Gun policies of universities

Is there an online resource outlining the gun policies of various U.S. universities?

2 Likes

That is a good question.

I got a GREAT idea for you, sir! Call your local Sheriffs office and ask the deputy that picks up.

But hold on, what are you trying to find out? The only universitys in the U.S. that legally allow firearms is in Arkansas.

Now I’m not saying that they don’t exist but don’t really know how to find out various ones.

Even in Arkansas it’s specific on who, how and where. So be sure to study carefully. If you’re looking to travel to a specific university contact that university. My interaction with the University of Arkansas was pleasant tho it was thru email so I had records if there were any problems that arose.

2 Likes

Good info @Sheepdog556!

What college did you go-to there?

University of Alabama rules regarding firearms, and I believe all universities in state have similar, only allow " for a firearm properly maintained in a personal vehicle in a manner consistent with Alabama law", otherwise NO,

1 Like

I didn’t attend college I was visiting Fayetteville and found myself accidentally on campus with a concealed handgun. After that I reached out and got the information I needed. This isn’t legal advice but I was told that so long as it stayed in the car it was legal but I needed an Arkansas enhanced carry permit to walk around campus with it. Then there are some administrative and sporting event buildings that further regulate firearms

1 Like

Utah is another State that does as I remember it passing back 8 or 10 years ago. Of course it could have changed since then. I am not sure I have ever seen a list though one may exist.

1 Like

Are you an Alabama Fan @William220?

Wife grew up in Tuscaloosa and went to U of A while I ,OTOH, went to Auburn University. We have a ‘interesting’ marriage during football season. It’s compounded by living here in T-town. However, this was a good year since AU won the ‘Iron Bowl’! WAR EAGLE!!!

2 Likes

@William220 I’m LSU!

So imagine how I feel right now!!!

#LSU2019Champs

2 Likes

Major respect to Auburn though!

No love to Alabama though :rofl: :joy: :rofl: JK

1 Like

Ok had time for a 1 second Google Search:

https://www.ncsl.org/research/education/guns-on-campus-overview.aspx
3 Likes

So easy being an Arkansas fan right now. Not even worth getting hopes up for rivalry games. Lol

However on the diamond they got it going

1 Like

Hey! I always love playing Arkansas though. We had a great Baseball team back in 2017 but lost the championship too Florida :sob:

As far as football, we just had an extremely well year. We needed to get payback for losing the ‘BCS’ in 2011 to Alabama and the 7 years that followed. Best part is our win over Bama was on their turf which tickled me too death.

However, I’m very very satisfied. We not only won the CFC BUT every award available including Joe Burrows Heisman Trophy.

LSU CHAMPS # 1958 - 2003 - 2007 - 2019

2 Likes

Hey brother welcome to the family god bless you

To be 100% sure you are OK with policy in particular University, you will have to ask for “firearm policy” in that University…

3 Likes

I’m not advocating anything, I just know that many students at my school kept pistols in their rooms, in violation of school policy and state law. I doubt those pistols saw the light of day except when the students left campus.

I recall one student who was shocked to see a handgun in a drawer. The universal reaction was “grow up.” We got lucky. I’m not sure you’d get the same reaction. It only takes one party pooper.

2 Likes

Can not carry in buildings, can leave locked in car.

3 Likes

Auburn gave LSU all they wanted and then some. I’m not sure LSU would have won if Auburn’s QB had a full season under his belt. Played pretty good for a true freshman QB and our defense played great. It was probably Auburns best game of the season. SEC West is without a doubt toughest conference in the country.

2 Likes