1 Like

Freak them all out and buy a 44 Russian.

1 Like

Great story. Thanks for sharing…

2 Likes

Well, I had to quit my job. The office hired some psyco-bitch that thought she could boss me around. Once I put her in her place, talking only, she told the lab I work for the whole office didn’t want me there anymore. Laugh is on her, now the burden is on her and whoever she can boss around to do the job. I was fat, dumb and happy sitting on the couch on disability from a medical condition and medicine side effects. Didn’t need the job when I took it. HR departments are one reason I hate working. Get accused but don’t get the chance to face my accuser.

Now they want me to bring in the company’s computer. I said come to my home and get it!

1 Like

In my industry it’s the Safety Officials. They have no boundaries and the answer is ALLWAYS “Don’t’ you want to go home to your family”. They are really really annoying.

3 Likes

I would have to answer saying: don’t you want to go home to ours. But I’m a smartass which usually gets me in trouble

2 Likes