Gun vault: Glock 22

Here’s one for the Glock Lovers, check out what Kevin’s doing to this Glock:

Would you still consider this gun a Glock after the changes Kevin has made?

Do you customize your Glocks?

3 Likes

For a carry gun, all I replace is the sights. Heck, my current 19 I have not done that even yet.

I guess what you use to consider a “Glock” a “Glock”. I would not consider that one, as the frame is not “Glock”, even if the guts are. Nice custom gun!

3 Likes

I’m about too!!!

2 Likes

I’ve done the 357 Sig barrel change. I haven’t thought about the grip angle much since I haven’t had enough trigger time on it to notice yet.
I’m using a 5.19" ported stainless barrel in my Glock 22.
It looks and targets good. I also got a standard length stainless barrel in 357 Sig which I haven’t tried yet.
Don’t tempt me with ideas. Do not double dog dare me.

3 Likes

Having carried a Glock for well over 20 years now, the grip angle is second nature to me. I have thought about a barrel change but I like the 9mm platform!

3 Likes

One of things I love about my Glocks is the grip angle… wouldn’t want to change that.

2 Likes

That’s so weird,@Zee - that’s what I don’t care for about the Glock… Different guns for different people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When you’re used to “old fashioned” grip feel, Glocks take some getting used to. Kind of like when I wore Levi’s way back when and now jeans are just…different. They’ll bother me till I kick them around the stables, soak them in a water tank, and beat them dry on a fence post. By that time I have an excuse to try to find more comfortable jeans. I’m not trying that with my Glock. Don’t worry Zee.

2 Likes

I used to hate how a Glock felt in my hand, and then I actually started shooting them. Now, that grip angle feels ideal to me. I just added a G17 to go with my G19, and both will have Trijicon HD XR Night Sights on them. I may have to add a G34 to my Glock 9mm battery soon. I also want a G20/G21 once Glock gets around to giving their big bores the Gen5 treatment. @Dawn - I still have my SIGs, and especially love the P365 line. I may also need to get the new XL version. I may need to get some extra time in at work now lol!

1 Like

:laughing:
See now, that’s part of why I bought a glock in the first place… because the head of the Israeli Shooting School in Los Angels told me “you can swim through a swamp with them, drag them through the sand, and then drop them in the mud and they’ll still shoot first time every time.” :+1:
I think the Glock can take your horse tank :grin:

1 Like

And a bigger safe :grin:

1 Like

Ok @Zee, you’ve got me convinced. It’s me, the Glock, and the muddy watering hole at first light. May the best man get a shower.

2 Likes

We all love our Glocks. Some more than others I am starting to realize. Here is a Glock I came across and just wanted to share the love this man has for his beloved Glock. Let me know if you think this is overboard???

2 Likes

@Wayne9 wheres the icon with the eyes bugging out?!
Ok, I’m gonna go on record saying if your glock is covered in engraved art, and you’ve gilded the slide, you have definitely gone overboard.

1 Like

This man had the whole slide 10k Gold plated not to mention the work done to the barrel to match the slide. It was an impressive work of art to say the least.

2 Likes

“…where thieves break through and steal.”

1 Like

Would hate to have to clean that thing!!!

1 Like

this:

“I have to take my gun to the jeweler to be cleaned”

is not something I ever want to say!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I shot the Glock 17 and 19 this weekend and find myself eating crow about the 17. I shot very well with it. Maybe because I’ve had more training? :woman_shrugging:

I didn’t care for how the 19 felt. I know they’re very similar, but there was enough of a difference that I didn’t shoot as well.

I’m going to shoot them and a few other Glocks this week and then I’ve heard a rumor that my boyfriend and kids may be getting me one for my birthday… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ok, now THAT’S something I didn’t think I’d see… @Dawn using “Glocks” and :heart_eyes: in the same sentence :scream::rofl::rofl: