How many guns do you carry on your person CC/OC?

Sgt. H’s EDC survival and “instant fire mission” kit:
(2) Flashlights, 1 Micro Stream in L shirt pocket for convenience, 1 tactical light (strobe, etc.) in LF pants pocket
(1) Cell phone in extended life battery case, R shirt pocket
(1) TASER C2 (not a stun gun, a civilian TASER, pre-PULSE) LF pants pocket
(1) Tactical 3.5’ assisted open folder, tanto blade pocket-clipped in RF pants pocket
(1) Butane cigarette lighter (never know when you might need a fire) L shirt pocket
(1) A Sharpie pen (to assist my memory in being a good witness - I can write license numbers etc. on my hand) L shirt pocket
(2) Handguns: 9mm compact single-stack semi auto right hip, 22LR 5-shot North American Mini Revolver B.U.G. folding grip RF pants pocket
(2) Spare mags for the auto, L hip
(1) pair patrol gloves, LR pocket
(1) Recently added easy pull-up full-surround face mask around my neck for Cov-19, also good for dust (muted American flag pattern in black and gray)

3 Likes

Your opinion is welcomed with me. If you’re referencing me, I concur, there? There are dis/advantages in CC, but choose OC because I’m making a statement in how I EDC…and also being “African,” I find it less “threatening” with OC. I don’t want to run into a cop who’s “badge heavy” and sees a bulge on my hip and have everything go south from there. As for posting using my real name, I’m ok with it because I’ve nothing to hide; people know me, where I live (Phoenix AZ), and what I do for a living…I’m ok with everything out in the open. People can google my name and see pretty much my life story. The only thing I’ll “hide” is my exact residence address!

I know there’s a debate on OC/CC and there are pros and cons for both; I find OC to be the best way for me. Most importantly, I’m naturally very aware of my surroundings at all times and I feel better prepared (I also train for OC). :+1:t6:

4 Likes

I grew up on the west coast states of the U.S. and by the time I reached 18. I had been sexually molested, beaten, tortured, shot, Stabbed, and set on fire, not all at the same time of course. It started when I was 6. And each event was a different person. Needless to say, I am very sharp and aware at all times. And Awareness has saved my life more than once. What doesn’t kill you will make you sharper and stronger.
Because of adversity growing up. I became a black belt in a few different martial arts. An edged weapons expert. And very proficient with firearms. I am a situational carry person. If I feel a need, I carry accordingly. But I have to say, I have never carried more than one gun at a time.
Typical items to carry at one time; handgun, pepper spray, knife, flashlight. I consider this to be light carry. If I was heavy carry. I would ad a med kit, zip ties, extra ammo, fire starter, and a striking device of some kind. All in a nap sack.

5 Likes

You’re indeed brave and I’ve respect for you since you’ve not let what happened to you define you. Growing up under apartheid I faced some of the same challenges. I’ve been tortured on several occasions, and resulting in 3 back surgeries. Because I OC, I feel the need to have a secondary firearm that’s concealed. I’ve added a knife to my EDC. Before the torture, I practiced martial arts and was a brown belt in Tai-quan-do. So physically I’m able to protect myself first before firearms! Respect!!!

4 Likes

Thank you for the respect and encouraging words. In this world one must stand for justice for all. I served in the military and am a patriot. I never think of myself as brave, but more defiant against oppression and being victimized. I will stand and protect those that cannot. Seek peace before violence. And all weapons are tools of last resort. Not the “go to” for answers.
I alway try diplomacy first. But unfortunately so much falls on deaf ears of the general public. So many seem destined to fall prey to their own stupidity and unbridled anger.

3 Likes

I personally carry 4 items on me. one primary handgun concealed in a OWB holster with spare mag, an ankle handgun/w spare mag. A blade and good quality light. Plan to add a kubotaqn style ink pen. Carry an EDC Ifak in my vehicle.
A.

3 Likes