What is your most days carry gun and why?

What is your every day carry gun and why?

2 Likes

Every day I have a Smith and Wesson 642 J frame revolver in my right front pocket in a DeSantis holster. That’s because it disappears in there in business dress clothes, and I can safely carry in my office, in spite of the no gun global policy of my company. Other times I have on me a Smith and Wesson 380 Shield EZ. That’s usually in an Urban Carry OWB “lock leather” holster, which is super comfortable and sits flat against my hip, so its easy to cover with a T shirt.

5 Likes

I carry the Canik Combat Elite 9mm in a generic holster. If you want to know why go look at the target thread where I posted today’s target.

4 Likes

Depends.

Currently, a Glock 17, because I like it. With an RMR

5 Likes

Kimber EVO SP, easy to conceal.

3 Likes

Before the tragic Stripper/Mud slide incident in Bora-Bora, I carried a Beretta 92A1 in an Alien Gear OWB pancake holster. There is no way to fully conceal this…er…I mean …There WAS no way to fully conceal THAT handgun. When I “had” it. Wink Wink. Nudge Nudge.

6 Likes

I thought you had lost your guns in a boating accident like I did! The stripper makes it more interesting :rofl:

5 Likes

These days I usually carry a S&W Shield 9mm in a Crossbreed modular holster attached to a Vertx Unity Tactical clutch belt (essentially a belly band).

Why? I place a high premium on deep concealment where I carry.

When I can wear a sweater vest or other cover garment, I carry a a Glock 19 in a crossbreed super tuck deluxe.

I can put the G19 in the Vertx belly band, but I’m not doing that right now.

4 Likes

Glock 43, sticky holster generally though sometimes kydex iwb. Carries easily and comfortably, I shoot it well, and in the Sticky, no one ever notices it, anywhere.
Sometimes my G19 in a kydex iwb…offers more protection with a bit more inconvenience. Still a comfortable carry.

4 Likes

Well, we were on a boat. In Bora-Bora. With a stripper. And there was this mudslide. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Glock 48 MOS with Holosun EPS Carry sight.

Why? Slim, 100% reliable with ANY ammo, super low (basically NO) maintenance, 15+1 capacity and disappears under a t-shirt AIWB.

10 Likes

Aficionado as well. Mainly winter though in my case. When I’ll need to renew my CCL Permit with the test fire portion, it’s the one I’ll prefer to test with.

2 Likes

Wait, what’s this now? Do I understand correctly that firearms were lost in a boating stripper mudslide incident? Or were the guns stripped by a mudslide cause by a boating accident? … Never mind, I’m sure it’s not worth trying to explain it. ( but it’s getting nearly as entertaining as a WH press conference. )

4 Likes

i also carry a glock 48 mos with a 507k in an alien gear cloak tuck 3 usually at 4 oclock. sometimes in a tier 1 AIWB. streamlight tlr7, shield arms mag well funnel, mag release, and mags. 15 in the gun with another 15+5 in my pocket

4 Likes

For OWB, I like this holster. They also have it for MOS and optics.

2 Likes

the AG cloak tuck 3 is about the most comfortable IWB ive worn. the neoprene backer is very comfortable for long periods of wear.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Nice set up/system.

2 Likes

Normally I do not discuss if, much less what, I carry. However I break that rule for this forum because I do feel the mutual education is important.

Most days I carry a springfield XDs in .45 auto with at least one spare magazine. This is augmented with three other options for hot weather and less clothing, one of which serves nicely as an every day back up gun when conditions or training indicate it.

I’m a slender man in an often very warm climate where as little as a tee shirt may be required, so it was a challenging bit of work to come up with a compliment of options that would work, necessitating hand made holsters in one case.

The remainder of the set are a Glock43, a S&W airweight hammerless, and an original Ruger Lcp. Even with all the latest new guns, these are the one’s that conceal reliably on me, and the lesser capacity and therefore smaller size of the 43 vs 43x, as well as the LCP vs LCP MAX, are why that has not changed.

They do not have the single magazine capacity of newer guns, but they all fit my hand well, are tested and tried at the range, and I make sure folow up mags are there should they be needed.

5 Likes

@DS-1 You left out the most important part…it happened in Bora-Bora. The stripper was Portuguese. Skeeter Bass boat and the mud just came out of nowhere. Damn I miss that boat. All my guns were in it.

4 Likes