Gun confiscation in Illinois for expired FOID card

This came off FB, so I can’t vet it further, but sharing, because… apparently the law enforcement in Illinois has been so effective with cleaning up badguys-with-guns that they’ve nothing left to do other than confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens with expired FOID cards.

Oh, wait… maybe they WERE’NT out of badguys-with-guns to pursue, because there’s this:

No one was shot Tuesday in Chicago, marking the first time that Chicago has gone a full day without a reported shooting since November. The respite … last nearly 27 hours, between 10:10 p.m. Monday and 1 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chicago Sun-Times and Chicago police records.
from Tuesday Marks First Day of 2020 Without Any Reported Shootings in Chicago – NBC Chicago

And there’s this:

• Chicago shootings 2019: 55
  • Chicago shootings 2020: 59 so far this year!

from Tracking Chicago shooting victims: 2,021 so far this year, 164 more than in 2020.

Glad to see they’ve got their priorities right. :angry: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Oh I understand apparently they wanted to cut ER Doctors and Nurses a little slack so Mayor Lightfoot took the full credit for giving bangers a Timeout (Sarcasm)

3 Likes

Their too busy trying to run gun dealers out of business to worry about criminals. We can thank The Governor and his anti-Constitution ISP appointed head for this.

5 Likes

Yes Sir Chet! @45IPAC The entire crew from JB Pritzker on down have to be replaced including Mike Madigan next election

6 Likes

I think it was the “legal” weed that mellowed them out for a few hours :slight_smile: (also sarcasm)

3 Likes

There is a noticeable difference since Pritzker passed the Gun dealer law many have let their licenses go at least up in this area. This is why the House Speaker needs to go, Madigan is death to IL, Guns, Property Taxes, Sales Tax, Retail Taxes, etc. etc. Rauner was weak but also never had a chance with Team Madigan at least Lisa is gone but Kwame whatever his last name is is also cheerleading for Mike Madigan. I believe consistently IL residents are leaving still about 600 families each year if not more.

4 Likes

That was funny, @Greg! I may have laughed out loud and made everyone in the office look at me. :innocent:

3 Likes

After a quick search, the graphics show the story quickly:

Data released by the U.S. Census Bureau Dec. 30 show Illinois’ population dropped by 168,700 people from 2010-2019, the largest raw decline of any state and more than the entire population of Naperville, Illinois’ third-largest city.

From July 2018 to July 2019, Illinois’ population shrank by 51,250, the second-largest raw decline in the nation behind New York and the third largest in percentage terms behind West Virginia and Alaska, according the Census Bureau.

The largest driver of Illinois’ population decline? More people are leaving for other states than arriving from other states. During the year, Illinois lost 104,986 people on net to other states, or roughly 288 residents per day. That’s one person every 5 minutes.

Ok - I got a little sidetracked with all that data, but DANG! Illinois is going to become a wasteland.

Data from: Illinois saw nation’s worst population loss during the decade

3 Likes

@Dawn Wasteland Thank You Mike Madigan

He’s the problem. When they say House Whip they’re not kidding. He is not the entire problem but he is the majority of all the problems in IL.
My old buddy Ed Burke a Chicago Alderman for decades and his wife Anne Burke, IL Supreme Court Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Illinois. Eddie and I served together in the US Army. But since he has turned into anti-gun anti second amendment, anti concealed carry. He was quite a bit older than me but he was always a decent person when we served.
Now it’s different he’s an vehement anti gunner. But Mike Madigan is the true tyrant speaker of the Illinois house

2 Likes

DANG indeed… that’s pretty impressive… one person every 5 minutes fleeing Illinois… :grimacing:

2 Likes

If I stay long enough, property is gonna get cheap. :thinking:

3 Likes

@Zee Zee it’s more symbolic of people swan diving from buildings during the stock market crash of 1929

2 Likes

Your right about that! We lost one of the last small gun dealers in the area when the regulations for real time customer video and guns had to be all locked up behind a counter. That law was held over from the previous session (Rauner would have veto’d it) and signed by Pritzger when he took office… completely illegal.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why Rauner didn’t sign, I’m a little in the dark as to why, I’m guessing Mike Madigan had a big part in the process but I’m only speculating.
Well if Uncle Bernie is elected our guns are gone and we are all headed to the The communist Gulag for gun owners, apparently Bernie claims we are the problem and either will be murdered or will be headed off to reeducation camps.

1 Like

I don’t think Rauner ever had the chance, they held it in some committee and never sent it to the Gov’s desk.

2 Likes

Yes everything here in IL comes with a price tag. You have to pay to play.

3 Likes

…but not your property taxes!

4 Likes

But, Southern Illinois is very different from Northern in that respect also. My taxes on a home with an appraisal value of 80k, are 365.00 a year. Also, where other states have lower taxes, some have higher vehicle registration, or drivers license fees, etc. No state is perfect. Some just more friendly to certain aspects of life than others. I’m in Illinois for the long haul, and the fight that comes this way.

2 Likes

@45IPAC I’m at just over $4,000 per year Chet my friend pays $5500 and up from there here in Du Page County I’ve seen as much as $50,000 per year on property tax. I’m here also for the long term but contemplating moving us down near Springfield way.

2 Likes

I agree, the further south you get (in Illinois), the better. I’m there also. We’re hoping to move out when/if I retire. Somewhere “Red”…

4 Likes