Illinois FOID and Illinois CCW Price Increase

I just received a notice from the ISRA, Illinois State Rifle Association regarding our Democrat Controlled State Legislature. The Firearms Fund and State Police Operations Fund has been raided by Democrats of approximately $30 Million Dollars. This fund originally was intended for reducing the FOID waiting time and be used in the administration of the CCW Program was diverted by Democrats to the General State Spending by the Anti-Gunners. This will double our FOID Fees and likely double our CCW Fee along with renewals.
The State Police Operating fee will be severely impacted by this as well.
This is not a good move by the Democrats and with Illinois highways and bridges being in such poor conditions and in my opinion we are not eligible for Federal matching funds now. Classy Move Democrats.

6 Likes

FOID always has been a cash grab. 2.2 million dollars a year. What did we think would happen when Brendan Kelly was appointed by Pritzker to be the head of ISP?

5 Likes

@45IPAC Well my old friend knows him Chet, he’s retired from the ISP, Brendan is a politician as are most who get to the rank of anything Captain and above. He is an active Democrat and he doesn’t believe in the Second Amendment. As far as JB Pritzker he’s another Billionaire like Bruce Rauner is and he loves to Control regular everyday people

3 Likes

Also some of us in Illinois have had trouble renewing our concealed carry!! It seems the state police computers are causing so many problems! Even when to a representative office to use theirs and it’s still not right!!

2 Likes

That’s why they want People to renew many months ahead of your expiration date.
Representative Office, that’s a word I have never heard before? Will you explain that to me please? Do you mean your IL Representative? I’m not following you?

1 Like

My son in law actually went to CD Davidsmeyer’s office to renew his license and even his office was having trouble ! They sent an email for him to see what the trouble may be! He also can’t use the automated system bc of a change of address!

2 Likes

Ok, thank you for the heads-up.
I understand.

1 Like

He is even doing it in plenty of time ahead! He still has 120 days til it expires!

2 Likes

I’m going to the renewal class in February, my card expires in October.

2 Likes

Hope u have better luck than he did renewing it!

2 Likes

I’m in a good position to wait it out. My CCW doesn’t expire until 2021, and my FOID, 2028.

2 Likes

Chet, My FOID is still 5 or 6 years left, I think 5 years. I hope ISRA gets details ironed out next year
I think JB laid off state employees

2 Likes

I hope so too. I think I will
Thank You Midnight. I’m going to keep the Community posted on updates, not that most are involved in IL But @Dawn & @Zee always keep up to speed on most things.

2 Likes

My real name is Hope! And ur welcome! Good Luck!!!

3 Likes

What’s the length of time the class is valid for in IL? Some states it has to be within 6 months of application date.

2 Likes

Well a Sincere Thank You Hope.

1 Like

5 years on IL CCW
10 years on IL FOID
8 years on Florida “Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.

2 Likes

Zee.

I am unaware of an expiration on the training. I have had clients wait over a year To apply and as long as the training certificate is printed on the correct and current form needed by the state police then it is valid.

I had one client that waited a month to submit the information and there had been a form change in that time. I just needed to print a new certificate and the application was approved.

It is disgraceful how “Shall not be infringed” is a “proverb” rather than the directive it actually is. The U.S. Supreme Court (which, frankly, has been remiss in its duty to properly defend the Constitution) did rule the FOID unconstitutional. There is plenty of money buying politicians’ votes to practically annihilate the Constitution. Unfortunately for politicians, The Creator gave us our Freedoms, not the politicians. Am I surprised by IIllinois’s gouging and betrayal of the people? No. But that is why I left.

4 Likes

@Taina I love Chicago… especially the people. Received my degree at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I had to move out though… the political landscape was unbearable.
Now I just love to visit when I can. Still a great city.

2 Likes