Carry ALL THE TIME?

I’m sure this topic has been covered once before, but I’m a newbie to the USCCA community. My question is about carrying all the time. For example: should you carry if your going to your best friend’s house and back? Should you carry if your going to visit relatives and come straight home? I know the importance of carrying once you step out the door, but I always wondered about these questions I’m asking.

10 Likes

If I leave my yard, I’m carrying.
But sometimes I’ll even carry at home.

16 Likes

@Guy4 I carry all the time…here’s my reasoning. Perhaps I’ll be in an area with virtually no threat, although everywhere is unpredictable it seems today, but just for the sake of argument. Perhaps there’s virtually no threat but carrying is still a good training opportunity. Seems like when I carry I’m more apt to be in tune with situational awareness and more tuned in to my surroundings

14 Likes

Bad crap doesn’t happen on a schedule. I carry 24/7/365. Even to the mailbox! A run to the pharmacy, carry! If you choose to carry do so always and always where legal.

18 Likes

YES ALL THE TIME…YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT, BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY
:hocho: :boom: :boom:

15 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t think that question has ever come up around here… :thinking:

Just kidding. Only about every three months, and then it hangs around a while so everyone can weigh in again, that “yes” you should carry all the time, wherever you can.

1. you never know when you’ll need it.
  2. carrying every day keeps you comfy with the extra weight on your belt, so you’ll not be fussing with it as you move around. Need Proof? Take it off for a few days then put it back on, you’ll be messing with your belt again for a little bit.
  3. I agree with @Randyb that you’ll generally pay better attention to your surroundings if you are carrying than if you’re not.

All good things.

11 Likes

I even carry at home.

13 Likes

Like the topic states, CARRY ALL THE TIME. And the answer is yes to both your questions. Be blessed and carry on brother.

10 Likes

@Guy4 Welcome! Agree with Scott, 24/7/365. :+1:

8 Likes

If I leave my house I’m carrying. Moms house friends houser it does not matter. Always on me even at home

7 Likes

@Guy4 Whenever I leave home, I carry everywhere I legally can, and also, I carry at home because you just never know.

6 Likes

I carry almost all the time. There are places I (have to) go where I can’t carry. Today’s gun show, doctor’s appointments, and the like.

But otherwise, I carry, even at home.

11 Likes

What he said!

4 Likes

This is not snark or meanness. Have you ever had a robber RSVP and ask if 3:00 on the way back from the store if that works for you, so he can Rob you. The wolf always has the advantage as he knows if/when he is going to attack. Yes there are exceptions to that.

But as a general rule. I would rather have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.

11 Likes

When was the last time you drove your car and did not wear a safety belt? If you have a small child in the car is the child strapped into the safety seat?
The answer should be clear, you may not need it, but you had better have it all the time.

Larry

7 Likes

Going to the mailbox. Picking up the paper.Going into the house to whizz, yes I carry all the time. Showering a slight problem so near the curtain that needs a little work

5 Likes

When the time comes to have to defend yourself, you do not have the choice of when or where it happens. Giving a person the opportunity the chance to put you in a self-defense situation is also a chance to avoid by paying attention to your surroundings and avoiding problematic places that could be a chance to be taken advantage of. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and having a good situational awareness can really help to be aware of any problems that maybe happening around yourself.
It is always better to have and not need than to need and not have. It is always best to avoid, escape or evade than it is to confront someone and have to deal with all things that could be bad.

7 Likes

You never know when trouble might find you.

Once I decided to make a,quick run to a local grocery store not even 10 minutes from home. I live in what I consider to be a nice part of town so I figured in, out, I’ll be home before anyone realizes I went out. The store has posted a no firearms sign so I’m not carrying.

While stopped at the light in front of the grocery store, I see a car pull into the opposite lane and out of the blue, the driver rolls down his window and flips off the pickup 2 cars in front of me. He then gets put of the car. At this point , I’m starting to pull into the right turn lane as the light is still red, but I don’t want to stick around. Especially without a weapon. The light turns green and the pickup drives off. The guy in front of me has a deer in the headlights moment and isn’t doing anything. Since I’m moving into the right turn lane, I get the angry guy’s attention and he starts walking towards me while giving me the evil eye. I keep tabs on him using the rear view mirror until I get clear.

Luckily, I was in my car and the right turn lane was clear so I had a way out if things had escalated. If I had been on foot or the guy had pulled a weapon, I would have had a really bad day. I haven’t been back to that store since that day.

6 Likes

Unless its a place I can’t carry, I’m always carrying. Wearing nothing but shorts around the house. Phone in one pocket, revolver in the other, .22wmr NAA mini revolver, looks like a toy, packs a punch.

Middle of the night, taking the dog out, always packing my NAA.

5 Likes

I look at it like car accidents, most happen close to home.

4 Likes