Gun confiscation in Illinois for expired FOID card

Missouri isnt full yet. Just Sayin’.

1 Like

@Zee The Show Me state My friend and his wife go to St Louis at least once a month and love it.

1 Like

@45IPAC My friend in Springfield are under $1,000/year

2 Likes

That’s a better tax rate than I have!

3 Likes

I just read Governor “Porcelain” Pritzker pays near nothing for his Chicago Gold Coast Mansion. After paying the past due$330,000 taxes he has pulled out all bathroom facilities thus the name Porcelain and the city of Chicago building inspections has it deemed uninhabitable. So here it is Illinois flim-flam politics finest hour.

1 Like

MO or TN…

1 Like

Here’s the owner of the gun shop I go to, Hood’s Guns and More, on the radio this morning discussing the new gun dealer rules.

2 Likes

Being a Illinois native for 42 years, before getting smart and moving to a gun loving state (Arizona). Illinois has always been run by Democrats because everyone knows that Chicago runs the state. And always will. So from Mike Madagen to the gay mayor and the high taxes that state deserves what it is getting.

1 Like

@Greg1 Greg in my opinion Rauner Gov. Rauner was steamrolled by the infamous Speaker of the House and he really never had a chance to govern. He had a few good ideas but never really voted for except for Concealed Carry which our previous Governor Quinn was adamantly opposed to and never had a chance between Mike Madigan and Pat Quinn it never had a chance

2 Likes

Please, excused the fact that I do not know what a FOID card is!!! …

2 Likes

Welcome to the group @Henry12!
FOID is a firearm owner’s identification card - and the state of Illinois requires you have one, if you are going to be within smelling distance of a firearm :wink:
@Robert8 can give you more of the Illinois details, but it’s basically a hoop you pay to jump through if you want to have a firearm as a resident of that state.

1 Like

@Zee @Henry12 FOID is solely if you are a resident of IL. Let me say that the ISRA which is Illinois State Rifle Association is fighting the situation which is under review but likelyhood of it being dissolved is about 10,000,000,000 to 1.
In IL you have NO right to keep and bear arms without being approved by the FOID. Which is NOT part of the CCW license but you have to be in possession of both in order to have a CCW License.
We go through 720 background checks each year 2 per day minus your major holidays. So IL with the exception of Chicago, Peoria, and East St. Louis, IL are blood red but those 3 areas are Blue which is why they always say on TV that IL is Blue but areawide is Red but like I said the powers that be in Springfield, IL
consider Blue (Big Mike Madigan) Speaker of the House has much more power ( in IL it’s called Juice ) than the Governor and at one time it was considered by some presidents to have the mayor of Chicago The Late Richard J Daley more powerful than the president not to be confused with Richard M Daley. If any interest read the book “BOSS” it’s a Biography of Richard J Daley. Illinois FOID Card must be on you like a CCW, to buy a firearm and ammunition you must produce a FOID a CCW is never taken to buy ammunition or a firearm.
By the way Welcome to the Community Henry :grin:

2 Likes

@Zee Lol on Smelling Distance.

1 Like

Thank you much for the clarification on the GUN LINGO!!! … EmojiEmojiEmojiEmojiEmojiEmojiEmoji

2 Likes

Happy to be a help Henry, anytime Sir!

1 Like

My own FOID and CCL do not expire for a few years. I happened to look on my state’s website on
FOID and CCL, when I noticed that on the website, it no longer contained my expiration dates (which are of course on my cards), but instead the website lists the Expiration Date as “COVID-19”. I imagine most of you who applied for renewal but have not yet received your official new cards, already found appropriate resource answers, such as via your state’s websites. However, I thought it comforting to see it in my own civilian password protected state police website dashboard.