How often do you buy a new gun?

What you thinking for this year?

1 Like

I feel your pain.

My wife has limited to me to 2 guns per year. Unless I work OT, then I can get more.

The plus side is that accessories are unlimited so I can buy all the doodads I want. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t made a new weapon in years.for the simple reason I have made all the weapons I need,and don’t sell or trade any weapons i have also I reload a;l;l the rounds that I have weapons for and really don’t go to the range much,but do contentiously practice with Laser snap caps and laser targets to keep my motor memory active

6 Likes

Every income tax return I either get more reloading supplies or a new gun.

6 Likes

I already have a good supply of Weapons for any parts needed for all the weapons I have and when weapons are under heavy use they do have parts that wear out under constant use and i have used the what if scenario to maintain the parts inventory and there are complete spare parts in all my weapons cases,even it the weapons are not in the cases,they have tape marks as to what caliber weapon goes in that case and the parts for that weapon goes in that case along with 6 loaded mags,so a ready resupply is close at hand

3 Likes

@Levi2
That is a good question. I watch a lot of gun reviews/videos throughout the year and I go to the local gun store with card in hand. Sometimes I am thinking about what I want to get and come out with something different. You know I am an M&P guy. They have stepped it up recently with pistols with the 2.0 Metal, Equalizer, Competitor. Maybe even a 1911 and conform myself to the grip safety. But once I am in that LGS I am like a kid in a candy store.

3 Likes

I may buy a 1911 .22LR, Sig P322, or Walther WMP, but as far as those, I’m done. I’ve settled on my rifles and winter/summer pistols.

2 Likes

I keep looking at the Colt/Walther 1911-22LR, but instead I keep putting money into current gun maintenance, upgrades, and ammo for current.

I’ve basically decided I would rather stick with being as good as I can with what I’ve got, vs. putting another caliber into the mix.

4 Likes

Well for me the Louisiana floods of 2016 in which I lost several firearms skewed my answer. Several of my favorite pistols set and sewer water for 3 days before I can get in and get to them. The inside of the pistols or severely pitted by that caustic sludge and rebuilding them was decided out of the question. I sold them as is to a gunsmith. All that said I bought seven new handguns within weeks of each other after the flood. Since then I have bought only three new pistols and two long guns.

I have tried since then to limit by purchases to one question. What is my goal and purpose. Otherwise I might find myself buying a new firearm every couple of months. The last firearm I bought was strictly because I I had always wanted the Beretta bobcat because I thought it was unique and would make a fun range toy. Even though I have a pocket holster for it I almost always carry my SIG 238 if I’m going to pocket carry which is rare unless the clothing for an event that day makes it problematic to carry on my left hip.

3 Likes

I wondered similarly what others do. I imagine, personal budget is a prime factor.

For me, when I first started owning, I tried out owning more/different models, until I settled on my ideal personal EDC needs.

I guess it can differ on use, hobby, hunting, etc. Not unlike a learning curve, in earlier years of use, one might find preferences can still change, color, safety, magazine style, size.

I’ve sold some back too. Today, there’s only one more model EDC I’d like to test having/wearing, but budget dictates my delay.

2 Likes

When I bought my P320 M17 it was exactly what I wanted. It doesn’t meet my current needs or uses very well anymore, but I can’t bring myself to let it go.

2 Likes

Haven’t bought a gun in awhile, couple years I think, but have a hard time passing up deals, so just bought another upper (16" Aero M4E1, $350 AimSurplus if anyone’s interested) . Bought a 4X Athlon prism scope last month, $80 below msrp, and have a 4-12X44 Vortex coming tomorrow, that was a freebie included with an ammo purchase. Might need another rifle to put that on.

4 Likes

Brownells has the PRS Lite for $85 if you need one… not that I know because I bought one or anything…

3 Likes

I’ve go tto hold off for now. Stocks not allowed in CT, and I’ll just use an existing CT legal lower of which I have 3, all with a compliant brace lol…after I move, I’ll be…looking for a deal.
Glad I found the 16" as I can have that as a rifle in a free state. As it stands here, I can go down to 12" barrel ( I have 12.5/14.5/ 16" uppers now, but wanted another 16" for the prism/Sionyx Aurora set up), pistol brace, mandatory VFG…making our AR based guns “others”.

2 Likes

Booooo!!

Uhhh, those two things don’t normally play well?

2 Likes

We have opposable thumbs and complex brains (so I’ve been told).
Adapt and overcome!!

If I didn’t love the first one so much, I wouldn’t have #'s 2 and 3 lol.
Ironically, with all the ehtee eff bruhaha going on lately, this combo seems to have been overlooked. Love how resourceful folks can get when pushed.
Some of the builds get pretty silly, like when a guy has a 5" barrel, and a 7" welded suppressor to get the mandatory 12" barrel, then stuffs a VFG about 2" in front of the magwell lol…but they do do this…and flash it all over the Reddit forum smdh.

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember saying that when I bought my first gun.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Ok, maybe some extra magazines :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve bought more this year (9) than ever before, for 2 distinct reasons: 1) For myself. I’m a 1911 fan, and for several years have been EDCing one Commander-sized 1911 or another from SA, Kimber, and Ruger. However, being 60+, I find them less and less comfortable. So…over the past 6 months or so I have transitioned, first, to a 9mm M&P Shield, and more recently, to an M&P .45 Shield. 2) Insuring that my children and grandchildren are armed to the teeth.

5 Likes

Depends on if i find something I like.

With 114, Ive bought quite a few in a short time frame…

From just after November 8th to now.

44 magnum Taurus 44.
556 PSA JAKL
2 stripped lowers AR15
2 complete lowers AR15
556 AR15
Ruger Mark4 22/45 lite
9mm Ruger American Compact Elite
Ruger Charger
22lr Henry lever action

2 I gave to my wife as early Christmas Gifts, the AR15 and Mark4.

I have another AR15 and Complete lower that just arrived earlier at the FFL today but i think I will consign them as it was a backup order should the shop not get what wanted in time…

Depedning on what happens with 114, it will determine if i am going to be stuck with what I have or if i can get something new later…

3 Likes