Question for the regulars

How often do y’all carry? If it’s every day, what percentage of the day would you say you have a firearm on or with you? For me, when I’m not at work, I carry if I’m outside of my house. If I’m inside, there’s a firearm within a foot of me… wether it’s on the couch beside me watching TV, in my office working, or relaxing in bed, it’s always there. I’d carry at work if the entire alphabet wouldn’t show up to give me felonies. The topic was brought up, and it sounded fun. Thanks for y’all’s input :sunglasses:

27 Likes

All the time

24 Likes

What’s your preferred carry firearm and caliber, my friend? I prefer a government 1911 in .45

12 Likes

In my case I’d say 75% is situational awareness (avoiding bad places, bad people, bad times) and 25% carrying, when I know I cannot avoid one of factors mentioned earlier.
Working in places where firearms are prohibited is tough… but good escape plan and head on the swivel are good enough to be safe.

10 Likes

I answered in the other post but will answer. Unless I am in a Federally or other jurisdiction where it is prohibited. I have a gun 24/7 within easy access. If you had my phone number I guarantee I could do a function check with a couple of seconds.

14 Likes

Every day 24/7/365. I very rarely go anywhere prohibited. @Levi2 My preference also. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

On me, anytime I walk out of my door and 75% of the time I’m in my condo. The other 25% of the time it’s as close as my mouse to my right hand.

11 Likes

I carry 100 percent of the time outside my home and I purchased a chest rig to carry 100 percent of the time when I am inside my home. When I’m sleeping one is right within reach on my nightstand.

15 Likes

Good question.
I have been at home for about a month now with a bad foot. I do not do much but check the mail and go to the store every two days, but I always have my gun. I have been hearing too much about random shootings and home invasions happening all around. I hope I can avoid any altercations that may accrue but I do not want to be without it just incase.

13 Likes

My office is a prohibited zone, including the parking lot. However, I work from home about half the time. I don’t carry at home, but as I sit here, a firearm is within reach, same at the bedside - both are in holsters with a spare mag next to them and flashlights also near by.

10 Likes

I am POGO pants on gun on the only time I don’t carry is at the VA

9 Likes

I carry 90+ percent of the time when I leave the house.

Several are readily available as well as pepper spray when at home.

Nightstand has a flashlight, cellphone set to open up to keypad for press and hold 9, and car key to set off car alarm in driveway. A 40 cal loaded at 14+1 with weapon mounted light is in an unlocked, but lid closed safe beside the bed. The four legged alarm is always in the bedroom and always turned ON :slight_smile:

Edit: Two loaded 14 round magazines are in the safe as well.

8 Likes

Every day, wherever I go within reason taking all the rules and regs into account. When I worked company rules said no, But I was a road mech. My service vehicle was my personal space. So, it was don’t ask don’t tell. I have been retired now for a bit so that no longer applies. Have a Killer Chihuahua to. Retired Military adds in :us:

11 Likes

If I’m leaving the house I’m not alone. I’ll always have something on my person. Caliber preference is a little sticky. I love my 45 1911 but I’m usually carrying a 9 mm. If I have the pocket carry it’s a 380.

11 Likes

Very nearly all the time.

I work from home so I carry ‘at work’, and I rarely go somewhere that I am unable to carry. Half the time we go to the pool in the summer I carry and don’t get in. Very few places are off limits here in GA. About the only times I don’t carry are when I park across the street from the post office with gun in the car to go in for a necessity there…or when I am flying and check the declared firearm before going through security.

Occasionally I go into the kid’s school for a pickup or function and don’t carry then.

Otherwise, unless I am inside our house in the evening/night (after we lock up and nobody is leaving for the rest of the day), I am dressed and armed (but quick access staged, multiples, in that case)

I carried at two of my last three jobs as well (in person)

7 Likes

Every where it’s legal, my work isn’t carry legal so I can’t there but other than that all the time, sitting on couch playing with grand kids. I have walked up to door of restaurant with no concealed carry and turn around tell wife pick somewhere else. We live in South Carolina those signs are a law.

10 Likes

I make it habit to carry always (where legal) & if at home I have a holstered pistol strategically placed within reach. I even carry when I take the flipping trash out. These days are too unpredictable

9 Likes

I’m either carrying or there is a firearm within 6’ of me. I don’t do gun-free zones and I don’t frequent states where people can’t control their own government.

14 Likes

In IWB holster before I leave the house, regardless of my destination, so most of my waking hours.

8 Likes

Imagine the frustration of not having your self defense weapon that one time you actually needed it. Just being in the life or death situation would be bad enough, but the added frustration would not be particularly beneficial at that point in time. Imagine the guilt you might have if the situation warranted the defense of a child, wife or friend. It might weigh on you for the rest of your life.

11 Likes