Gun policies of universities

Yes, I was going to say, Auburn has a stacked defense. They gave us a game that’s for sure.

But you guys always do. Win or lose the rivalry, it’s always a game.

History 101: LSU was playing Auburn in 1988 when the LSU geology department read a earth tremor after we won the game by a last minute touch down.

Remember a few years back when they fired Les Miles after you guys won? I almost broke my TV after that game. Man, I love the rivalry between the teams.

No, doubt! SEC WEST is by far the hardest division.

2 Likes

Texas has opened up conceal carry at universities for a few years now. Like stated by Jersey, you need to check policy of individual University (at least in Texas). There are places on each Campus that are “Gun Free zones“ and you must leave your firearm in your vehicle. It’s possible to have a class in a building not allowing guns.

2 Likes

If it’s truly concealed…

2 Likes

If you have your CCW it is legal in Oregon, K-University.
However, if you are employed by or are doing contract work for they may make that a condition of employment. If caught, you have broken no law, all they can do is trespass you off the property then fire you. They didnt have this clause when I became employed so dont know what my status was, but I carried every day for 20 years at the university I was employed at. Concealed is concealed. I had to drive home through cougar and bear country every day. The University was not there to protect me if my truck broke down or some other indecent happened along the 40 mile drive each way. I was not going to lock my firearm up out in a busy parking lot. I put it in my backpack in a zipped case then locked that backpack up in my private locked file cabinet that I had wired and locked to my desk which was inside my office which I could lock. Never had a problem. It was a risk I was willing to take, again not illegal, just against policy.
If you are a non-employee they will try and trespass you off the property then get sued by Oregon Firearms Association, again. https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

2 Likes

What does the Oregon Firearms Association do?

Like, in general?

1 Like

They are strong advocates for second amendment rights.
If you have any firearms question ask and get a very timely reply, member or not.
They take the state to court over bad legislation.
They provide legal assistance for some egregious cases, member or not.
They interview and research people running for office and give them a 2nd Amendment rating.
They send out bulletins of upcoming gun legislation.
They have a Political Action Committee.
They have an educational Foundation.
They can generally help with any Oregon related issues or questions you may have.

2 Likes

I like all that!!

1 Like