How many guns do you carry on your person CC/OC?

I was wondering how many guns people usually carry here in the states. I’m now an American myself, but for many years I obviously wasn’t…born and raised in apartheid South Africa. I grew up in a war-zone watching my back, front, sides, and up…sometimes I didn’t even know which way to look:) Spacial awareness is what I learned a lot and got me out of trouble many-a-time. One should be able to spot danger a mile away, or at least be vigilant enough not to be a next statistic/victim.

So I carry a Glock 19 sometimes OC or CC as my ‘main firearm,’ but I do carry a secondary as well, which is an ankle holstered firearm single stacked, S&W. I train equally on both for uniformity and accuracy better practices! On rare occasions, I add a shoulder holstered firearm, it depends what I’m wearing; but carrying 2 firearms is the norm, 3 on rare occasions! I also wear a level III body armor.

For my vehicle, I usually carry a CZ Scorpion with 3-mags, one being a 50-rounder. Of course it’s mounted, secured, and locked, but I’ve easy access if I ever need it while driving. My vehicle is tinted, with loads of security, alarms and such; most importantly, I try not to stop at Walmart or such places. I thought it’d be interesting to hear what’s the ‘norm’ here on this forum…ps: I live in AZ, moved from CA (dumbest state I’ve ever lived in [as far as gun laws go]); anyways, thanks and cheers for now!

9 Likes

Once in a while I have carried 2 firearms but it has always been in the winter. A pocket pistol and one in a kydex holster. When I was a patrol cop I always carried 2. 1 in my duty holster and one in an ankle holster.

4 Likes

I carry one gun. I also carry an extra mag. I carried a Glock 26 for years which is a double stack. I now carry a Ruger LC9s which is a single stack holding 7 rounds + 1 chambered, so I take an extra mag with me also just in case!

9mm & holster1|549x495

5 Likes

I carry my G30 with an extra 13 round mag with the Xgrip And I carry a Sig 365Xl with a extra mag. Then I have an mag in my truck for both.

5 Likes

Welcome to America!

I only carry one gun, one or maybe two extra mags. I do, depending on what is going on, sometimes have a long gun in the car, with extra mags and ammo.

6 Likes

One each Glock of some variation of .45 Calibre w/2 extra mags. In car one each AR-15 in .300 Blackout. 4+ knives. This is my personal IFAK and EDC

8 Likes

You are becoming notorious here for those lovely Karambits, making everyone jealous, or at least me. :grin::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Got to admit I love them

6 Likes

Zavier, is this you? Any firearms in the vehicle today? - YouTube :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

4 Likes

PS. Secret watch list guy these posts are made for humor by professionals on a closed course Do Not Try This At Home. No animals were harmed during the making of these posts

4 Likes

That’s how I carry the Kerambits, then I may have a neck knife, 3-6 misc. Throwing knives. Maybe a belt buckle punch dagger and a couple more folders.

For most of my life I was always better with steel, as that’s what I practiced

3 Likes

Usually just one firearm, with a spare mag or speed-loader. Once in a great while, my S&W 642 goes along in a pocket to supplement the Glock 23 or S&W 686 x 4". It takes a pretty funky neighborhood to prompt the 2-gun regimen, though.

Where I nearly always have a second gun is in the back-country, and that takes the form of a 223 carbine or Rem 870 12 gauge. I did have cause to deploy the carbine in March 2007, and that prospective carjacker elected to pursue other opportunities. Meth monsters, SHEESH.

5 Likes

That’s cool. Yeah, I always carry 2 extra mags for my Glock 19. I trust it but in case I were to lose it in my scenario where it’s gone, then I’ve the ankle one, single-stacked 7+1, just for that extra piece of mind.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about…yeah, can’t be too safe nowadays!

2 Likes

Thank you. I love this country. Being American feels good and I’ve definitely have taken advantage of all opportunities presented to me including earning 3-degrees, bachelors, masters, and a doctorate. I find though that many Americans don’t take advantage of these opportunities; it’s hard work juggling a family and work, and the time it takes I definitely understand that, but being from a poor background, when I came here, I’d no choice but to stand on my two feet trying to better my life and my family’s.

Now guns, I love and have always had experience from a very young age. It’s nice to exercise the 2A, and I find it to be great to be able to protect my family whilst enjoying the leisure right!

7 Likes

Awesome set-up. I also carry 2 extra Glock 19 mags, and one knife for EDC.

3 Likes

Haha…indeed.

2 Likes

It really depends on where I’m going. I tend to always have a pistol and extra mags in my vehicle safe and I always have my carry weapon also.

If I’m going into a more dangerous part of town, I might grab an extra mag or two for my carry pistol.

If I’m going to a family function, I usually carry a vest with 6 pistols like in the boondock saints, a sawed off shotgun, an M4, machete, 2 pocket knives, a pen knife and an arsenic pill in case they want to take a family photo.

3 Likes

You are well equipped. That said, it’s a rather specific list for someone that uses his real name and posts a link to an equally public bio. This is a very public forum…

Concealed and unknown is generally considered an advantage for CC.

Just my opinion (which of course, no one asked for).

3 Likes