How do you ALWAYS remember to bring your firearm?

Welcome to the Community @Greg139.

2 Likes

It just is part of my morning routine even before the first cup of coffee. I get up get a shower and dress. I’m usually wearing jeans even here in the deep South. As soon as I dress it is just habit to holster up. If there’s an event that I have to change clothing I may decide to pocket carry my p238 if the clothing for the event makes it problematic to carry on my left hip.

It is rare that I choose not to carry but it does happen. A while back I was going to have to go to the courthouse to fill out some documents. I did not carry obviously not allowed and I was going straight to the courthouse and straight back home but I did have something something in my car.

6 Likes

get a better holster

2 Likes

Exactly, gun, holster, money, wallet, knife and watch all in the same drawer.

3 Likes

I live the same, very rural on 14 acres, “side yard” is my 50 yard shooting range.

5 Likes

Welcome @Greg139 you’re now in great company.

2 Likes

My question would be how do you forget that?It’s just like putting on shoes…you just don’t forget.

4 Likes

If am going for a run I put on sneakers. If is warm I put on sandals. Heck if it’s warm enough sometimes I go out barefoot. Just trolling along

1 Like

I learned this at church:
Spectacles, testicles, wallet, watch

Then I added:
Dry fire, keys

Repeat 3 times and have a nice day!

4 Likes

:point_up:
That is smart… :ok_hand:

I found my version…
binóculos, testículos, la pistola, Pepsi-Cola

Don’t even need to repeat 3 times… :grinning:

2 Likes

My version is
Spectacles, testicles, wallet, IFAIK, kevlar and chain gloves, emergency medicine, hat, Paracord bracelet knives o plenty… Outside realizing I forgot my phone :iphone:. Vitamin water :ocean::sweat_drops: and Keys :old_key:, gun :gun:.

Stealth edit: Knives O Plenty
Super stealth edit: Keys.
Super Duper Stealth edit: Gun :gun:

5 Likes

@Zavier_D , How many times do I need to repeat it ? :grimacing:

I’ve been trying for last 50 minutes… and I’m still at “Spectacles, testicles, wallet….” :frowning_face:

I think I need something like:
Eeny, meeny, ancle, hip
Catch your handgun by the grip

:grinning:

6 Likes

I do need a training montage for when I am going out. Pay no attention to the edits above… For I am the Great and Terrible keyboard :musical_keyboard: warrior :military_helmet:

5 Likes

Full disclosure: I have, on a few occasions, walked out of the house with an empty holster.:man_facepalming:
I have medicine to help with my memory but I can’t remember when I’m supposed to take it.

7 Likes

@Thomas620 Welcome to our community.

:rofl: Good one. :rofl:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s becoming my habit. Plus I tend to keep my holsters next to my clothing and clothing closet, next to my keys, flashlight, carry go stuff, so that reminds me.

Sometimes I pause and think about it in terms of am I going somewhere where it’s prohibited forcing me to just leave it at home or not.

2 Likes

Or when to get it refilled

2 Likes

Love that old saying. My habit is to touch my cell phone, wallet and gun as I exit a place. The gun I do by touching it with my elbow.

2 Likes

I just consider, there’s a liberal behind every pole!

4 Likes

And avoid going into places you wouldn’t go without a gun. Going to one or in one just because you have a gun is inviting trouble. Best way to avoid a gun fight is don’t go to one.

6 Likes